My Pet Bug Farm: Nest building game
My Pet Bug Farm: Nest building game
A strategy game that gives you a pet insect colony without the mess. Starting with ants, we will bring fun and nature to your screen!
A strategy game that gives you a pet insect colony without the mess. Starting with ants, we will bring fun and nature to your screen! Read more
I am going to make this nest building game. Hopefully, with your help, I can make it my full time focus, so I can bring the game to you as soon as possible. This game will be made for windows.
You are THE Almighty God over a colony. You have to see to the needs of an ever growing number of bugs, while keeping your eye out for the dangers of being so small in such a big world. Brought to you in a partly cartoonish, partly realistic fashion.
- Building a nest by ordering ants to dig out roads and rooms.
- Make best choices for the nest.
- Make your Queen happy! ;)
- Tutorial to find your way and understand your options. (With our own flavor of comedy)
- Nurse eggs, larvae and wounded ants.
- Fighting off intruders and natural enemies or problems, in the form of (optional) events.
- Searching for food and water in the garden.
- Fighting food in the hunt. Your prey depends on the size of the nest and unlocked upgrades.
- Maintaining the garden. Overharvesting will kill plants and future food sources.
- Make sister nests.
- Overseeing 'traffic' in- and outside of the nest.
- Collecting XP to upgrade your Workers, Guards, Nurses, Queen and Swarm.
- Eventually aphid colonies, from which the ants can harvest food, will be added.
MyPetBugFarm is still in pre-alpha-mode. We have made our own game engine, to run this game as light as we can, and are currently testing the limits. We are counting on you to support this game, so it can become a reality and a Bèta-version soon!
Our current team is made of:
- 1 professional developer
- 1 PR and administration
- 2 professional musicians
I've eight years of professional experience in the development world, mostly financial. Currently I have most of the graphical engine and the plans needed for making the rest of the game. I still need a company to work as, a computer to work on (currently I am working from my wife's computer) and a professional license for my development tool to be allowed to publish and sell the game.
I already have a band, Mniño, who is making the soundtrack. Also I am working together with a local print-shop who will see to my promotional material and Kickstarter rewards. Through a Steam Greenlight-project I am trying to publish this game. It will be launched as soon as this Kickstarter goes live.
For this project to reach its full potential and have it come out in a reasonable amount of time I will need your help!
Upon reaching our current goal of 16.000 EUR we will make this game with improved graphics but still these in 2D worlds.
If we reach our first stretch goal of 60.000 EUR we will make it a much more detailed game and add the option of personally taking over an Ant or Bee so you can walk around the nest and garden and see through the eyes of the insect.
If our second stretch goal of 80.000 EUR is met, the nests will be in 3D.
if our final stretch goal of 100.000 EUR is met, structural integrity will be added to the nests.
Risks and challenges
- Steam Greenlight didn't go through: there are alternative internet-stores to provide the game to you, which do not need a project greenlit.
- Programming obstacles: most of my family and close friends work in development. If all else fails, I have a small budget prepared for external coaching and help.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)