Server Tycoon is a Construction and Management Simulation (CMS) video game where players have to manage a data center and strive earning game coins offering internet services to their customers
But remember pirates and competitors will try to stop you with frequent cyber attacks so, improve your infrastructure, organise your defences and try to climb the top of the hitech finance!
- Desktop (Win/Mac/GNU Linux)
- Mobile (iOS/Android)
- Hardware and Software purchasing and management
- Cyber Attack and Defence system
- Network Management
- Disaster (flooding/cooling and power failures, network down, etc.)
- HVAC management (heat emission/anti fire/air conditioning)
- Business continuity systems
- Green computing
- Other features collected from backers' feedback
- Isometric Voxel Graphics (with camera orbit/pan/zoom)
- Augmented Reality (for Mobile only)
We give you all you need to start earning game coins with your virtual company:
- your company building in one random street of The Valley;
- one basic cluster (a powerful system made of smaller computers);
- an initial budget of coins you can spend buying new clusters;
- one employee capable of making your servers working.
The Server is the main actor of the game's scene. You can buy custom components to assemble a powerful machine capable to gain coins at high speed and resist cyber attacks in time
Service + Time = Coins
When you setup a server and turn it on it offers services on internet. This generates coins that are kept into the server itself until you move them into your Vault
If an attack succeed all the coins contained into a cluster could be stolen!
The Vault is a special computer aimed to host your coins and keep them safe from most common cyber attacks
Upgrade it to store even more coins and resist to newest attacks techniques
In this game, coins are not transfered from people (your customers) to service providers (you) through banking institutes. They are a Cryptocurrency that are generated directly into the clusters that offer a service
In other words coins are special files that can physically travel via internet, and that's the reason why cyber pirates want to attack you all the time...
The best defence is a good offense
As previously mentioned, pirates will pass their time attacking you, but as soon as they do it, something will remain on your cluster:
- the footprint (the network address) - if the stolen coins have been already moved in the attacking cluster you can try a rescue, or even just revenge... next time he will remember of you ;)
- the script used for the attack - use it to understand what was wrong with your defence script, why this is more efficient than yours and learn new defence techniques
- a temporary protection against further attacks coming from that address - your firewall will automatically blacklist attacking address for a short period, restore your cluster before this basic protection expires!
Attacks and defenses are both based on scripts made of few instructions you can learn in minutes, at the time of game's release a free tutorial will teach you the basics of this art. In the meantime, two starting scripts will be included in your firewall
After hiring the best staff from the Employment Agency, send them to IT Trainings to improve their skills and be able to reduce technical interventions
Old stuff matters!
Collecting vintage computers will increase your company capital helping you to set an higher initial price for the shares you are going to sell
Accumulate credits to unlock our weekly issues to receive tons of aesthetic MODs
Download for free the Tech Preview (Win, Mac, GNU/Linux) here
All the features proposed in the past campaign will be included, sooner or later, in Server Tycoon
Use our weekly MODs to make your server rooms unique!
Thank you for taking the time to check out our project. We truly appreciate it! If you'd like to get involved, any amount helps - head back up to the top of the page, and look for the big green 'Back This Project' button on the right-hand side.
Risks and challenges
Even if we are animated by a strong passion, until now we made video games just for our self. This is the first title we are making for the market and, even if we will give our best, something could go wrong. The only things we could promise are:
+ To send your physical rewards (T-Shirt, scale models, thanks on the website)
+ To constantly keep our backers informed about the status of the work (with pictures, posts on major social networks and videos) explaining all the phases, problems and successes.
+ To postpone possible problematics features of the video game in future releases, granting an initial basic version of the game within few months from the end of the crowdfunding campaign.
- (30 days)