FUNDED! Stretch goals, Twitch Saturday, and OPEN BETA WEEKEND!
WE'RE FUNDED! Thank you to everyone who contributed, whether you backed or just helped spread the word. THANK YOU!
We're not done yet, though! We've got some really exciting news for the weekend that you're all going to love, so keep reading.
First, stretch goals! Our first goal is three new cards per faction. We've been kicking around ideas at the office and we have some really exciting possibilities that we'd love to turn into reality. Only $5,000 for nine more cards and a whole lot more depth for War of Omens. Can we do it? What do you think would make a good card?
Second, we're going to be doing a whooooooole lotta Twitch streaming on Saturday! We're going to be featured on EatMyDiction's Twitch channel at 2:00pm PST, and then we'll be on the Indie Dev Supershow at 9:00pm PST. We'll be giving away beta keys, playing War of Omens, and chatting it up with you fine folks, so come hang out with us!
Third, and possibly the most exciting: OPEN BETA WEEKEND. We're going to open up beta access for everyone starting on Saturday, and let it run for the duration of the Kickstarter (until 9:00pm PST Sunday).
During this time you will not need a beta key to play, so invite your friends and have them check out the game! Some things to keep in mind:
- The only way to KEEP playing War of Omens after the Kickstarter is over is to back the Kickstarter and request a beta key. After the Kickstarter is over we'll be locking things down again and going back into development mode, so if you want a beta key, back us and ask before 9:00pm on Sunday!
- Beta keys for backer rewards fulfillment will go out sometime later.
- Progress will still be attached to your ID (Google, Facebook, or Steam); if you have an existing account, nothing will change. If you log in and start playing without a beta key, you'll still have progress later if you add a key.
- As we've previous said, this is a beta of an unfinished product. There will be bugs, crashes, glitches, etc. You guys have been giving us great feedback; keep it up!
Getting funded is really the beginning for us, not the end. We still have a little more than two days to go, so let's push War of Omens along! Tell your friends about the Open Beta Weekend!
- Jace (and the rest of Fifth Column Games)