Ethereal On The Move!
Help us bring great food to the world! We were the first small batch bean to bar company in Illinois and we're ready to take the next step!
With your help, we can turn this:
We want to take over and renovate an old, vacant 10,000 square foot building on the Woodstock Square to do more than we ever have before!
We've already proven our chops with recent mentions in Martha Stewart, Men's Journal and also a 5 Star Award from the International Chocolate Salon for being one of the best chocolatiers in America. It just shows we can do some pretty awesome things here in the Midwest.
Through Kickstarter, you'll have an opportunity to participate in this exciting project and get some really great rewards in the process.
Here are the deets on what we want to create with your help—
- Incubator Kitchen - rentable, dedicated commercial kitchen space for any food entrepreneur to create the next great craft food.
- Community Nights - Poetry nights, knitting nights, art gallery openings, movie screenings, local musicians, swing dancing, and a lot of other cool things! This will be a space to share passions for arts, crafts, music and literature.
- Speakeasy - An awesome 1920s throwback bar with period music and furniture (In a secret basement room. Don't worry, we'll give you the password if you back us.)
- New Cafe - Our cafe will change and expand. We'll have more food and we'll make more great connections with the community to bring in more farm to table ingredients!
- Event Room - Looking for a great space for your next party, business meeting or celebration? How about with some chocolate too? (hint hint)
- More Pairings, Flights & Secret Food Occasions - We'll have more room to host new events and we also have some special (secret) ideas up our sleeves.
- And More Chocolate! - We want to expand our chocolate production and get equipment to be able to sell to more places across the world!
We've grown a lot in the past 7 years but we have a lot more to do. Our business has brought a lot of creative passion to our community and to the partners we have all over the world. Help us take the next step!
We need your help to make this a reality!
We met 12 years ago and created a business plan over Christmas in 2010. Before long we had a small space next to the movie theater in Woodstock and before long we got swept away in a chocolate river! Kidding (or are we?)
Now, reincarnated as chocolate monsters, we look to conquer all non-chocolate territories wherever they may lie in space or time.
This is going to be an expensive project, for sure more than $30,000. We wanted to create a goal we could reach on Kickstarter to start since they only fund when you reach the stated milestone. We think we can go a lot further, so we then created "stretch" goals to help us accomplish all of the amazing things we have in mind.
We'll keep this updated as we go along!
Help us make a full chocolate bar! #chocolatelove #eternalchocolatelove #allyouneedischocolate
Risks and challenges
We've proven we can take daring new ideas and make them a reality, but as with any big project, we may run into construction issues that require more money than we think. It also may take a while for people to discover and make use of our new facilities. All of these may be challenges that prevent us from fully building out our vision.
Let's do this thing! Chocolate love for all!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (32 days)