About this project
Aaron Diaz is an independent cartoonist, creator of Dresden Codak and purveyor of fine graphic novelties.
What is Dresden Codak?
Dresden Codak is a lavishly illustrated creator-owned online comic series about science, mystery and ghosts that began in 2005.
The Tomorrow Girl: Dresden Codak Volume 1 is the long-awaited print collection of the first five years of Dresden Codak and includes brand-new art and content. It contains over 80 gigantic pages of comic goodness!
What’s in the book?
- HOB - Teenage girl versus the Future
- Advanced Dungeons & Discourse - The premiere philosophy roleplaying game
- Lantern Season - Living shadow theater
- 42 Essential 3rd Act Twists - As performed by the Ellis Island Community Players
- Caveman Science Fiction - Self-explanatory
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
What can you get?
The Tomorrow Girl, Silver Hardcover Edition
- Metallic ink on cover
- Fabric spine
- Illustrated color endpapers
- Woven from a dragon's hide
The Tomorrow Girl, Gold Edition Hardcover
- Fabric spine
- Gold stamped lettering/embossment on cover
- Textured paper cover
- Textured slipcase with gold stamped design
- Illustrated colored endpapers
- Forged from the dreams of a dying sun
- The Dresden Codak Primer - 52 pages of art, character bios, comic theory articles, as well as a 7-page opener to Dark Science, the current story arc in Dresden Codak.
- Mini Prints - 4x6" prints of fancy artworks!
- Department of Awareness Posters - 12x15" printed on high quality Epson Enhanced Matte Paper, featuring choice propaganda from Dark Science!
Kickstarter video work and effects by Harris Porter.
Risks and challenges
I'm making this book with the help of Make That Thing, a new subsidiary of TopatoCo – the place where you go to buy Dresden Codak merch, and which has been making and selling webcomics merchandise for the internet's finest talents since 2003. Make That Thing was conceived as a production and fulfillment agency for crowdfunded projects specifically, which means they help people like me (who live in apartments) print books (which come on pallets) and ship them to you guys (since I am no longer allowed within 100 yards of a mailbox). So you can be confident that if this project is funded, all the rewards will be sourced and produced quickly, be of the highest quality, and ship on time!
No, the pledge requirements for the stretch rewards don't include any additional shipping charges.
The book begins in the archives here (Oct. 21, 2005): http://dresdencodak.com/2005/10/21/de-los-muertos/
And ends here (May 5th, 2010):
Essentially it's everything in the Dresden Codak archives up to Dark Science, excluding the first six strips. I wasn't able to include those because I was a reckless fool back then and drew them at web resolution. The shame!
In any case, it's over 80 pages of comics!
Pledge now! You're not actually charged until after the very end of the Kickstarter, on March 27th.
Yes! There are two dual-book rewards (the Bookmage-King and the Empirimancer). If you're looking for some other reward combination, the best thing to do is create an additional Kickstarter account with the same Amazon payment info. Then you just make another pledge to get your additional reward!
Support this project
- (30 days)