About this project
Cam and Mr. Combover have 30,000 bees on their roof. They want to write a survival guide for urban beekeeping. They want to raise $2000 so they can hire an illustrator (from Craigslist most likely) to make the book totally amazing.
They'll publish through Blurb.com so all funds raised will go directly to the illustrator to create original images for the book. Cam and Mr. Combover will self-fund all other aspects of the project.
A sample of chapter titles includes:
- Why Beekeepers shouldn't eat bananas
- I like these odds (Why it is good to be a guy in the hive)
- Why smoking is good for you
- Good guys don't always wear white - but beekeepers should.
Our vision for the illustrations is to go non-traditional so the book will be less about diagrams and how-to, and more about creating an original vision of Cam and Mr. Combover's beekeeping world.
Check out www.beesomebody.wordpress.com for more details, more videos, more pictures, and more honey.
Among the potential rewards for supporting the project:
- 1 oz. vial of honey
- Mr. Combover t-shirt
- Signed copy of the book
- Original hand-screen printed, hand-cut postcard THANK YOU
- Original drawings from the book
Support this project
- (30 days)