For those of you who don't know, Racing The Rock is going to air at Flyin' Miata's Summer Camp next month. Tracy and I are putting the final tweaks on the film so it'll be ready for viewing in Grand Junction. The stickers and posters are printed, and the DVDs will be ready in time for Summer Camp.
If you haven't filled out the email I sent requesting your mailing address, please do so. Alternatively, if you plan to be at Summer Camp and would like to pick up your stuff there, please let me know and I will be sure to bring it with me.
If you aren't going to be at summer camp, or don't want to pick up your rewards there, they will be mailed with the following time frame:
- Stickers will be mailed out within the next week for those people who are ONLY getting stickers.
- All other reward levels will start shipping as soon as we return from Summer Camp. We won't have the DVDs in time to mail them before hand.
Once again, I'm sorry for the long delays on this project. It's been a very busy and expensive year for my wife and I, and this project has stalled a few times when we didn't have the time or the budget to keep it moving. Finally, the finish line is in site. I hope you'll all be pleased with the results.
I've been quiet for a while, but it's only because we're very busy finishing up the Targa show. We do have some exciting developments to share with you all, though:
1. The website is live! It's still a work in progress, and probably will be until after the film is done. The documentary is priority #1, after all. But there's some content up there, and I put up a news feed so I can post regular updates, with RSS! Check it out now: www.racingtherock.com
2. The poster is complete and it is with the printer now. I should see a proof by tomorrow, and if everything is right, posters should be printed sometime next week. You can see the final design on the website.
3. We've been making good progress on the vinyl stickers, and Keith has even been kind enough to test the designs on his car! We're still finalizing a few details, but we should be able to start production on these soon too. As with the poster, you can see more by checking out the website.
I will continue to post major updates here, but racingtherock.com will be the place to go for regular news.
After lots of polling and collaborating with kickstarter donors, FM's facebook friends, and our own personal sounding boards, we've selected at title for the film:
Racing the Rock: Six Days at Targa Newfoundland
I am also now the proud owner of www.racingtherock.com, though at present there's nothing up! I'm traveling for work for the next eight days, but I'll try to get the website up shortly after my return!