The fumeFan is a fume extractor that absorbs soldering fumes in the air by passing them through a carbon activated filter.
Simply put the fumeFan in front of the PCB that you are working with and adjust the airflow to your preference.
It has features such as:
- Absorbs fumes from the soldering process, removing bad smell and retaining the solid particles in the filter
- LED light - helps you see better
- Variable fan speed from 0% to 100% - it's not noisy or annoying when you don't need full suction power
- 12V DC or USB powered (depends on the model) - makes it safe and easy to carry around; use it everywhere
- Helping hands - holds your PCB with up to 4 flexible croc clips arms; quick and easy PCB height/angle adjustment as well as seamless rotation
- Magnifier on a flexible arm for the tiny components and labels on the PCBs
- Magnet on a flexible arm to hold your tools or components handy
You solder quite often. No more discomfort!
Do you sometimes get annoyed by the fumes getting in your face or straight in the nose? Feel dizzy or a slight headache? Then you are a true engineer. With the fumeFan your soldering will become a real pleasure. No more bad smell and no more irritated eyes - this is in the past! All the fumes go through the carbon activated filter and never in your face.
Always short on light?
You don't need to worry because you have light right on the spot! Powerful, warm, yellow, wide angle LEDs will improve your visibility and make soldering in a low-light place a blaze.
The fumeFan comes into four different models all available as kits.
Lite - USB powered, ON/OFF switch, 50mm filter size
Medi - 12V DC, Variable Speed, LEDs, 80mm filter size
Max - 12V DC, Variable Speed, LEDs, 120mm filter size
Max PRO - 12V DC, Variable Speed, LEDs, 120mm filter size, flexible helping hands with four clips, magnifier and a magnetic tool holder
All you need to assemble the kits is a soldering iron and a small Phillips screw driver. Easy step by step instructions will quickly guide you. Assembly time will take you about 20 minutes. The assembly process is fun and instructive for the hobbyists and makers of any age.
- Medi, Max, Max PRO*
* Max PRO also includes the flexible helping hands tool with four croc clips, magnifier and a magnet
Imagine how you can use your fumeFan
- With the fumeFan Lite you receive a standard tripod mount adapter
- The adaptor improves the fume suction over a larger distance away from the PCB
- You can use your tripod to position the fume extractor above the PCB for best results
So you wonder how powerful the fumeFan is?
The fumeFan models differ mainly by the size and the air flow power - the bigger the better.
- The fumeFan Lite model runs at 5 V DC so you can even power it up from your laptop or a standard gadget charger with a USB. It's perfect for that job.
- The other models run at 12VDC and have variable speed control as well as LED light. These models come with the banana plugs cable so you can connect it to most of the power supplies out there. If you don't already have one at your bench, then use an AC-DC adapter for the job.
Here are the tech specs:
From us to you!
Why we need your support
We have worked hard to get to where we are now. We are in contact with leading manufacturers and materials suppliers, but in order to bring the cost down, we need to order in bulk. This is where you can help us achieve our mission and make everyone happy!
- August 2013: Idea inception- first cardboard models were made, PCB with speed control and light source
- September / October: Alpha testing – Redesign of PCB to reduce costs, improve efficiency and add features
- November / December: Built and tested the production prototype, finalized the plan and process for a full-scale manufacturing
- April / May: KICKSTARTER campaign
- May / June:Engage supply chain partners, acquire tooling for production, raw materials and components. Order packaging material.
- June / July: Finalise compliance testing and certification
- July: Full production starts
- August: Shipping rewards to backers starts!
- September: fumeFan is available for purchase on-line
Risks and challenges
We want to move forward without any nasty surprises just as much as you do. Whilst there are always risks involved with delivering something new to market, we’ll be doing everything we can to minimise these uncertainties.
We've tested working samples, invested in prototype tooling, sourced great manufacturing partners, arranged thorough quality control processes and engaged our logistics providers – all to help this project go as smoothly as possible.
We’re sure there’ll be surprises along the way but we’re ready for the challenge. In the event that any challenges alter the progress of the project, we will let our backers know.
Thanks for helping us towards our goal.
Love you!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (36 days)