Why do I need it?
Public charging stations can be a lifesaver when it comes to giving your smartphone or tablet the battery boost it needs, but did you know that public charging stations may also be gathering information from your phone or even installing malicious programs or files onto it?
This threat has also been covered by
What is Pure.Charger?
Pure.Charger is a USB flash drive-sized protection device for your mobile device data.
It secures you when charging in public USB charging spot or on someone else’s computer.
You can call it an ultimate tool to keep your gadgets safe when charging at an airport or at other public charging stations.
And it is a smart device that looks nice and sleek.
Pure.Charger is packed with technology! Check it out:
Wait, there's memory in it?
Yes. We are planning to create three versions of Pure.Charger:
- Pure.Charger - basic version with all functionality
- Pure.Charger Pro - with 16 GB of built-in flash memory
- Pure.Charger Executive - with 32 GB of built-in flash memory
Choose one that fits your needs!
How do I use it?
Using the device is simple.
Just plug it between any USB port and your phone’s cable and it will do the rest. It automatically blocks all data attempts. As we have said, you can always enable it back until next time you need to charge.
In the video below, our team will show you how it works
Will there be an app?
Indeed. We want our backers not only safely charge, but also be rewarded for taking care of their own security.
Your charger stores the parameters of the USB port it is plugged in, and then syncs with the phone app via Bluetooth.
In the app you can track the history of your charging, see which stations tried to “talk” to your phone (take some of your data) and share this knowledge with the world to make it a safer place!
You also earn points while charging safely and you can spend them in our store.
And last, but not least, you can also see nearby safe and unsafe charging spots!
So why don’t I just buy the cable without data wires?
You can do this, but that means that you would have to buy cables for each of your devices, and then carry both data and no-data cables with you. And if you have iPhone and an Android tablet – you need two sets of these cables! Just keep Pure.Charger in your pocket and you can always be sure that none of your photos leak away.
Okay, got it. So where should I use it?
To ensure your phone is safe, use it whenever you are charging outside of your comfort zone.
1) The airport/train station: Imagine you’re on a trip abroad. You use phone for navigation, call the hotel or listen to music on the way – your battery will lose power really fast. Oh, no! it is on 1% now! What can you do? Luckily, you’ve found a USB port in a wall with sign “CHARGE YOUR PHONE HERE!” But, wait – is it really safe? No need to worry if you have Pure.Charger.
2) Someone else’s computer: Ever been at a business meeting that ran on for a bit too long? We all know the feeling Or maybe you were at a coffee shop, and asked a random guy to let you plug into his laptop? In either situation you don’t really know the other person’s computer, what’s in it and what would it do if you connect to it. Pure.Charger will make sure that all you take from him is power.
3) Planes and trains: Transportation these days is packed with media and tech. Gone are the times when all you had for company was a book and the view from the window. When you are plugged into a USB port and using your phone or tablet, your screen is unlocked, which means your phone is basically naked for the world and can have your some vacation photos or bank details stolen from it. Don’t give them any chance to steal it.
For travel, business meetings and in public places where you might want to charge your phone, Pure.Charger has got your back.
Isn’t this just glorified market research?
Touché! The answer is yes, of course the opinions of the community will be helpful to us from a market research point of view, but the idea for using Kickstarter goes beyond this. We genuinely want people to be involved in the project and to be a part of the creative process, so that your ideas will help to enhance and improve Pure.Charger. And, if this collaboration is successful, we’ll definitely engage with the community once again on other cool projects like this.
We are here at Kickstarter to raise the funds required to start the mass production of the Pure.Charger, which currently exists in the form of a working engineering sample with a simple mobile app that effects its core functionality. It is up to the Kickstarter audience to suggest which additional features of the mobile app you would like to have in your very own device. Also, we're asking you about your opinion regarding the Pure.Charger Pro and Pure.Charger Executive, which will offer 16 and 32 gigabytes of flash memory to store user's files in addition to being a charge-sanitizing and reward points generation tool.
History in the making
What you see in the prototype is the result of a hard trial and error work we’ve been doing for the nine months prior to launching this campaign. We plan to continue improving the design along with the functionality of the device. Now it’s your turn to make a contribution to the device development!
Once the funds for mass production have been raised, we plan to deliver the first Pure.Chargers in November. We plan to start delivering Pure.Charger Pro and Pure.Charger Executive two months later.
Who we are
Thank you for the support!
We genuinely believe that Pure.Charger is a device for now as well as one for the future. If you have ideas about future functionality that harnesses the potential of the touch-sensitive screen and mobile app – share them with us!
Risks and challenges
We have the prototype that is ready for manufacturing at a factory in ShenZhen, China, and the expected delivery date already includes the time required for manufacturing and delivery. However, unexpected delays may occur, as always.
We also have a test version of the mobile app which implements the key features we envisioned while creating this product. The challenge here for us is that you may request too many additional features which we will not be able to deliver all in the first version of the product and the first version of the mobile app which we will be publishing in Google Play and App Store in time for product delivery. But since the device allows for easy firmware upgrades, we will be able to add them incrementally, along with updating the app in Apple Store and Google Play.
Please don't forget to read the Terms and Conditions on our landing page - https://www.purecharger.com/#terms.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)