The Tabernacle Explorer 3D is the special, one of a kind Windows software to assist with the study of The Biblical Tabernacle. The software will be distributed freely.
1) Precise and extremely detailed 3D model of the Tabernacle.
2) Real-time shadow calculations based on the Sun position, so that you can study the Courtyard.
3) Interactive Pillar of Smoke and Pillar of Fire that covered The Tabernacle
4) Interactive Entrance Curtains (i.e Curtains of the Gate of the Courtyard, Entrance and Inner Curtains of the Tabernacle.) This is to showcase how they worked.
5)Couple of other nice little things ;)
6) Stereoscopic 3D modes, so that you can study The Tabernacle in real 3D.
Software is currently at version 0.71. So yes, it is 71% complete :)
Software is developed in Blender (www.blender.org)
I need financial help finishing this software. I've calculated my budget at $800 / month for 20 months for full-time development. Expected date of completion April 1, 2015.
Total budget needed is $28000. This will cover development, distribution and Kickstarter fees/expenses, misc expenses and taxes.
Any extra funds collected will go towards developing even more features.
Things that will be done:
1) Software will be updated to support more hardware/software configurations. Performance tweaks. Full game engine update.
2) Models in the software will be updated to the most precise ones.
3) Miscellaneous improvements, such as HUD with description of the Tabernacle parts, additional features to control the shadows, e.t.c.
For current status of the development or to download the current version please visit software web site here:
Risks and challenges
I don't expect any problems and expect to finish the software well before deadline. However, the final version may slightly differ from what is shown in the current video. Some features may not be implemented.
Also, since this is a one-man project, I can't guarantee that the software will work on absolutely all Windows PCs. However, I will do my best to test the software at as many configurations as possible.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)