What makes Boost™ different
No matter your age, if you can relate to any of these issues, then YOU need Boost™ !
1. Everything you try on is either too tight on top and loose on the bottom, or vice versa. In a word, nothing seems to fit your proportions.
2. You can't find cute everyday lingerie or loungewear in your chest size and you're done sleeping in an underwire or sports bra.
3. You use to be small chested but because of life's curveballs, you've sized up on top OR the Laws of Gravity have seemingly taken hold and you're in need of a Boost™!
It is often said that "Necessity is the mother of invention." Boost™ was innovated out of necessity -- after living a young life of being trim but large busted and not finding suitable lingerie.
The lingerie marketplace has two answers for the large busted woman: show off your assets with something plunging, revealing and unsupportive or buy two sizes of a given two-piece garment and toss the larger, lower piece. Both solutions are flawed. Those who want modesty, comfort and support with a less busty appearance, sometimes find workarounds but often that means bandaging yourself with a sports bra or two OR sleeping in an underwire bra.
The bigger issue for us is when we are home relaxing, unwinding or sleeping. It's uncomfortable to sleep in a bra of any kind. For large busted women we need support at night; for the long-term, its healthier for delicate breast tissue to not flop or drift. Again the marketplace's answer for the large busted girl/woman is inadequate: the bandaged and compressed look/feel of a sports bra (in some cases, even doubling the bra!) or the simply uncomfortable alternative of an underwire bra.
Cami is 1/2" longer, elongates body lines (model is 32G)
BOOSTwear™ was created to give comfort, support and a lift to a much underserved segment of the market. BOOSTwear™ is not a bra but has been technically engineered to provide the comforting, caressing support without the binding, bandaging and compression of a sports bra. It is the one garment to take you from the bedroom to any where in your home providing support and comfort while you sleep and the option to give yourself a BOOSTing lift, all the while cutting a sexy and flattering silhouette.
• Manufactured of an ultra soft blend of Modal™ and Spandex™
• Satiny, soft straps that are front adjusting, leading to less straining and reach-around calisthenics.
• Strap width increases with garment size to support heavier breasts without straps digging into your shoulders.
• Engineered design that avoids the look of a "uniboob"; higher cut arm holes reign in side "spillage"
The cornerstone of the engineering and manufacturing process has been drawing upon experienced craftsmen and seamstresses based in the USA. BOOSTwear™ is not a garment that is 34% or 61% made in the USA by components. BOOSTwear™ is 100% USA made, which ensures quality control at every stage.
Nightie with "A" line design (model is 32DD)
Boost is designed to fit a range of sizes, 30C-36G, so don't worry if you don't find your exact size. If you're beyond a DDD then order the next band size but if you're still not sure, we're here to help, email email@example.com. We're currently working on XXL, which won't be ready until after the first production run.
Production Time Line
Thank you for taking the time to learn about our exciting project. We very much appreciate your participation. We have so many other ideas in the works and can't wait to preview them to you. In you have any questions during the campaign please leave a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Risks and challenges
My biggest challenge, to date, has been largely overcome. I have spent four years engineering a technical garment that has attributes of a bra, nightgown and your favorite well-washed oversized t-shirt. I've spent inordinate time and R&D money parsing the manufacturing and sizing to know what garment size correlates to what bra size.
I've verified proof-of-concept because I ran a trunk show and sold more than 50 garments at higher, pre-development prices and could have sold 100 more had my invitee list been larger. At least half of my first-time buyers already want to order a second garment.
The challenge now is to roll out a full production run, fill out the color palette and leave myself with enough of a budget for more designs and marketing muscle.
The risk of not raising the funds is obvious but hopefully not an obstacle. In the last few months of Instagram posting and blogging, I have had many women write to me thanking me for bringing this solution to market: "Where have you been all these years" or "You are speaking to me!" is the tenor of their voices. And so this risk is not only one I must shoulder but one I hope will be minimized but clientele who are presently underserved.
• My design team is located in Baltimore, MD and the first production run will be made with all hands on deck. If I receive an order of more than 150 pieces, we have a bigger U.S manufacturer at the ready.
• Delivery is estimated at 6 weeks from the time the order is placed and we will keep you informed throughout the entire process.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)