THANKS for pushing us over the finish bar! (And now what?)
A massive THANK YOU to all 135 of the backers who-- together-- pushed us over the finish bar for our fundraiser today... 39 hours before our deadline!
I just want to let you know the following:
- Gareth is now set to start writing the book!
- The "over-age" that we have above our target-- and there may yet be more-- will be put to very good use. Under a written agreement that Gareth and I signed before we started this, we agreed that any amount we raise that goes over the goal will be used in the promotion and marketing campaign for 'Manufactured Crisis'. As I well know, a strong marketing campaign is key to getting out the message of an important book. So additional contributions here will play a huge role in strengthening the over-all impact of this publishing project.
- Gareth and I are much looking forward to delivering all the Rewards that contributors here have earned, and to meeting many of you in the process.
- People who contribute now and for the next 39 hours can still get the Rewards. Don't be shy about donating at any of those different levels!
- As soon as the campaign closes-- early Wednesday morning New York time-- I'll be in touch with all contributors to get the info we need to deliver the Rewards. (And I guess at that point too, Kickstarter's payments system will start collecting on your pledges... )
I feel deeply honored to be able to work with Gareth-- and with all of you-- on this project. Thank you for the confidence that your support expresses. Thank you for seeing the importance of this project and for helping to make it happen. We'll be in touch again very soon!