A family-friendly economic video game, similar to SimCity or Civilization, combining Settlers of Catan board and historic M.U.L.E. game Read more
Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator on July 27, 2012.
Alpha Colony moving forward
We are renewing our commitment to making Alpha Colony: A Tribute to M.U.L.E. a reality. We are reviewing our past lessons learned from http://www.alphacolony.com/20_ways_to_screw_your_kickstarter/ and are taking the following actions for our next Kickstarter:
- We have reduced the scope of our project and are relaunching in early August for a Kickstarter goal of $175,000.
- We are reaching out to the media, fans, and our social networks in advance of launch to get a strong start.
- We are incorporating the survey results from 287 of you into our next Kickstarter launch.
- We are approaching some industry vets for feedback on our game design in the hopes of at least 1 VIP testimonial.
- We have now have some of the original team that worked on M.U.L.E. working with us! (official announcement soon!)
- I will officially start posting bi-weekly updates to our AlphaColony.com web site as well as the past Kickstarter group.
- I will be personally monitoring our Twitter account at @AlphaColonyGame and posting daily updates.
- We have an extensive media plan and launch timeline prepared in advance so we can have the strongest launch possible.
- We have started work on a game play prototype so that players can get a feel for how much fun Alpha Colony will be!
- Work with and cross promote with other past, current and ‘Kicking-it-Forward’ Kickstarter campaigns.