Alpha Colony moving forward
We are renewing our commitment to making Alpha Colony: A Tribute to M.U.L.E. a reality. We are reviewing our past lessons learned from http://www.alphacolony.com/20_ways_to_screw_your_kickstarter/ and are taking the following actions for our next Kickstarter:
- We have reduced the scope of our project and are relaunching in early August for a Kickstarter goal of $175,000.
- We are reaching out to the media, fans, and our social networks in advance of launch to get a strong start.
- We are incorporating the survey results from 287 of you into our next Kickstarter launch.
- We are approaching some industry vets for feedback on our game design in the hopes of at least 1 VIP testimonial.
- We have now have some of the original team that worked on M.U.L.E. working with us! (official announcement soon!)
- I will officially start posting bi-weekly updates to our AlphaColony.com web site as well as the past Kickstarter group.
- I will be personally monitoring our Twitter account at @AlphaColonyGame and posting daily updates.
- We have an extensive media plan and launch timeline prepared in advance so we can have the strongest launch possible.
- We have started work on a game play prototype so that players can get a feel for how much fun Alpha Colony will be!
- Work with and cross promote with other past, current and ‘Kicking-it-Forward’ Kickstarter campaigns.