The first and only pet carrier with the patented Direct Reach no-escape pet access feature – Hatch is changing the way pets travel! The Hatch pet carrier lets you quickly and comfortably access the interior of the bag without having to unzip anything! Now you can comfort your pet in any setting.
The Hatch Pet Carrier is unlike any carrier on the market today. In addition to its Direct Reach hatch, its water resistant, military grade ballistic nylon (Cordura® 1680d) exterior provides rain and wind protection, as well as unsurpassed scuff and tear resistance. Durable, claw-resistant mesh covers most of three sides, creating breathability and two-way visibility, while still providing your pet with a feeling of privacy and security. The elegant Hatch Pet Carrier can be carried by hand or over your shoulder, buckled safely into your car seat, or secured onto your roll-aboard luggage at the airport. Our stylish carry-on airline-approved pet carrier meets the requirements of most major airlines.
Your cat in a carrier ---> Your cat in a Hatch!
- Patented Direct Reach hatch (see below for additional details)
- Custom molded EVA base
- Custom padded shoulder strap
- Interior Luxury Pet Bed is removable and machine washable
- Entire front panel and both ends open for easy pet loading
- Large zipper pockets on both sides
- Ballistic 1680d Cordura® nylon exterior
- Large open air mesh windows on side and ends for excellent ventilation
- Seat belt straps for safe car rides
- Roll-aboard luggage handle strap
- Packs flat for easy packing and storage
- Dimensions: 13” high, 19” long, 11” wide
- Top can be compressed down to 11″ high when needed
- Suggested maximum pet weight: 13-15 lbs.
Hatch Luxury Pet Bed
Jon had a great idea and patented it, but needed help bringing it to market. Anjali loved Jon’s idea, and had worked on several product launches. Kismet? Together we make a great team!
Jon has a soft heart and a true love of animals. In fact, he's an active animal rescuer who has placed many dogs and cats into loving homes. Jon lives with his dog Lily and two cat brothers, William and David.
Anjali has two cats she loves as if they were her children, a husband (her Rock!), and two beautiful nieces. She enjoys tackling business challenges and working on product launches that promise innovation and positive impacts on human or animal lives.
Design by Jed Crystal
To bring our vision to life, we partnered with award-winning industrial designer, Jed Crystal. Jed's experience designing high quality travel bags, outdoor gear, *and* pet products made him a perfect match for our team. So together, we focused on creating a beautiful, modern, and high quality product. We think the result speaks for itself!
Jed is a veteran of Mophie, Samsonite, and Case Logic and has his own pet product line, Hepper. The Hatch Pet Carrier will also be available at www.hepper.com after a successfully funded Kickstarter campaign.
Key Contributors, in alphabetical order (we couldn't have come so far without you!)
- Brittany Ann Cool, Food and Product Photographer (Hatch model)
- Tamar Arslanian (pet consultant)
- Rob Detzner, Mechanical Engineer, G-10 Engineering (portal system design)
- Mark Harnett (website analytics and ad targeting wizard)
- Nina Liu (graphic design)
- Michael James Murray, Freelance Cinematographer | Editor (Hatch video production and editing)
- Albert Nguyen (illustrator and Hatch cartoon creator)
- Matt Renna, Queen City Dry Goods (product prototype development)
- Justin Reynolds, Oroide Consulting (website design)
In the Press
Risks and challenges
We don't anticipate many risks or challenges to this project, since the prototype has already been created and we have a well-established relationship with a reliable manufacturer that’s ready to begin production. However, we know that developing and delivering a product is a complicated process that always runs the risk of encountering unexpected issues and delays (CNN Money reported that 84% of Kickstarter's top projects shipped late!). So we have set what we consider to be very conservative delivery dates and are confident we’ll hit them.
We’ll be providing our backers with frequent updates, so there won’t be any surprises!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)