Over 70 adventures in one interactive picture book - "A dragon lands right beside you. Yikes! Do you run like crazy? or hop on?"
We've added a referral bonus for recommending us to any new backers. Check it out on facebook!
Just Another Monday
A DoU Adventure
That pesky dragon keeps popping up.
Is he friend or foe?
Yikes! Do you run like crazy?. . . or hop on?
Why is he eating your camera?
And where is a skateboard when you need one?
In a DoU Adventure, your child is the hero, making choices on every page that lead through over 75 possible pathways, out of the frying pan into the fire, until they get back home safely. Whew! Each choice has an icon that matches a tab. Kids use the tabs to navigate their customized adventures.
Imagine the series possibilities--Just another Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, etc., plus Just Another Birthday, Christmas, Vacation, Trip to the Dentist, and so on.
Just Another Tuesday will be next (here's a preview) . . .
You open your lunch and take out the juicebox. Over there! You whip around and see a tentacle slithering out of the room.
Holy frijoles! Do you . . . follow it? or mind your own business?
Who follows strange tentacles? You turn back around and – plop! A puddle of slime lands right in the middle of you peanut butter sandwich.
Yuck! Do you . . . poke it? or take the whole mess to the trashcan?
Not Sealed With A Kiss.
Not String With A Knot.
Not Stuff We All Keep.
It’s Sit With A Kid! — our brand new children’s book publishing company. Publishing is changing, but the thrill of cuddling up together, turning pages and taking off on an adventure will never go away. Sit with a kid. Read books together. You’ll laugh. You’ll cry. You’ll get smarter and smarter. Nothing but good can come of it. Read good books, great books, green books, wacky books . . . our books!
What’s the money for?
The tabs make Just Another Monday a specialty print job — even more expensive than usual. And once we get the book rolling, we really want Just Another Monday to be an app. No tabs necessary -- the icons would take you to the appropriate page -- and there would be lots of action and sound effects. Imagine a dragon crunching down a camera, for instance. We will need money to hire an app developer for that.
Here is a little more explanation on some of the rewards:
- The activity book has mazes, word scrambles, picture matching, coloring pages, etc. that have to do with our book.
- The 8.5" x 11" dragon prints are full color and you get the choice of one of the dragon images - the cover dragon, the dragon taking off, peeking from behind the carnival tent, on the beach, eating your camera, or in a karate stance. We will sign these upon request as well.
- A dragon attack pack consists of poptarts for feeding hungry monsters, a handpicked large skipping rock for all your adventuring needs, a disposable camera for proof, and various other useful dragon fighting/escaping supplies.
- Agate (a beautiful book about a moose with low self-esteem) was written by Joy Dey and illustrated by Nikki Johnson. It has won several awards (including the IPPY for best children's book) as you can see at http://www.joymorgandey.com/author.html. "Be glad they're them and you are you, each a gem in life's marvelous zoo."
- The cruises sail around the harbor in Duluth, MN (you would meet us at the dock) and out into Lake Superior. Here's a link to the website: http://vistafleet.com/. Some include dinner, but if not, we will provide snacks. We look forward to getting to know you!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
We will be enormously grateful for anything you can contribute to help us reach our goal. Contributor levels and rewards are listed at the right. If you would like to customize your reward package, please just contact us.
We welcome your comments, feedback, suggestions.
Excellent question. Short answer: printing.
We currently have a high-quality printer with a higher quote, so we are planning to match the kickstarter funds with money from our own pockets. As a result of seeing us on kickstarter, another printer sent us a quote. The lower quote would allow us to create an app and/or have more marketing funds. We are currently in communication with both. Fingers-crossed!
We'd love to hear from you. We are very willing to discuss any changes to rewards.