Designed by Pascal Bernard and Patrick Receveur, two wonderful game designers and world war two (WWII) fanatics, this 2 players game is served by a simple but dynamic mechanic for 30 to 45 minutes of frantic games.
Obviously, the main theme is the Normandie historical battles but the famous Heroes of Normandie hollywood varnish has been meticulously brushed on every aspects of the game.
The most important part of the game is the order in which you activate your units. Some of them, especially Headquarters, can assign to other units GO! tokens to activate them. So, think twice before rushing with your Panther, maybe it would be wiser to use your HQ instead…
Last Stretch Goals :
Operation Overlord : The pledge level for people who wants to be sure to have everything concerning “Heroes of Normandie - The Tactical Card Game”! More informations here
The Heroes of Normandie tactical card game describes the main battles of this epic operation. Each battle was adapted into a scenario based on historical events for an accurate level design and a great challenge.
Once you’ve chosen the scenario, just set up the battle map, sort the cards you need, deploy your troops and be ready to fight.
The whole game is played with cards. Some are deployed at the beginning of the game. The other cards represent your deck. Here’s 4 types of cards.
- Headquarters : They’re the most important component of your deck. They activate units and boost them if well placed. By using them smartly, you will be able to make combinations in order to optimize your turn.
- Units : The troops you’re leading. From regular infantry to heavy tanks, each unit has its own statistics and special abilities. Chose the proper one to storm a village, or to support your spear point.
- Events : Once an Event card in your hand, you can prepare a nasty surprise for your opponent! Special actions or dirty tricks are there to rumble the battlefield. Some are historical events, specific to scenarios, to build an accurate background and to bring a historical dimension.
- Heroes : Of course Heroes! You can place them on unit cards to upgrade their combat efficiency. Each heroes is different and be sure you know them already if you’re an HoN fan.
Unit cards presentation:
- Name and Insignia : on the cards show you what kind of unit the card is displaying.
- Activation value : When activated with a Go! token, the unit rolls a dice, and needs a result equal or higher than the value present on the star. If this value is « A », that means the activation is automatic. When activated, the unit can move one space and make all of its attacks.
- Attack : Most of the units have a one space range attack. But some, such as artillery units, can attack units located further. Roll two dices and try to score equal or higher than the attack value. Some attacks also have specific shooting effects, such as « perforating », « double shot »…
- Life points : If the attack is a success, the unit receives a HIT token. if the number of HIT tokens matches the amount of Life points symbols, the unit is discarded.
- Special abilities : Headquarters and some units have special abilities to activate other units, to cancel the opponent’s save, to roll opportunity, to cross rivers…
- Unit types : This symbol shows what kind of unit it is. Infantry, Mechanized, Artillery, Paratroopers, Tanks or Headquarters. A unit can have more than one type, such as the Mechanized infantries, or the Paratrooper artilleries.
Depending on the scenario, you will have from 3 to 5 Orders. When it’s your turn, place them on your command board to select the actions you want to perform. These actions are:
- Activate one unit to make it move and/or fight. This unit doesn’t need to roll for activation. Precision : A unit cannot be activated more than 1 time per turn.
- Take up to 3 COMMAND tokens from the reserve, and place them on your command board. You cannot have more than 6 of them.
- Draw the 3 first cards from your deck, deploy up to 3 units from your hand on the battle field.
- Swap 2 units. Choose 2 adjacent units and swap their position. One of them can attack.
- Discard up to 2 SUPPRESSED tokens
Directives are very important. They allow a unit to make an additional movement (forced march), they give bonus to dice rolls, they automatically activate a unit or they transform a regular shot into a perforating shot. A Directive token represents the motivation, the courage or the intuition of a unit influenced by a leader (you!).
Spend a Directive token to:
- Move a unit to an additional space.
- Force an activation if the activation roll failed.
- Get a +1 bonus after rolling the attack dice.
- Add perforating shot to a unit regular shot in order to damage armored vehicles.
- Get a +1 bonus after rolling the save dice.
To purchase an optional buy, simply click on the Manage my pledge button in the top right hand corner of the Kickstarter page. On the next page, there will be a bar with your pledge total. Add the amount of the optional buy(s) to that sum and hit confirm near the bottom of the page.
Please note there is no additional shipping cost for optional buys, you can add as many optional buys as you want, with no more shipping cost.
Since the beginning of this campaign, many of you asked to have access to Heroes of Normandie the Board Game products, here it is. More information here
As the allied armies rush towards the heart of the Reich, the stretch goals get unlocked one after one. Uncle Piggy needs you to push forward!
Undead Viking - Review - English
Lets Boardgame - Lets play - English
Lets Boardgame - Rules and Lets play - German
Escapando del Espacio Reticulado - Review - Spanish
Vortex Zone - Review - French
If you want more than one pledge (either to make a great present or to lower the shipping cost by grouping you with your friends), note that you can add as many Operation Albanie pledge (30€) or Operation Neptune pledge (45€) as you want with no additional shipping cost!
And of course all of them come each with all the applicable stretch-goals!
Zone 2: Austria, Belgium, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherland, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland and United Kingdom
Zone 3: Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Turkey
Zone 4: Other European Countries, French DOM, Israel, Japan, HongKong, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Taiwan, Vietnam, India, Russia
* Rest of the world, excluding Nouvelle Calédonie, Polynésie Française, Iles Wallis et Futuna, Terres Australes, Antarctiques Françaises contact us for pricing for this destinations.
Shipping fees will be charged after the Kickstarter campaign during the pledge manager. However, prices will be exactly the same than in the chart below.
Be aware that all pledges that are confirmed after the pledge manager deadline will be shipped from our main hub at a later date, that will likely incur increased shipping costs. We regret to inform you that we are unable to ship to PO Boxes.
Pascal Bernard : Between this dude and the Devil Pigs it’s a long story. Since his game « Space Pigs », you can figure out that we’re sticking our snout on his footsteps…
Patrick Receveur : Ha no, we didn’t know him before the other dude introduced us. The only think we know about tis nice guy from Lyon is that he loves wargames and eating some Jesus (you can’t get this one ;)!
Alex Bonvalot : Should we present you Alexandre « Genius » Bonvalot? Since Jamie inflated his head with helium gaz, he doesn’t touch the ground anymore, but keeps on sending us his drawings from the stratosphere.
Sylvain Aublin : From « Hey Sylvain, we’re gonna make a 3D map with bloody great visual effects that even Avatar couldn’t pay for them » to « listen, a simple but elegant drawing, clean line, you’ll see, it’s going to rock! », Sylvain didn’t lose his good mood neither his awesome talent.
Sandy Luceau : If some day, you meet in a train a German dad, sobbing in the arms of his two daughters, he will maybe tell you his meeting with Sandy, our mom, Sandy, the sweetest lady on earth. If you have any questions, she will be more than happy to answer them.
Risks and challenges
This is our fifth Kickstarter campaign. Talking about the last Kickstarter, production is nearly finished, and will be shipped on time.
For this Kickstarter campaign, the core box content is almost finalized, and will be ready to be printed before the end of this campaign - all stretch goals and addons are well advanced.
This Kickstarter will be awesome!
ZERO RISK DOES NOT EXIST. BUT IT’S STILL A LOT SIMPLER WITH CARDS.
Cards being the main component of this game, this project has a lower level of risk than our previous projects.
That being said, apart from making sure that the game is properly prepared, and choosing our partners wisely (printers, logistics, etc.), we could still have issues with heavy meteor impact, zombies invasion and other holy armageddons…. This may cause some delay in the delivery date, but rest assured that if this were to happen, we will keep you informed about the situation.
All pledges can be refunded up to 60 days before departure of the games from the manufacturer location, without question.
If the refund is asked more than 15 days after the end of the Kickstarter campaign, penalty fees will be charged.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By pledging on this Kickstarter, you acknowledge that the final appearance, materials and content of the rewards (and the Kickstarter) are subject to change and may differ slightly from what is presented during the Kickstarter campaign.
You agree that our responsibility to you is to ship your order as initially placed into our pledge manager system, except for « Friendly shipping » zone (US and EU) you are responsible for import duties or any other duties that may be payable to the relevant tax authorities, providing correct address information and ensuring this address is deliverable by normal methods.
All costs displayed in $ are based on the exchange rate in effect during the first day of the campaign (1€=$1.12).Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (23 days)