Immortal, Dark Age Fantasy (Canceled)
Immortal, Dark Age Fantasy (Canceled)
Immortal, Dark Age Fantasy is a 28mm semi-skirmish game set in Dark Age Britain. The Old Gods have awoken
Immortal, Dark Age Fantasy is a 28mm semi-skirmish game set in Dark Age Britain. The Old Gods have awoken Read more
A Bold New Concept
Immortal: Dark Age Fantasy is a 28mm semi-skirmish tabletop wargame set in Dark Age Britain in the 5th century AD. The Old Gods have awoken and are seeking out the most powerful warbands for combat. The native tribes of old Britain endeavour to use the powerful gods and their magic in order to rule over their fellow countryfolk….but the gods have other plans. Fight as a warband of Romano-Britions, Picts, Irish Raiders, Saxons, Welsh, Pennines' Tribes or a mysterious Cult and with the aid of the gods and other supernatural beings, seek battle to dominate those who would challenge you.
Vlog Gameplay Video
Creating a warband Video
Moving and Shooting Video
Charging and Combat Video
Immortals and Faith Video
Quickstart Rules Link
Quickstart Reference Sheet
We are a group of dedicated gamers that have been working on this game for over four years. As a group we have overcome many obstacles to bring you the best product that we are confident competes with the best rule books on the market. We have self funded all the development, photography, terrain, graphic design etc and were originally planning to make this a PDF. But that is simply not good enough for us.
We are gamers of the 80s and 90s and remember beautiful-smelling books that had great atmospheric stories in them of fantastical lands and great heroes. Our aim is to replicate that feeling but lose the overly fussy game mechanics in such a way as to not have to read through multiple pages of rules during a game. Broken Spirit offers a new way of playing with the old best bits kept in the rules. You will be familiar with the basic rules in a couple of hours but the game can be played with great tactical depth as you expand your forces and try different scenarios.
Our ethos is “balance is the key”
We will never have overpowered units or models in any of our rules sets. Every model in Immortal has a weakness. As a gamer it’s up to you to find them out. Immortal also has random elements so you can never really make the ultimate balanced force that will turn your opponents into dust. If you can’t think on your feet, then you’re on the losing side before you even start the game.
Immortal can be used with any existing Dark Age miniatures or Fantasy miniatures that you already have in your collection. We are not asking you to invest in a whole new range of miniatures, we just asking you to buy the book so we can get it printed. Westwind Productions and Footsore miniatures have been gracious enough to let us use their miniatures for the photographs in the book. We are also selling miniatures from Westwind's current lines to get people started. We are in the final stages of editing the rulebook and once that is completed, we can go straight to print. We also have dice, counters and dice bags, all sourced in the UK and produced by independent stockists.
THIS IS WHY KICKSTARTER WAS CREATED
SMALL COMPANY, NO WAITING ABOUT FOR A YEAR OR TWO FOR OUR PRODUCT.
Help get us funded for the printing, and that’s it.
Please spread the word about our product, we will be eternally in your debt (if you don’t we can easily conjure up some nasty demons to send your way) after all we have "The Book"!
So What's In The Book
- 120+ pages hardback, full of lavish photographs of Angelic and Demonic hosts leading their bands of human warriors to their doom.
- 5 scenarios
- Atmospheric back story to the lands of Dark Age Britain
- Intuitive modern ruleset including the thematic “FAITH” system
- Hero creation system
- 5 Angels and 5 Demons all with unique abilities and tactical uses on the field of battle.
- Battle report (if unlocked)
How to Play the Game
- 15-20 minis per side, all in small units from 4-12 models
- Played out on a 4x4 board
- Six Nations to choose from
- Each nation has its own National Characteristic and scouting level
- Games vary from the humble Raid Scenario, using a handful of models and taking under an hour to play, to the Battle Royal scenario which can take up to around 2 hours to play.
- Games all have a specific turn allowance, this is to keep the games objective based which give a sense of urgency to gameplay.
Faith – Human units and Hero’s bring Faith to the battlefield, the Immortal then holds all of the Faith, and humans can draw it from the Immortal to increase battle readiness. Faith is also used by the Immortals to summon Spiritual Beings onto the battlefield. Be aware if you exhaust your faith pool during a game, all your Spiritual Beings on the table are sucked back into the void, leaving the Humans to fight it out. This system has huge tactical implications.
- Each Nations Scouting Level adds a bonus to the turn initiative. You will find the lighter armed forces like the Picts and Welsh will always have the jump on heavier forces like the Saxons and Romans. Whoever wins the initiative gets to move and shoot with all their units first, the opponent then takes his turn. Combat is played out at the end of the turn.
- Full Warbands of humans may be gathered or full Warbands of spiritual creatures, or even mix and match to your heart’s content (within Nation guidelines of course).
- Six specialist units, one for each nation include Roman Knights and Welsh Druids.
- Because there are a lot of variations in the army compositions, selection of 10 Immortals, Hero customisation and scenario implications, no two games are ever the same.
- Choose to be aligned to the forces of Good in one game, then align yourself to the forces of Evil the next game using the same human models. All you need to do is change out your Immortal model and you have two forces to play with.
Postage fluctuates, week by week so we can not guarantee what the exact price will be. Postage will be charged at the end of the Kickstarter once we are hopefully successful. we can only give you a guide as to what it will be in todays prices at the time of writing
- Shieldbearer - UK = £6.00 - EU+INT = £15
- Hero - UK = £6.00 - EU+INT = £15
- Immortal - UK = £6.00 - EU+INT = £15
- Ancient One - UK = £7.00 - EU+INT = £20
All postage is tracked first class. Any Add-ons may incur an additional charge to postage as the weight increases
Risks and challenges
I have personally backed a few kickstarters and have found that honesty is the best policy. we are producing in partnership with other UK based companies, dice, counters, dice bags and miniatures as stretch goals. all of our partners are well respected and trusted figures in the wargaming community.
This is such an exciting time in this project’s development which we have been planning towards for the past 4 years. However, illness, global market crashes, shipping delays and other unforeseen events are always a possibility but we are confident that we can overcome any obstacle that arises. We are watertight as a company and have so much support from friends in the industry that if a problem arises, we have plans to deal with them in a professional and timely manner. The only real risk is that we don't get this Kickstarter funded, and that means no risk to any funders, only ourselves.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)