UPDATE 5/13/10: We MADE IT! We've reached our goal! Thank you everyone! We'll have more updates as things develop. Remember that May 31 is the last day of the Kickstarter drive!
Science in My Fiction is a blog intended to get science fiction and fantasy writers and fans thinking ahead of science again. Playful bloggers take a look at recent scientific developments and extrapolate potential futures from them.
SiMF is hosting its first contest! Authors enter a science fiction or fantasy short story inspired by a recent scientific discovery or innovation. It can't be peripherally added: the science must be integral to the story. In fact, writers must include a link to a relevant article or study of the applied science when they enter their stories.
A panel of judges will select the winning stories:
• Athena Andreadis - Associate Professor of Cell Biology at the University of Massachusetts Medical School; author of To Seek Out New Life: The Biology of Star Trek.
• Nicola Griffith - Nebula, World Fantasy, Tiptree, and Lambda Literary Award-winning author
• Michael Kabongo – Agent; owner, The Onyxhawke Agency
• Randall Munroe – Creator of the webcomic xkcd; Programmer
• Cat Rambo – Author; Fiction Editor of Fantasy Magazine.
• Brett Savory – Editor-in-Chief of Chizine: Treatments of Light and Shade in Words; co-Publisher of Chizine Publications
THE FUNDRAISING DRIVE
We're trying to raise the money to put the winning 3 stories into print. We're paying the prize money out of our pockets, but we can't afford the cost of producing a print edition. And that's where you come in!
The print edition this drive funds will be the one and only time the contest winners are put into print - it's now or never! Pledging to the drive is the only way to get a copy of the winning stories!
If we successfully raise the funds, the print edition will be thoroughly edited by the editors of Crossed Genres, and published with original cover art.
Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (71 days)