Learn To Make Awesome Video Games With Unity 3D From Scratch
Learn To Make Awesome Video Games With Unity 3D From Scratch
Learn C# and game development the fun and easy way. Using Unity 5.5. Make 8 awesome 2D and 3D multi platform games.
Learn C# and game development the fun and easy way. Using Unity 5.5. Make 8 awesome 2D and 3D multi platform games. Read more
Free Text Course on how to build Pong to give you a first feeling of how the tutorials will be structured.
Everyone loves video games. Now more than ever. Since Mobile games are so easily accessible, even grandmothers start playing games :)
The times when making a game was just something for geeks are long over. Nowadays it is easier than ever.
HOW DOES THIS COURSE DIFFERENTIATE TO OTHER GREAT COURSES?
- first of all, the games that are part of the course differ to the games in other courses
- secondly you as a backer have a say in which games will be covered on top of the six included games
- last but not least you will get complete text scripts including screenshots for each game, which enables you to follow along much easier and guaranty your success. You probably had the experience of always having to rewind the video when following along a course and then rewind again and again - well, that’s definitely not gonna happen with this course :)
Some of the topics included:
- Physics and how things move
- Finding the right assets for your project
- Making simple graphics within minutes
- Creating your own animations
- Ads and monetization through in app purchases
- Level design including terrain generation
- Industry best practices on how to organize your code and assets
- ANDROID + iOS we will add a whole section on Android and iOS support for one of the games. This will include optimizing for the platform and getting it published.
We want to create a full course to teach beginners (or even someone who has experience coding) how to create amazing cross-plattform games using Unity 3D. As just getting explained the tools is boring, we will make the course completely projects based.
In fact, we already have created a successful course for Unity 3D in German with over 4000 happy students.
- Step by step Video guides which enable you to follow allong easily and get you to your first games guaranteed
- Step by step Text guides to follow along during the course this makes life much easier.
- Decide which games will be added to the course (Feedback during and Poll after the campaign).
- Learn from anywhere - at home, in the car, at the beach ;) (download the videos via Udemy app)
- Engaging community: The community and I will be at your side, whenever you run into challenges with your code
Before starting with a project you first learn the basics of C# and will gradually get better throughout the course. The course contains 8 different projects:
- Asteroid Clone
- Pong Clone
- Minesweeper Clone
- Tower Defense
- 3D First Person Shooter (FPS)
The German course sells for 199€, so will the English one. Here is your chance to get the course for much less and some awesome additional bonuses not available on launch. With your help we will extend the already created projects, with additional features and also add more games:
- A 3D Plattformer
- Game 1 chosen by backers
- Game 2 chosen by backers
Backers can however influence the direction of the course. As we want to create the best learning experience and course on the market, we of course will listen to our backers, what makes such a course in their opinion and act on it :)
How will the course be structured?
The course is project-based, so you will not just be learning dry and boring development concepts, but applying them directly to real games. There will be mini challenges helping you to keep up with the progress. Also there will be simply other games taught, than in other courses.
For each demo game you build there will be the following procedure:
- The core concepts will be explained in a sandbox
- There will be an outline on which features the game needs to have in text form
- You will try to build the game by yourself
- We show you how we build the game so you can compare and solidify your understanding
- you get all the project files as well as additional references and resources and a complete text script you can follow along.
- there will be talking head videos summarizing the acquired skills - so you will never be overwhelmed with "screen-casting"
You get full lifetime access for a single one-off fee and can even download the videos on iOS and Android.
Who is this for...
Anyone who wants to learn to create amazing games. No matter if just for yourself and friends, or if you want to make money with them. Unity is an exceptional platform which allows you to make production-quality games. No matter if you have a Windows or a Mac, as long as it can run Unity 3D, you are all set.
As I have years of experience in teaching online, you can be assured, that I know exactly how to make a video course that is fun, educative and super easy to follow.
This course is going to cover every single step that is required to make games. I will explain everything I do, and why I do it, so you always understand the idea behind the actions you take.
Who are We?
Since 2012, I've taught programming online to +26,000 students and have authored over 10 online courses in game, web, and mobile app development.
One year ago I could transform my passion of teaching into my full time job :)
The course will be created by Stefan Bentele, an experienced C# and Game developer and me, Denis Panjuta an experienced developer and online instructor. I love playing and developing video games and also teaching people how to finally implement their ideas and make those ideas become reality. I'm an entrepreneur and have a degree in engineering from the University of Applied Sciences Konstanz in the beautiful south of Germany.
When will the course be ready?
As soon as the funding goal is reached, we will start production immediately and will make the content available for the early access users (EARLY ACCESS & Beta Tester) shortly there after (as soon as the first game is developed, recorded and edited). Everyone else will get access ETA Mai 2017.
Why am I doing a Kickstarter...
There are simple reasons why I don't just put the course on Udemy after it is done.
- Validate the Market before spending hundreds of hours making the course.
- Allow backers to influence the direction and contents of the course.
OUR STRETCH GOALS
Please note we will add this content after the course launches. This is to make sure, we can deliver the highest quality possible for each and every section of the course.
10000€ - VR Development At 10000€ we will add a complete section of VR Game Development with Unity to the course. This will be a shooter game or something similar (based on your feedback) showing all the required steps to get your games to the future with VR.
15000€ - ADDITIONAL GAME
When we reach 15000€ in funding, we will commit to releasing an additional game. A Clone of Angry Birds
25000€ - Multi Player Card game
You might know the game Hearthstone. At 25000€ we will add a whole section on how to build a clone of Hearthstone including many different cards and an online feature in which you can play against other players and their decks.
40000€ - Blender Section - Create Your Own Assets
At 40000€ - we will add a whole section to the course, where you will learn how to create your own assets.
50000€ - Real Time Strategy Game
Ever heard of Command and Conquer? Man, that was an amazing game.
At 50000€ we will add a clone of C&C to the course. As you might know, it was one of the best Real Time Strategy Games of the past.
Risks and challenges
Actually there are relatively few risks here. I have plenty of experience in creating courses, so I know exactly how much time and efford is required to make a great course.
In the very unlikely case that I am unable to complete the course, I will refund everyone.
I also promise to refund anyone their pledge if they don't think the course is amazing.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (32 days)