**** First off, if you missed this awesome project fundraising and you want to be IN and purchase your dice, no worries, just go to dice.bigcartel.com. Also, look for updates here, I post new information about every week.****
Hi, welcome to this page. Let's give birth to this crazy awesome game together.
*You can see the first final die master proposals in updates #8 and #16*
"Dice Age" is a game of unbalanced, figurative, toyish, good to look at and to touch dice. It's a game of strategy and risk-taking with wacky rules between "Uno" and "Magic the Gathering" - except it's played with dice! Crazy dice... In a good way.
From Proxy to Alpha edition: The dice shown here are the draft proxy version. I made them myself in my garage. The Alpha edition you are pledging for are the same in shape and color, but professionally produced and sculpted. Some details will be enhanced in the Alpha version for some sides to be more clear, and the sizes will be uniformed.
I can tell you right away this is a powerful artifact. It was initially a piece of art, and then I developed it into a game. When I first brought them to the university cafeteria, everybody was amazed, wanted one, and couldn't guess how to play. In fact, the rules are pretty simple, but the Dice Age effect is there: You never saw this before.
The Crown of Gods game:
Once upon a long time ago...
You belong to the Gods that rule on top of the cosmos. You hold in your hands the ultimate might to create new planets, new dimensions, in their every detail from the infinitely small to the infinitely vast: Your power is only limited by your imagination. You practiced combining energies; the positive, negative and multicolored. And at last, you have been chosen for the highest challenge: the Crown of Gods, the divine joust to the mastering of entropy and chaos. The competition will be tough, and you will have to summon up your most advanced creation skills. But you have a secret weapon: you control hazard!
- Components: 10 dice (of one cubic inch volume each), 1 Rulebook (20 pages), 1 awesome dice pouch with the Dice Age logo on the back.
- 2 players from 10 years old and over. 3 minutes to learn, 1 game to get the hang of it.10 minutes game.
- The theme is an epic competition for the Crown of gods at the top of our cosmos. Be ready to feel like in a deathtrap dungeon. The full rules of the Crown of Gods game are available as update #4 and the Dice age Compendium as update #5.
- Particularity: dice game using attractive unconventional dice, that can have any conceivable shape.
- Overview: On his turn, a player rolls one of his dice. One rule; never overshoot the last number rolled, or you lose all the dice you rolled in the round. The last player in the game is the winner.
Nota bene : Other games can be played with the dice. Four have been discovered so far: "Bonide", "Totem", "the Snooker", "The Pitched Battle"
The rules of the Totem game are available as update #17.
The project consists of:
A first release of the game on the market by
- Redesigning the 23 first dice in high resolution using toy technologies.
- Casting and painting 7000 of them industrially.
This first release of 23 different dice (over a hundred invented today) will be made by pre-selling the sets, thus raising enough money to produce the dice in the plastic injection process and paint them in a series.
This first Alpha edition will be something! This kickstarter project is also a small market test and if it works, if you really want to help it, I will be able to release the next dice, the next colors, and develop the game as it should be: hundreds of different effects and thousands of different dice.
Our parody commercial for the Adopt-a-die operation!
Uno, Hotwheels, Magic the Gathering and Dungeons and Dragons are trademarks of respectively, Mattel, Inc. and Wizards of the coast, llc.
- (30 days)