Public Alpha Goes Live
Today, Pathologic 2 Public Alpha goes live. It means that the Alpha Build is now available to everyone.
If you’ve signed up for the Alpha already, the link has been sent to you. If you haven’t, just go ahead and do it here. The e-mail will be sent to you immediately. (Note that if you’re not an alpha or beta backer, you weren’t signed up automatically; please follow the link and do it manually!)
Just to reiterate, everyone can play the Pathologic 2 Alpha now. Prepare to suffer bugs and glitches, as befits an alpha, and then suffer without them, since such is the world of Pathologic.
Your feedback is invaluable for the quality of the final game. If you encounter a bug, glitch, something unclear, or just generally want to let us know that you completely disagree with our decisions, please remember that:
1. We’ve made this survey for you to take part in. Please don’t peek before you try the alpha! It has spoilers. It’s mostly in quiz form and will probably take you 5-10 minutes to fill.
2. You can provide full-fledged bug reports via this page. Shower us with silly screenshots! Describe ridiculous situations in full detail! The more precise you are, the easier we can fix the issue.
4. And, as always, we’re carefully reading every e-mail you send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The alpha features Days 1-3 of the Haruspex’s story, in case you’re worried about spoilers
- Rebalanced damage
- Tweaked character AI
- Improved some weapon sounds
- Improved animations and effects upon receiving damage
- Made melee fights generally faster and more dynamic
- Improved visual effects Made controls smoother and options, better telegraphed
- Tweaked opponents’ animations
- Improved loading speed
- Fixed in-game time desynchronizing after loading
- Fixed the bug that froze the game
- Improved the loading of physics
- A number of major bugs fixed
- Fixed some female characters’ animations
- Improved some character models
- Fixed some quest logic errors
- Fixed some localization errors
- Fixed a number of holes that the player could get stuck in
- Fixed inventory bugs.
Thank you for being with us. Have fun suffering.