Voxelfield: DESTROY EVERYTHING! (Canceled)
Voxelfield: DESTROY EVERYTHING! (Canceled)
A Mech Combat Action RTS with fully destructible environments! Setup traps and collapse buildings on your enemies! (Win, Osx, Linux)
A Mech Combat Action RTS with fully destructible environments! Setup traps and collapse buildings on your enemies! (Win, Osx, Linux) Read more
Voxelfield is the world's first mech combat Action-RTS/MOBA that incorporates innovative technology that allows players to DESTROY EVERYTHING ON THE MAP!
"Voxelfield brings a new slant to the genre with its advanced destruction mechanics" - Worthplaying
"The ability to reduce everything to its constituent parts in Voxelfield looks incredibly satisfying" – Kotaku
"Mech Combat MOBA with real-time destruction, and judging by the video above, this is an accurate description of the mayhem and carnage that can be unleashed in this game" - Indelicious
“From the early alpha footage, the game already looks pretty fun and the destruction looks like it’s a major part of the in-game strategy” - AGR
The game takes place in a dark and sinister cyberpunk inspired future, where rival mega-corporations fight for battle for supremacy.
You, the player, will pick from a pool of mercenaries, each with different skills, play-styles and characteristics to fight against the enemy teams using fearsome, customisable mechs.
Player's can use the game's mechanics tactically to turn the tide of war. For example, an enemy mech is hiding amongst the remains of a building and has the tactical advantage. The solution? Fire a salvo of rockets at the structure and bring the building down on top of them!
- First in the world groundbreaking real-time non-scripted destruction mechanics makes it the first game in the world that allows for totally destructible environments
- Emphasis on tactical combat and using locations to your advantage and collapsing buildings on your enemies
- Customisable mechs with a variety a modifications
- Everything in the game adapts to changes (AI animation, pathfinding, shadows)
- Many action-packed game modes: 12 player Free-For-All, Team Deathmatch, HQ capture (inspired by MOBA) and more!
- Extra content and support if stretches are achieved. For example; sandbox game mode and more!
Striving for innovation - you can destroy everything in the game.
We used voxel technology that allow for editing the environment, but we wanted it to be pretty, and we wanted it to simulate realistic explosions and simply put, look cool... so we have developed our own technology that allows us to display millions of active voxels simultaneously and allows for advanced physics. This allows the player demolish every element in the game, all in real-time.
The technology also allows us to achieve a new level of immersion, rarely seen in the gaming world. This is because we can use different voxels to replicate the behaviour of real-world materials such as wood, metal, brick and glass to name a few. These are tied to realistic physics.
Our level designer has created every object in the game with underlying detail so as objects are destroyed, structural layers can be seen amongst the ruins, essentially bring in the 4th dimension and a whole new level of detail, adding further depth and realism.
We believe in the potential of this technology so much that we have had it patented!
You will be able to use the environment to set all sorts of traps as well as using it as a weapon or as a refuge. This will mean that players will have to think on their feet and adapt as the map changes and be able to recognise and exploit the strategic importance of various locations.
Players will work together in different roles (supporting, recon, repairing, offensive and many more) fighting against both other player-controlled mechs and AI controlled Infantry soldiers, tanks and other military vehicles. Each of these enemies will present different challenges that will drive player's choice of character, mechs, weapons and equipment.
Take Your Pick
Voxelfield will offer you a massive scale of personalisation both tactically and cosmetically. Players will be able to select different pilots and mechs, each having their own skills and attributes. You will be able to customise these further through implants and items, which will make your pilot and mech more combat effective.
There are also a wide variety of weapons and weapon loadouts available, each having their own specific purpose on the battlefield that will contribute to how you will approach different scenarios.
All of these elements combined offer players a huge variety of options that players can configure at their leisure to best suit their play style.
A Living, Breathing Organism
Everything has to be interactive if the environment changes in real-time; animations have to react to changes in the terrain (for example, a leg has to go lower is there is a hole in the ground etc.) and the mech must recognise these changes while choosing a path, The AI of the soldiers has to recognise changes in 3d environment, which is going to be be changing over time due to destruction.
All that non linear information has to be sent through a network and shared on many computers to ensure the same level of experience of every player involved.
Standalone licence or Limited Free-2-Play
The pledgers will be able to receive a FULL DOWNLOAD of the GAME. This means that they get 30 Pilots and 30 Mechs UNLOCKED FROM day one (released gradually throughout Beta stage). On the day of the release non-pledgers will be able to join the game, but with one mech and one pilot. They will have to gather the rest through progression.
How is this not pay to win? Isn't that unfair for non-pledgers, who won't have the mech and pilots unlocked? Well, our intelligent matchmaking will ensure that players will fight against opponents with similar level of inventory and skill.
Each mech and pilot will be available through unlocking through progression as well as through monetary purchasing (a system introduced by leading MOBA games like League of Legends, which is widely regarded as being fair), therefore eliminating 'pay-to-win' ethics.
When to expect Voxelfield
We are looking to release the Alpha build by May 2015, with pre-Beta access being available for the months before the Closed Beta release in October which will last for 6 months.
The full release of the game is at present June 2016. This time will decrease the more funding we receive.
Within standard funding (£95,000) we will be able to release the game for Windows, OSX and Linux. That will include 30 Pilots, 30 Mechs and two game modes deathmatch and MOBA modes.
For our stretches, we have 3 'landmark' stretches that are something the backer will receive in addition to the game, rather than an add-on we are doing our end. These are the three tiers where the backer will receive one, two or all three of the editors and are available dependent upon how much pledged and if the individual targets are hit. The editors will still be available for people who pledged below these amounts or not at all even for a reasonably priced transaction.
Pledge and Pick
Once we reach our target of £95,000 we will ask you what feature you want next, so you will get the game that you want!
- Standalone free download of the map editor (with relevant pledge and if stretch target is hit), create and share maps you create with your friends or the community. Destroy it yourself!
- A special additional place for where the 'less than honest' or toxic players go to prove themselves. We would rather not ban people, so we have thought of a fun way of getting round it. They will be moved to a league division specific to their gaming habits (trolling league, abusive language, etc). After earning enough league points which, they will enter the Prison Escape mode proper, where they will be armed with modestly equipped mechs and try to escape from Judge Mech's who will be player controlled mechs that start off with very powerful weapons. The judges will be made up of fair-playing players as a reward, or players who consistently achieve MVP awards.
- Standalone free download of the Voxel Editor (with relevant pledge and if stretch target is hit). Create your own buildings and assets to import to your own or community created maps.
- An additional map with a battle scarred landscape that plays host to all sorts of traps and surprises!
- A special destruction based game mode!
- Build and destroy: A separate entity to Voxelfield that will let you build, or indeed destroy whatever you desire. It will be an RTS where you can build and fight using our technology!
- Battle in an abandoned early 21st century Junkyard that will be an interesting and tactically challenging environment for even the most seasoned pilots.
- A research facility on the moon that plays to host hectic low gravity battles also with fully destructible environments. Appreciate your destruction in a whole new dimension!
- An interesting twist to the MOBA style gameplay where gigantic NPC bosses roam the map and engage with those brave enough to engage them.
- A secret stretch that will be revealed later!
Risks and challenges
This project is on the verge of technological possibilities. It is a very demanding project as no one has done anything like this before, and there are no ready technologies to create what we designed. So we went ahead anyway and made it from scratch!
Fear not though, as we have already laid the foundations of the software, created a prototype along with securing the Intellectual Property for our technology that with your help will flourish and become much better.
We are very committed and we believe in this project so much that we already invested £80,000 into making the game.
We strive for innovation in the game industry. Let's make the history... Together.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (43 days)