About this project
Amazing motorized video stabilization at your fingertips, the AutoSteady gimbal is the smart and easy way to transform your cell / smartphone & GoPro Hero 3/3+/4 into a professionally stabilized camcorder. Utilizing breakthrough 3-axis gimbal technology, our team of master designers and seasoned engineers has worked tirelessly to build the ultimate in cutting edge cell phone stabilization. At less than 1 lb, this nimble tool is integrated with FOC Encoder technology for twice the speed, precision and strength of traditional gimbals.
Follow the action and capture smooth shots with ease. No more jumpy footage from uneven movements. No more unintended tilt or roll away from the horizon. Now your audience can enjoy your best creations without getting seasick. For a whole new perspective, the optional telescopic selfie stick with remote control enables you to elevate and mobilize your phone. Extend your reach to a 12 foot span from left to right without taking a single step, film above the crowd as if you were Lebron James or simply switch the camera around for super extended selfies.
Our phone, an essential part of our life,
is also our best camera because it's always with us.
Capturing our precious moments, recording our every move,
To bring a steady focus to all, only the best or nothing.
Life is an adventure, capture it with passion.
No terrain too tough to handle, no action too fast to follow.
With each step, AutoSteady is there to inspire and to stabilize.
Sparking creativity with compelling action and perspective.
Ready to conquer our environment at every turn.
Ready to create new means to document our journey.
Ready to seize every moment to tell our story.
Life is in motion, capture it.
- iPhone 4/4s/5/5s/6/6 plus and similar sized phones
- Samsung Galaxy and similar sized phones
- LG G3/G4 and similar sized phones
- Above with or without Common Sized Cases
Compatible to GoPro with Optional Adapter
In contrast to older gimbal designs, AutoSteady motor and mechanism does not obstruct GoPro's LCD Backpack Viewfinder. All other GoPro gimbals will block your viewfinder, a very critical part of handheld GoPro filming. Note: Look for reward packages that include an Adapter for GoPro.
- GoPro 3/3+
- GoPro 4 with or without LCD Backpack
- Use the AutoSteady with a cell phone or add an optional adapter to mount your GoPro Camera.
- No obstruction to GoPro's LCD Backpack viewfinder.
- 3-Axis Stabilization (Tilt, Roll & Pan)
- Full Follow Mode on Tilt & Pan
- Automatic Rapid Recovery
- Ergonomic Handle with Rubberized Grip
- Lithium-Polymer Rechargeable Battery
- Wall Charger
- Motors: Advanced FOC (Field Orientation Control) Brushless Motors with Encoder Technology
- Gimbal Controller: Advanced Algorithm for High Precision Stabilization & Real Time Alignment Sensor: 6-Axis High Precision IMU with Cutting Edge Encoder Integration
- Operating Time: 2 Hours
- Weight: 430g (15.2 oz)
- Dimensions: 230mm (H) x 110mm (W) x 100mm (D)
- Grip for Phone Width: 55mm to 95mm (Note: This is the shorter side of your phone.)
Portable Power Pack with Dedicated Charger
- Pledge an additional $50
- Recharges the AutoSteady wherever you go.
- Enough power to double your AutoSteady run time.
- Dedicated Wall Charger for Power Pack Included.
- Included as part of the AutoSteady SPORT & EXTREME Packages.
Telescopic Selfie Stick with Remote Package
- Pledge an additional $30
- Overhead & crane-like movements without taking a step.
- Telescopic Selfie Stick: 19" Retracted, 51" Extended
- Remote (IOS Shutter & Video On/Off) (Android Shutter, Video & Zoom)
- Included as part of the AutoSteady EXTREME Packages.
Gimbal for Dummies
A smart and intuitive AutoSteady design is truly a Gimbal for “Dummies”. Simply insert a cell phone into the clamp, turn on the gimbal and you are ready to shoot super smooth videos. Should you accidentally knock the gimbal out of alignment, automatic recovery is instantaneous. Unlike traditional gimbals, with the AutoSteady there is no complicated startup procedure or frustrating downtime between shoots.
Brushless FOC Encoder Motors
Implemented with state-of-the-art FOC technology, extra light and compact AutoSteady brushless motors possess almost twice the power of stock brushless motors, giving you more versatility and durability. And when high precision sensors are supplemented with state-of-the-art encoder technology, this intelligent device is able to track and constantly align all motors for proper orientation in real time.
- Working Voltage: 10V Min to 12.6V Max
- Motor KV: 2300
- Pitch Angle Range: -120° Down to 200° Up
- Roll Angle Range: -45° to +45°
- Pan Angle Range: -90° to +90°
- Follow Pitch Rate: 2° /s to 75° /s
- Follow Pan Rate: 3° /s to 150° /s
- Attitude Precision: 0.01° to 0.05°
- Stator Diameter: 22mm
- Outer Diameter: 27.9mm
- Weight: 25g
Cutting Edge Gimbal Controller
Programmed to intuitively follow your every move, the AutoSteady also smooths and filters out undesirable jitter for stunning video action. Whether following someone up a staircase, taking a ride on a skateboard or poking out of a sunroof, you will get amazingly stabilized footage.
User Friendly Ergonomic Features & Options
For easy mounting and removal, AutoSteady’s spring loaded clamp features dual rubber grip that won’t scratch your phone. To prevent fatigue and maximize comfort on extended shoots, the AutoSteady ergonomic handle is rubberized with a slip-free grip. Unlike typical lethargic gimbal startups, the AutoSteady is an opportunist by design. Power up and the gimbal instantaneously and automatically levels off to capture that fleeting moment. Mobilize your shoot by following subjects while the gimbal compensate for any uneven shoulder turns and arm movements. Extend the AutoSteady's reach and movement with a selfie stick or take it on wheels. The possibilities are endless.
- Kickstarter Early Backer Price: $187
- MAP Price: $299
- Retail Price: $399
- Kickstarter Early Backer Price: $217
- MAP Price: $349
- Retail Price: $469
- Kickstarter Early Backer Price: $242
- MAP Price: $379
- Retail Price: $509
Our goal is to create a hassle-free gimbal that allows an operator to freely move around and create production-quality videos with an everyday phone. Reflecting our core principle in providing the ultimate end user experience, every Neuvison product starts with a robust structure, utilizing premium parts and components. Then, we load an endless array of versatile functions targeted for different applications. And with meticulous attention to detail, we finish each model with ergonomic features that are both practical and visually appealing. From conception to prototype to manufacturing, the AutoSteady is an intensive project that has taken more than 9 months.
One Year Limited Warranty
AutoSteady warranty services and parts support is provided from our warehouse located in Orange, California.
- 1 Year Limited Warranty on Parts
- 30 Days Warranty on Labor & Battery
Neuvison Brushless Gimbal Development
Before the invention of brushless gimbals, Neuvison had been a prolific developer of brushless motors and stabilizing components for gimbals. Hence, it was a natural move for Neuvison to leverage that experience in developing the AutoSteady.
- September & October 2014: Market Research & Concept
- November 2014: Start gimbal controller firmware development
- December 2014: Start 3D Modeling
- December 2014: Encoder & FOC Implementation & Testing
- December 2014: Power System Engineering & Integration
- January 2015: Prototyping & Testing Motors and completed design and tooling.
- February 2-14, 2015: Prototype#1 Fabrication, Testing & Modification utilizing CNC process
- February 16-28, 2015: Prototype#2 Fabrication, Testing & Modification utilizing CNC process
- March 2-10, 2015: Conducted extensive testing to evaluate performance under a variety of conditions
- March 12 - April 6, 2015: Injection Mold Fabrication & Improvements
- March 16 - April 2015: Component Manufacturing & Procurement
- April 6-13, 2015: Conducting detailed evaluation of performance and end user experience.
- April 15 - Present: Set up production line equipment
- April 27 - May 22: AutoSteady Component Integration
- May 1 - Present: Continued testing through product development and production phase.
- May 15, 2015: Completed AutoSteady Kickstarter video.
- June 22 - July 24, 2015: AutoSteady Final Integration
- July 10-20, 2015: Processing Kickstarter Orders.
- July 20, 2015: Start Shipping AutoSteady Early Backer Packages.
- August 20, 2015: Start Shipping all other AutoSteady Packages.
Oversea backers pay extra for international shipping charge and they are responsible to pay duty for goods entering their countries. California backers must pay and add sales tax to their orders before we can ship the product. If the shipment is to an address outside of California by a common carrier such as UPS or Fedex, no sales tax shall apply.
Appealing for Your Support
Production and procurement of the AutoSteady components have already begun (May 2015), and a successful KickStarter campaign would provide the necessary funds for us to bring the AutoSteady into mass production. With your help, we will be able to set up new equipment and acquire the required parts to launch and deliver the gimbals between July and September of 2015. While we ramp up production, AutoSteady Early Backers Packages will be shipped between July and August of 2015 while the remaining packages will be shipped between August and September of 2015.
Established in 2005, Neuvison has a reputation for delivering cutting-edge products for professional photographic and video applications. Over the past 9 months, with passion and perseverance, our development team has worked tirelessly to complete the AutoSteady, the ultimate 3-axis cell phone gimbal solution. With experience in developing and delivering numerous previous models, we are determined to fulfill your highest expectations of an exceptional new AutoSteady.
Thank you for your interest, consideration and participation in bringing the AutoSteady Gimbal to market.
Risks and challenges
With decades of combined experience in manufacturing brushless motors and stabilizing components, the AutoSteady team has accumulated an outstanding track record for developing and delivering exceptional camera stabilization equipment. It took decades to acquire the knowledge and experience to develop our products and just as long to establish all the resources to procure premium components, produce consistent quality and perform on-time delivery. Neuvison’s implementation of strict manufacturing standards and quality control plays a vital role in the continued success of its product lines.
Taking a product from concept to reality involves a multitude of resources. From 3D software modeling for development to CNC machined prototyping to mass production capabilities in containing cost, Neuvison's AutoSteady development team is determined to tackle whatever challenges lie ahead.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (35 days)