About this project
WE NEED YOU!
This project is about the making of an expansion for Police Precinct called...
We think you will find it to be a great addition to Police Precinct.
Your backing of this project will help make this possible.
We are very close to done with this project at this point:
1. All the testing is done!
2. The art is done!
3. The card design is done!
4. We even were able to produce on our own review copies!
Just YOU to come on board.
We need your help to make the final production-run.
We are dedicating this campaign 100% to the wonderful people who made Police Precinct Possible. Which is...
All YOU folks who bought the 1st edition!
Here's a little stroll down memory lane for Police Precinct as we look at it's history and the key players who made it possible:
1. BACKERS: The approximately 200 of you who got behind the Kickstarter way back in early 2012.
2. GTS: Who stepped in after the funding period and finalized a deal that allowed for a much larger print-run to be possible, and earned Police Precinct as a GTS exclusive.
3. PRE-RELEASE BUYERS: Those who bought after the Kickstarter, but before it was available in stores.
4. STREET DATE: Those who bought it on the first day it was available in stores (Valentines Day 2013).
5. SELL-OUT DATE: Our supply within the distribution channels was all gone by the 4th of July 2013, and for this we send-out a Big Thanks to all of you who bought prior to this date!
6. DISTRIBUTION: those of you who bought it during the last several months helping the many great dealers (and GTS) to recoup their investments in the game.
7. NOW: those of you who buy a copy of the game during this campaign.
That goes out to ALL of you!
We wanted to do something really nice for you, and we wanted to do it BEFORE we even made the 2nd edition available to anyone in any way shape or form.
This campaign is all about you! We are bringing to you all sorts of cool things for the game. We have been listening to you and working hard to create the stuff that you want. I'm talking about the kind of stuff that we would want if we were fans of the game (which we are)!
Fun new Event Cards, Character upgrades, huge new challenges, a newly revised rule-book, fixes (compass sticker & Car Theft Card), and more!
BUYING THE BASE GAME:
Finding copies of Police Precinct is not easy at this point, but there are still a few left. You just gotta know where to look.
Here's a list (which was current as of a couple days ago):
1. COOL STUFF: At this point should have about 30 copies left.
2. TIME WELL SPENT: 3 copies plus a dinger.
3. YOUR LOCAL GAME STORE: ? (they might have one!)
4. FUN AGAIN: 1 copy .
5. AMAZON: seems to have a few.
6. CLS: waiting to hear back, but they should have some.
7. We hold-out a very small number of copies from a print-run to be used for retail sales. They are what we might call our "Private Reserve." We are offering up the last of our private reserve as part of this campaign. The copies represent the last of a print-run of 2,500 (The 1st Edition). We are numbering them and signing. Anyone who buys one of these copies is really helping us to afford to move forward with this project, THANK YOU!
We expect to be able to re-print the game, but not without the support of new fans, so please spread the good-word so that we can keep the Precinct alive!
I can hear you saying...
"Yes, yes, but When?"
The plan is to start a Kickstarter for the 2nd Edition, and to do it very soon. Ideally DURING this campaign.
This other campaign (the one for the 2nd edition) will last longer than this one, and in fact YOU might even have your rewards in hand BEFORE that one even ends.
Once it ends, it will deliver MUCH later. We are talking about the 2nd half of 2014 I would predict.
By the way, all expansions will be compatible with all editions of the base-game.
1st vs 2nd COMPARISON:
The question has come up as to what is the difference between the two. First of all, I say that this is a very good question! Then I would go on to say that there will be VERY LITTLE difference.
1. EVENT DECK: With the Help of Jake S. we have come up with a really cool new look for the event cards (see Rioting Gangs to get an idea).
2. CRIME TRACK: Jeff B. Designed a really cool version, and we intend to use that for the 2nd.
3. RULE-BOOK: We (with the help of Jeff) have gone to great efforts to improve the rule-book.
4. TYPOS: some mistakes occurred in different parts of the game (misspellings, etc). We are determined to correct any such errors.
5. MORE: It is possible that we might do more changes (double-sided tokens, etc.), BUT, that depends on a whole host of variables. Some of this will likely be figured out DURING a long Kickstarter that is (hopefully) about to begin.
We have a wide range of Pledge Levels as part of this campaign. There is of course "The Heat", but also several others. Here is a list:
1. THE HEAT:
2. RIOTING GANGS:
3. THE REVISED RULE-BOOK:
4. MAD MEN CARDS: (in case you didn't already get yours)
5. OTHER PROMO CARDS: (Dirty Bomb & Rocket Launcher)
6. THE KIT: (basically everything listed above)
7. NAME ON A CARD: Yes, just like when we did our first campaign, we are giving you, the backer, a chance to be a part of the game. You can be a Commanding Officer!
8. SUPPORT LEVELS: In order to continue to bring you great new games, we could use a little helping hand from you. You can become a supporter of Common Man Games at several different levels if you want.
9. RETAILER: Get the game before all the other retailers through this Kickstarter, AND get listed on our website!
10. MORE: We have/will-be tossing a few other items into the mix.
We are happy to see that this item is proving very popular. That is how we hoped it would play-out. We recently had a backer ask on BGG about this item. He is from the USA and wanted to know if the price of this level was really going to stay at $24. The short answer is YES!
In more detail, here is what we said to this very important backer...
"Yes, it will really only be $24.
We wanted consider the Rulebook to be half price, yes!
We also wanted Rioting Gangs to be FREE, yes!
Furthermore, we wanted to offer great discounts on the other items, yes!
The total value of the Kit is $53, yes!
In order for this to work we have to make this package the same for everyone, or else it get's very complicated with the fulfillment. We feel like in order to keep it simple, we need to offer you such a great deal that... Even if some of the items are less needed by you (Let's say you already have Mad Men Cards for example) that you will still want to go with the Kit because it is such a good value as compared to going a la carte with the items that seem most important."
MAD MEN CARDS:
Some of you great backers (and prospective backers) might wonder why are there only 5 of the 6 Mad Men Cards included in this Kickstarter. the answer is that we are lucky there are any Mad Men Cards. The backers of the original Kickstarter where kind enough to allow future fans of the games to enjoy these cards, but up to a reasonable point. Those 200 backers risked a lot on an unknown game and one of the reasons they did it was so that they could have something unique (The Mad Men Cards). Those original 200 buyers of the game are the only ones who have ever been handed a Complete Deck of Mad Men Cards. A lot of credit is due to those 200 fans of the game, because they recognized that they held the future of Police Precinct in there hands. They made it possible and they felt pride in helping this new game be all it could be. In the end, the community as a whole decided to allow others who had not backed that campaign to get these cards, BUT not ALL the cards in the deck was the final collective decision. Thus started the tradition of using partial decks of Mad Men Cards, AND the tradition of trading to get a full deck. So, we at CMG, will not now, nor have we in the past, nor will we ever, hand over an entire Mad Men Deck to anyone. If you want the whole deck, you will have to go to some effort to get it.
THE REVISED RULE-BOOK:
As mentioned in the Pledge Level itself, this rulebook has a lot of really nice touches to it. We think you will enjoy it quite a bit.
One of the many expanded sections involves The Credits. If you have contributed in any way to Police Precinct, we have given you credit on this page. It's really nice to see all the many great contributors all listed in one place. The 1st edition rule-book did a good job of this, but MANY people have impacted the game in wonderful ways since it was printed. The revised rules include all those people (right up to today).
By the way, we are about to actually print this rule-book, if you have been involved with the game in some way we invite you to double-check to be sure YOUR name is listed. Here is a link to doing that... http://boardgamegeek.com/article/14007018#14007018
MORE THAN ONE LEVEL:
If you want the items offered through more than one pledge level, here's what you do:
STEP ONE = PLEDGE: Pledge at any level you want, but be sure to add-on the amount due for ALL items you want. For example, Let's say you live in the USA and you want The Revised Rule-book and The Rocket Launcher Card (BOTH). Then you would pledge at either level, and ADD ON the dollar amount for the other item. Thus you would pledge $16 in this case.
STEP TWO = SURVEY: At the end of this campaign, we will send you a survey asking if you wanted any other (extra) items in addition-to what would normally come with your pledge level. That is your opportunity to detail for us what items you want.
ADD ON: If, part-way through the campaign, you decide that you want to get MORE, then you can do this by "Managing Your Pledge". As you do this, you will be given an opportunity to increase the dollar amount you pledged. That's all you have to do for now. Then, later (when the surveys come out) tell us what else you wanted. Simple!
You might be asking...
Do I need to add shipping/handling?
It's included for all the pledge levels (USA/EU/ETC).
No extra charges for Hawaii or Alaska!!!
We think you will be shocked at the speed! Think emergency response with lights and sirens!
That’s right, the campaign closes in just a few days – and delivery will be faster than a cop reaching for the last donut.
We think you will find that this campaign to be one of the fastest you have ever seen on Kickstarter.
We plan to deliver rewards in January!
In fact, maybe even in time for the holidays!!!
The Heat is being made right here in The Good Ol' USA. Same with the rule-book.
Be a part of The Speed of The Heat!
It is possible that we will do some Stretch Goals if this campaign starts to reach higher levels. Keep in mind that this could be a bit tricky due to the speed of this campaign. Stay Tuned!
If you already own Police Precinct, you will want to get The Heat.
The game allows you to ramp-up the powers of your character through Gear and experts who ride along with you in your vehicle.
this 20 card deck includes: Rules, 8 different Specialists, and 8 different types of Gear!
It's a simple to learn version of Police Precinct that will add many hours of fun and excitement to the base-game. These special upgrade cards add to the replayability and depth of strategic thinking of the game.
Please help us produce this wonderful and well tested game.
All we need now is for you to...
"Give Us The Green Light!!!"
By the way, The Heat is compatible with all editions of the base-game.
We here at Common Man Games are very excited to see Rioting Gangs coming.
What you get:
1. Three Rioting Gang Cards (Red, Yellow, Blue) [EVENTS]
2. One Budget Cuts Card (Internal Police Memo) [EVENT]3. One Homicidal Maniac Cuts Card (Incident Report) [EVENT]4. One Street Collapse Card (Incident Report) [EVENT]
5. One Caught in the Act Card (Internal Police Memo) [EVENT]6. One Car Theft Card (1st edition corrected card) [EVENT]7. One Cover Card (with QR Code) [Link to CMG web page]8. One Compass Sticker (for 1st edition board correction)
If you have Police Precinct, you will want Rioting Gangs, both for the cool new Events, and for the fixes.
By the way, Though Rioting Gangs is designed with the "New Look", it will be compatible with all editions of the base-game.
Ole wanted me to remind you of some of the exciting things coming down the pike for this great brand of Police Precinct:
2ND EDITION... YES!
GERMAN EDITION... YES!
SEASON TWO... YES!
Season Two: First let's look at the name "Season Two" for a second. Since the game is so inspired by the many Police Shows on TV (of yesteryear all the way up to today), we like to discuss the game in terms of "Episodes", and several of those might then be called a "Season."
The Heat and Rioting Gangs are awesome additions to the game, and much more substantial than Mad Men were, but still quite small by comparison to Season Two. We envision Season Two being a group of medium sized expansions all housed in one box that would collectively constitute a very substantial expansion for Police Precinct. Those expansions would likely include Episodes such as "Muggers", "The Harbor", and "Jewell Heist". This Season Two concept is what we see as the next big thing coming for the game in terms of expansions, and in fact might be the very next thing coming in the way of expansions. Time will tell. Stay Tuned!
See what Tom Vasel Said when he first saw Police Precinct...
During this campaign we plan to be here to answer questions and help YOU in any way we can.
Also, we will be working hard to post more info, more links, more images, and more of everything else you can imagine.
We launched with plenty of work yet to do in this area.
Here are some of the places we will be posting:
2. The BGG page for Police Precinct.
3. The BGG page for The Heat.
4. The BGG page for Rioting Gangs.
5. The CMG website.
6. The Police Precinct Facebook Page.
We appreciate you coming to visit us, AND hope that we earned your backing today!!!!
Risks and challenges
Creating a quality game is not easy, but we have experience delivering on Kickstarter promises made.
When backers gave us their confidence with the base-game (Police Precinct), we worked very hard, and got them done and out to backers as planned with very high quality specifications. That same game was a big hit in the marketplace, and subsequently sold-out. Fortunately there are a few copies left in the distribution channels and we will help backers to locate them.
If you back this project, you can feel confident that we will repeat this process again now, but this time we will do it even faster!
We're ready!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
There is no 100% perfect answer to this, because it is possible that new things might be added to the 2nd Edition Campaign that could make it so that one might wish they had waited, BUT...
I would DEFINITELY (if it were me) put all my backing into The Heat because I would want to get The Kit sooner (MUCH sooner).
Just for fun, I would ALSO watch the 2nd Edition campaign carefully to see if something interesting popped-up that I really wanted.
Maybe the "Naked Guy in Traffic" card will be added to the mix during the 60-day campaign at some point, and maybe that is something YOU (any given backer) would want to not miss out on.
In which case, you could back the 2nd Edition campaign just to get that one card (cost might be $4 let's say). That one card would then be sent to you when the 2nd edition is finally ready and all the rewards are being sent out.
The Heat rewards will begin shipping out to backers in January 2014 (at the latest).
The 2nd Edition rewards might not go out till much later in 2014.
So delivery times could be the better part of a year apart.
We anticipate and hope that this happens on or even before Thanksgiving Day (Thursday).
UPDATE: It launched the day prior on 11/27/13
Support this project
- (18 days)