We are Northern Hearts, an indie folk-rock duo from southern Ontario. We've been making music most of our lives, performing together for 4-ish years, and we are recording our debut EP.
What We're Doing
Starting in November 2018 we are recording a 5 song EP. We are going to do this ourselves, and we want to do this well. We love artists who sound the same live as they do on the album, and we plan to make an album that authentically captures our live energy and sound.
In June 2019 we will release our debut EP!! We are EXCITED about this. Double exclamation point level excited. We've already booked the party. I'm not kidding.
This album has been written over the past couple years. In that time we've experienced major loss and mourning, big career path shifts, mega-awesome family love, mega-painful friend betrayals, and all the good day to day stuff everyone walking this earth gets to go through. We've also tightened up as a duo, and have spent the last 9 months on stage as much as possible finding our sound. We are at a place where we've got something to say and we're having a hell of a lot of fun doing it.
It feels like the perfect time to make an album.
We don’t have anything without our friends and fans! You are the reason we play shows and we hope you want to hear our music coming out of your earbuds. By pre-ordering this album or selecting one of the other rewards, you get something you're excited about and we get some capital to pay for this recording.
We are so grateful for your interest in what we're doing. If you like our music but can't afford to pre-order the album, find us on Facebook and Instagram, and hit our website to sign up for our mailing list!
Shannon and Steve
If we hit these goals we'll add the following bonus rewards:
• $2,500: Come celebrate with us: All backers at the $10+ level will be invited to the album launch party. - REACHED NOV. 16 (we're doing a happy dance over here).
• $3,000: Bonus Content: We'll add another song to the album and you're all getting it included for free. - REACHED DEC. 5 (Un-freakin-believable!!!)
Unfamiliar with our work?
Here are some live videos of one of our original songs and some of our favourite covers:
• Kickstarter is ALL OR NOTHING, so if we don't reach the target of $2,000 by the December 9th deadline, all the money will be returned to the project supporters.
• The tickets to the pre-launch private party are exclusive to this Kickstarter campaign, so once it's over they will not be available.
• We can't do this without your help. When you back us, you become part of the team that drives us forward. Thank you!
Risks and challenges
We are new to this album creation ballgame, so we might encounter some surprises and/or delays along the way. That being said, we will keep you updated throughout the process so there is no confusion, and we will work our butts off to get you everything we've promised.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)