Casual and die-hard movie buffs will enjoy this team game of mashed up movies. The premise is simple .... two similarly named movies are combined to create a new movie. Each team takes turns reading the plot, guessing, or stealing points from the other team.
Photo of Game Play
"When I saw this game, I knew I wanted to get my mitts on it, so I could tell you all about it. Before we enter the review, I'll tell you this, it does not disappoint." Eric Bryan Seuthe II, BoardGameGeek
Mashed up movies are made up of movies that end with the same word as the other movie begins. Small words (Of, The, A), ending “S”s, and Series Names can be removed before a movie is mashed up. Lastly, if the word is a compound word, then the first word in the compound word can be used.
(Note: These cards are bonus cards and will not appear in either series.)
For more examples, please visit us at
During each team’s turn, the reader will pay attention to all titles mentioned by the guessing team. The reader will confirm any guesses of individual titles as well as the complete title. At the end of the time, the reader will ask for the final guess. The team has one last time to guess the title. For each title guessed, the team will get one point. If the full title is guessed, the team gets an additional point. In addition to points, the team who scores highest in the round is also handed the card.
During the game, each team will receive cards when they guess movies. Each team can earn five bonus points for each of the following:
• Having the most cards which have the same actor in a large role Even if multiple movies on the same card have the same actor, it only counts once.
• Having the most movies in a series.
• Having the most movies in the same genre (western, future, etc.). If multiple movies on the same card are from the same genre each one counts separately.
Risks and challenges
Challenges can arise during any project however, the following steps were taken to minimize issues.
1. Preparation. The manufacturer that is slated to produce this game has been around for years and produced many games. Additionally, we have a few different manufacturers on standby if an issue does arise. Since the game has been fully designed and working copies produced, no technical issues are foreseen.
2. Communication. From previous kickstarter projects we have helped back, there is an emphasis on communication with our backers via frequent updates. This means that as news happens, it will be shared with the backers.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (42 days)