WHAT OUR BACKERS SAID ABOUT MINICAP
More than a year ago, we launched MiniCap1.0 wallets campaign, which was quite a success. We listened to our backers, improved the wallet, and launched MiniCap2.0 which was even more successful.
Kind words from our MiniCap2.0 backers:
"Just got my wallet! I am so happy with the quality and functionality. It really exceeded my expectations. Thanks guys!" ----- Megan Kirkland
".......... I doubt it would be another wallet to buy as this one truly is perfect for me." ----- NialP Superbacker
"Not bad at all! Nice wallet" ----- David Baker
"...........Will be my go to wallet for a while (I have five other minimal wallets =))." ----- Wai-Lung Cheung
"...........probably my most favorite wallet iv had so far in life" ----- Jameson Superbacker
" Would love a future cap wallet that is bigger and holds more otherwise highly recommend it :)" ----- Sparkxster + Superbacker
And after the campaign, we get many requests from backers who missed the campaign or want to buy more.
"Another backer asked this but I did not read a reply yet: will you be selling the minicap 2.0 via a website in the future, or will we have to wait for another Kickstarter for minicap 3.0? ;)"
"Recieved mine yesterday in the UK. Absolutely love it. Shame its a Christmas present for my dad......"
So MiniCap2.0 is back with new color
- Pull-tab is a must: For slim wallets, pull-tab is a must, not nice to have, otherwise your shopping experience will be ruined again and again by all the wallet digging.
- Snap button: New feature snap button will keep your cards in place once the pocket become loose over time. No more card dropping :)
- Better material: We use Classic ultra-fiber artificial leather for MiniCap2.0 pull-tab. It is tough and looks great.
- Improved coin pocket: The coin wallet in the MiniCap2.0 wallet is wider than the original 1.0 version. And without the zipper, the wallet become much more slick.
- Cap seal: Without the cap, MiniCap2.0 looks more slim, neat and easier to access. Also, with cap seal as protection, smaller items like coins can stay secure.
LOW PROFILE CASH SLEEVE
- Bill size friendly: The cash sleeve of MiniCap2.0 is designed to accommodate all kind of international bills.
- Great capacity: Although the canvas is rather tight for the first couple of days, the wallet would eventually loosen up, and can hold up to 8 bills in quarter-fold, according to our beta testers. :)
- Protect your privacy: It is allways safer to keep your cash out of sight from others. The cap can hide your cash from flashing out, yet easy to access.
PROTECTIVE SLIM POCKET
- Further protection: According to our backer's feedback, delicate items doesn't sit well with all the coins and keys. So we made a small pocket for further protection.
- Thin n smooth: We tried hard to keep it extremely thin and smooth. Although it might not look that pretty, but it will serve you well, we are very confident about that :)
The term RFID refers to Radio frequency Identification. Such technology is widely used in many credit cards, membership cards, etc. Basically, a RFID card shall yield its information to radio signal emited by a scanner. This is very convenient when we try to pay our bill, open a door, show our membership etc. But our card info can be leaked to dangerous people in the same way. Therefore, RFID protection is to shield cards from all radio signals by placing metal materials as cover, blocking the radio frequency out.
- Top quality material: We use top quality double-sided conduct fabric in our MiniCap wallet. This fabric is very commenly used for this purpose, and can introduce more protection to your wallet against RFID thiefty.
Please note that MiniCap wallet is made of soft fabric, so the dimensions graph below is only for referrence. Actual product size may be a little different.
- The thickness of MiniCap2.0 is about 5 to 7mm.
- Card capacity of MiniCap2.0 is about 6 to 7.
- MiniCap2.0's capacity for coins is about 6 to 8 coins.
Three colors to choose from
Please note that currency exchanging rate varies all the time, the following chart is only for referrence.
- Gathering order info: For two weeks, we waite for backers to answer their survey.
- Confirm order and buy materials: For this step we shall start calculating the material we need and start ordering them. And according to our other campaigns, we knew the importance of early start. We will do our best in getting start, and save as much time as possible for this step.
- Manufaturing: We shall work with our contractors and start making noty, wohoo ! Please note that timing could be on and off for this stage, you never know.
- Packaging: Packaging can be quite challenging as well, since we have backers from all over the world. Have to be careful. :)
- Shipping: Please note that our estimated delivering date is the shipping date, not arriving date. Shipping time could be quite different depends on the locations of each backer.
Thank you so much for your support !!
Risks and challenges
1. On timing:
Since the exact number of backers is unknown to us, so the timing may fall out of schedule a little. But we did leave ourselves with extra time already, and we will try to get ahead of time for each step, so don't worry. :)
2. On shipping:
Shipping is another potential problem as well. Should the shipping take way too long than regular time, we will assume the package is lost and resend the reward. Promises promises :)
3. On refund:
We will arrange refund, if it is strongly insisted. There is no point in keeping the money from backers if they don't have our back any more. We will do our best to meet backers' anticipation as we should, and hope the worst won't happen.
4. On capacity:
The average and recommended capacity for the wallet is round 6 cards. 8 cards is the up limit. However, backer might find the wallet to be too tight at first. But don't worry, the leather will loose down in about a week, and provide just enough tension for your cards.
- (26 days)