Sext Game - a flirty, dirty tabletop party game
Sext Game is a card game about texting messages with the word from a card... and watching the game go from flirty, to dirty.
--------------------send a message with the word on the card--------------------
It's the quintessential party game for young adults — fun, hilarious and entertaining. Set up in minutes. Just shuffle the 6 decks, enter phone numbers and play!
It's a blast! Send playful and risqué messages minus the awkwardness (well..minus some), because everyone is doing it. It's fun for single people and couples. And, it could be a guilt-free way to flirt with your crush in your inner circle. If you're in a relationship, you still need to create attraction once in a while, silly... and playing Sext Game is a catalyst for attraction.
It has light banter, cute/flirty, sexually charged, and BDSM (think 50 Shades of Grey type freakiness) terms. Part of the fun is — everyone is messaging/flirting with everyone and you don't know initially who sent each message.
You're honing your social skills, laughing, learning good flirty messages and getting better at flirting. If your messages are too bad, you won't win. Meanwhile you'll learn what messages are favored. Don't worry though, you'll probably laugh hard at the bad messages anyway. You'll gradually realize you need to improve without someone flat-out telling you and breaking your heart or fragile ego. Eventually you'll get better at the game and probably better in real life all within the safe setting of Sext Game.
On the surface, it is a fun flirty party game. On a deeper level, the game facilitates healthy opportunities for us to express our creativity, sexuality and humor in a society that suppresses those aspects of human nature.
Sext Game is designed with the intent of enhancing the party through flirting and laughter. Using your phone is highly recommended.
Each card is numbered according to escalation level and separately piled for six rounds--starting at 1, then 2, 3, 4, 5 and finishing at 6. To organize the gameplay and flow, each word was mindfully placed in an escalation level.
1. The most thumb happy texter begins as the Craved One (turntaker/dealer name & subject to change, maybe ViP). The Craved One draws a card from the respective escalation pile.
2. Each player must include the word(s) from the drawn card in a flirty text or written message. The goal is to have your message selected by the Craved One as the favorite. If you want to downplay or amp up the escalation within the connotation of your own message, by all means do it if you think it will be favored.
3. The messages are not sent directly to the Craved One. They are texted to the reader; who verbalizes each message and sits to the left of the Craved One. This shifts the focus to the messages rather than the messengers. The Craved One and the reader do not message anyone.
4. The only requirement for the message content is to include the word(s) on the card within the message. Any form of the word may be used. The card word(s) will organically make the message flirty, possibly funny or sexual. There is no limit on the length or explicit nature of the message. If desired, content can be specific to the Craved One.
5. Use up to 60 seconds to type/write your message. The reader can use a timer on the phone or there can be a designated timer.
6. The Craved One selects a favorite message. Then the played card is awarded for a point.
7. The player must verbalize their selected message to accept the card for a point. Don’t text it if you won’t say it.
8. After each drawn card, a new player becomes the Craved One. Each player is the Craved One and reader once each escalation level/round until the next deck is played. Rotate turns clockwise throughout the rounds.
9. The 2 players with the most cards at the end of round 6 win.
This timeline is an estimate with some breathing room in case unforeseen circumstances arise. It's not uncommon for kickstarted games to suffer from errors like: inaccurate production samples, shipping delays, or miscommunications with foreign manufacturers. In any case, I will keep an updated timeline for the campaign and intend on being as transparent as possible throughout the creation process.
This game will be manufactured in China and sold on Amazon using fulfillment by Amazon(FBA). It will be priced at $25. Minor changes could be made to the published product e.g. graphic design, rules clarification, specific words and their escalation level on a negligible amount of cards. But the essence of the game is here and waiting for us to play! There are 300 total cards with a gloss finish, rounded corners and unlimited ways to use them flirtatiously and humorously.
Risks and challenges
Ideally, expect a solid 3 months before receiving the game or card as a reward after the campaign ends. The supplier samples will arrive in 1-2 weeks. Then the bulk shipment will take a month by sea from China to the US. The rewards will be shipped within another month after stocking the inventory.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)