The "IMAGINE Peace Now" exhibition opens November 2016 with 100+ works of compelling, peace-themed artworks made from decommissioned firearms (see images below). This Kickstarter campaign offers contributors the opportunity to pre-order advance copies of our stunning, comprehensive catalog, featuring world-class metal artists from 6 different countries, and bound in a high-quality, coffee table format. We have the tools and the team to complete this outstanding book, but we still need your support to print it!
Our All-star team includes Jurors
- Emily Zilber, Boston Museum of Fine Arts, Curator of Contemporary Decorative Arts;
- Monica Moses, Editor in Chief, American Craft Magazine;
- Shepard Fairey, Artist and Activist ;
- Boris Bally, Metalsmith and exhibition organizer as well as other invited authors - including
- Michael McMillan, Fuller Museum of Craft,
- Ian Alden Russel, Curator, David Winton Bell Gallery, Brown Univ and
- Jillian Moore, artist and contemporary jewelry critic and writer. Our goal in this effort is to move people to action through the power of imagery and art.
The exhibition opens this November at the Wellington B. Gray Gallery at East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina and travels to Boston's Society of Arts & Crafts in early 2017.
Designed by Erin McManus with printing will be done in the USA.
Risks and challenges
We have numerous printing estimates and backup plans in place for high quality printing. We are using a printer that is used by the Museum of Fine Arts Boston, Museum of Art and Design, NY as well as other museums of national caliber. For the rewards (other than the catalog), we have already manufactured an inventory so we can ship them out quickly. Most of the work from the exhibition has already been professionally photographed, and we have these photos in-house and ready to go. We have reserved space with an amazing Product Photographer (Aaron Usher) for those pieces remaining that need to be re-photographed to our high standards. The only potential issue would be an unforeseen delay with the printing company in-house, but they come with very good references.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)