Y'ALL FREAKING KILLED OUR ORIGINAL GOAL…. IN LESS THAN 3 DAYS!
So where do we go from here? As we explain in this project summary, our actual budget for this trip is $14,000. We originally asked for only $5,000 of that number because we had no idea if people would give and with Kickstarter, if you don't raise your goal, you don't get to keep any of your money!
With that being said, we are announcing our first stretch goal of $14,000!
This additional money will allow us to do the following:
- Launch an effective national PR campaign
- Buy a professional grade interface to record the live record on
- Buy professional lenses for filming the documentary with
Thanks for your support so far and we look forward to seeing where this goes with your continued support!
Thank you so much for visiting our Kickstarter page. We really appreciate you taking the time to check out this dream of ours, and we hope that you will join us in this journey by partnering with us in some way. We cannot wait to get this tour going, and thank you in advance for anything you can do to help.
Why are we walking?
Being on foot will force to rely on the generosity of the people we meet to survive and take away the normal barriers that keep us from connecting with those around us. We believe this will allow us to make lasting, meaningful connections with people that would otherwise not be possible.
To recap quickly, here are the basic details of the tour:
- The Walking Guys is a group of four independent singer/songwriters
- We are touring from Portland, ME back to Nashville, TN
- We will be WALKING the 1,600 mile route between those two cities
- The tour will run from July 8th - November 9th
- We will be playing over 50 live shows
- We are filming a documentary and recording an album with artists we meet along the way
The adventures and experiences on this trip will be the first of its kind. We are documenting the professional birth of 4 songwriters as well as an incredible journey. We will feature the people we meet, the venues we play, and the adventures that we experience along the way. After the tour we will turn our footage into a documentary featuring the ups and downs of being a musician walking across the country as well as the cultures and characters we encounter.
2) Live Album
We know how demoralizing it can be as independent artists. Living in Nashville, we're constantly blown away by how incredible some musicians are that are total "nobodies." We know there will tons of incredible musicians at every turn on this trip and we want to feature them on a record of a compilation of our songs. Each track will incorporate elements of the local artists style to create a live album that will serve as a collection of American musical culture.
Through our Kickstarter campaign, we are seeking to raise $5,000 of our $14,000 budget so that we can execute this tour right to help with out PR Campaign, Hiking Gear, and Video/Audio Gear. Our stretch goal may include studio time while on the road and more high-tech gear for a higher quality documentary. These figures have been painstakingly calculated after speaking with cross-country walkers and videographers. Below is a look at our budget as a whole:
We know we cannot achieve these goals without YOUR help, which is why we made a Kickstarter. Here's a quick summary of how you can join the journey:
- Contribute financially - Look to the right side of the page and pick out a reward package that sounds great to you and click on it to make your contribution. Your monetary gifts will go straight to the equipment needed to make this tour and the above projects possible; namely: Camping Equipment, Walking Carts, Videography Equipment (Documentary), Audio Recording Equipment (Live Album), and Daily Needs (food, lodging, etc.).
- Tour Accommodations - As we travel down the East Coast, we would love to come play in your home, in your favorite venue, with your favorite local band, and, if you're so inclined, to camp in your backyard. If you or anyone you know lives along our tour path and would possibly be interested in helping out in these ways, we'd love to hear from you. Shoot us an e-mail at email@example.com. Below is a list of the major cities that we are stopping in:
- Social Media and Sharing - Obviously, getting the word out about this tour and our social media presence will be essential for effective sharing of the story of this journey. So, check us out on these platforms:
Instagram / twitter / snapchat: @thewalkingguys
Thanks again for stopping by our page and please feel free to drop us a line at the e-mail address below if you have any questions about anything! We look forward to hearing from you soon!
The Walking Guys
Risks and challenges
We're going on a bit of a long stroll. Here are a few challenges we may face:
- Our legs giving out
- Walking for a month and knowing we have 3 more to go
- Getting robbed
- Bad drivers on the roads we walk on
- Not having money to buy food
- Having enough time to continue writing music
- Hauling all of our gear
- Finding musicians to join in on our songs
- Many more unforseen
But we believe that with your financial help and general support, that we can push through and overcome these crazy obstacles!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)