Fox Dash (Two), a new adventure game
Fox Dash (Two), a new adventure game
The final game in the Fox Dash series, play along to help two foxes reunite when the untamed world wants to keep them apart.
The final game in the Fox Dash series, play along to help two foxes reunite when the untamed world wants to keep them apart. Read more
About this project
Check out a demo and read more about the game's release schedule in the latest update!
My aim is simple, make the sequel to Fox Dash on Android.
The original Fox Dash told the story of a little fox lost in a world being terrorized by a mysterious monster. When the fox finds out he's not the only one in the world, things finally look up. But the union is short lived as the two foxes are separated and the next adventure, Fox Dash Two, begins.
While finishing up Fox Dash I already began work on Fox Dash Two. Planning, designing, gathering resources, finding interested people to help, and of course programming it! Currently Fox Dash Two is a playable prototype but it will need your support to be greater than the first in every way imaginable!
The game's genre has changed to action platformer, no longer an infinite runner like the first Fox Dash. This allows the player to explore maps and take in the wonderful artwork and music to their hearts content.
Fox Dash Two features new technologies like OpenGL ES 2.0, and networking, alongside a new interface, and new physics making it more fun and action packed. Of course, like the original, the second game will also be open source!
A fully featured HTML5 level editor is being programmed by the very talented Daniel Imhoff, alongside the code of Fox Dash Two. Rather than letting this powerful tool sit dormant after the game's release, I figure it should be put into the hands of the community. Anyone will be able to make maps for the game for all to play!
All of the fantastic artwork for the game so far has been painted by the awesomely artistic Patrick Kowalik. The game has grown so large that I've decided to add another artist, Raymond Griffith, to the team to make this game even more colorful and fun to look at.
The music you heard in the video (and that will be in the game) are all originals composed by expert Fredrik Miller. I'm happy to say that there will be at least 5 different songs in the final game. But more will come with the success of this campaign.
The first Fox Dash was done almost completely by myself, but part of making Fox Dash Two bigger and better means gathering a creative team and using their strengths towards the game.
- Jakob Griffith: Developer and programmer, Jakob has been the primary driver behind Fox Dash and Fox Dash Two.
- Patrick Kowalik: Artist and dreamer, Patrick brings Fox Dash Two to life with his fantastic backgrounds and art assets.
- Kevin Poisson: Story and all the details, Kevin meshes fantasy with reality as he weaves together the Fox Dash Two adventure.
- Fredrik Miller: Music and beats, Fredrick composes the fantastic score played through the entire game.
- Lonzo Rust: Sound and silence, Lonzo adds the subtle but very important touches that go the extra mile in giving the game energy.
- Brady Jackson: Design and creativity, Brady entwines the sights, sounds, and story together to make the levels for Fox Dash Two.
- Raymond Griffith: Additional art and expertise, Raymond draws and animates the foreground and main characters.
What will you get in return for supporting Fox Dash Two and its final push to completion?
- Thanks and your name displayed in the credits!
- Early access to the current prototype and beta of the game! Anytime I make a new build, you'll be able to play. All the way up until release day. This is an unrestricted copy of the prototype, you'll be able to play all maps made in the level editor, and watch as I slowly fix bugs, add features, levels, art, and music to the game.
- Early access to the Level Editor (make and play maps instantly!) That's right, get started early on your masterpiece map that anyone can play.
- Digital download of the game's sound track! Fredrik has agreed to compile all the music in the game into a soundtrack exclusive to this kickstarter.
- Get your own furrykin in the game! I was always told Cheetah Dash would have made a lot more sense. Or maybe you want Poodle Dash? You name it, we'll draw it and make a build of the game containing your character just for you! (some restrictions apply: it must be a 4 legged animal roughly the same size as the current fox with no additional abilities eg flight).
- I will personally fly out and thank you! If you fund the entire campaign, maybe I'll give you a hug. Maybe we'll go out for ice cream?
What?! one of the rewards isn't the final released game itself? Of course not, Fox Dash Two will be free and available on the Google Play store once it is complete. How awesome the game will be is determined by this Kickstarter campaign and your support. Specifically....
- $250 of this campaign will go towards a new fox character. The current fox is temporary (very limited animations, see for yourself in the beta).
- $1200 of this campaign will go towards adding two more levels, ($450 for the necessary artwork, $450 for the composed music, $200 for their design, and $100 for sound.)
- $250 of this campaign will help get additional assets in the current level set.
- $300 of this campaign will go towards taxes and Kickstarter fees.
- $500 of this campaign will be for reward fulfillment.
Risks and challenges
The biggest risk is the game not releasing. With such a large team and project any number of things could happen that would cause the game to be delayed, or worse, not released at all. To help ensure the effort is not wasted if this occurs, the engine is released open source and can be reused by anyone, even to make their own Fox Dash.
The next risk is after release. The game could flop be it from bad reviews, or lack of interest in the market. To ensure success we're doing extensive testing and advertising to help spread interest in Fox Dash Two.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)