ABOUT THE SET
Patterned after classic monster trading cards from the 1960s and 70's, Ed Repka's MONSTERDOM sticker cards are packaged in a classic wax wrapper made as only SideKick can! Each pack includes all 12 sticker cards, and stored in a miniature collectible display box alongside a special promo card featuring the artist himself! The back of each card features a bio of the character on the front. The set is strictly limited to 500 packs!
ABOUT ED REPKA
Ed Repka is known worldwide for his many illustrations of Vic Rattlehead, Megadeth's skeletal mascot and is widely regarded as the undisputed king of thrash metal album cover art with hundreds of covers to his credit. His art has also appeared on numerous magazines including Horrorhound and Revolver, Star Wars and Mars Attacks trading cards from Topps, as well as apparel, posters, and action figures. He has also created concept and design work for hundreds of toys and collectables, and designed several mascots for heavy metal festivals.
ABOUT SIDEKICK LAB
The set is produced by SideKick Lab, who manufactured Topps' Mars Attacks: Occupation trading card series, and Dan Brereton's CREEPING FLESH trading cards, both of which were successfully funded on kickstarter.
This project is being run by Tom Lichtman, owner of SideKick, and Adam Levine, formerly of Topps. Both were responsible for running the Mars Attacks campaign, while Tom & SideKick handled both manufacturing and shipping/fulfillment for those projects.
• Wax Pack Sticker Set: the wax wrapped sticker set will include 12 full color stickers. Each sticker card includes a full color monster head painting on the front by Ed Repka, and a bio of each character on the back. Included with every set is a promo card of Ed Repka, and a miniature cardboard display box.
• 5x7 Jumbo Card Set: a unique oversized edition of MONSTERDOM featuring all 12 cards! Printed on classic chip stock, measuring 5" x 7", and packaged in an oversized wax wrapper. The art on the wrapper will be classic/retro 4-color line art. These oversized cards are perfect for framing!
• Metal Autograph Card: a specially designed creator metal card autographed by the artist!
• Black & White Sketch Card: Limited to 70, Ed will create black and white pencil sketches of his own monsters!
• Full Color Sketch Card: also limited to 75, and distributed across multiple pledge levels, Ed will paint sketch cards in full color of his many fiendish monster faces!
• Uncut Sheet: Measuring about 8" x 14.5".
• Autograph Collector Pack: a special version of the sticker set, where each sticker is hand signed, stamped with a special "autograph edition" seal, and packaged in a foil-stamped black velvet box.
• "Your Face as a Monster!" Sketch Card: LIMITED TO 5! With some proper photo reference of your face, Ed will create a full color sketch card of YOU as a monster!
All add-on items are available in unlimited quantities. To select them, simply total up the cost of the items you'd like to receive and add that amount to your pledge. After the campaign, we'll send you a form to fill out to tell us what you wanted.
Risks and challenges
SideKick Lab is a printing facility located in Rutland, Vermont. SideKick specializes in accurately reproducing the materials and methods of classic Wax Pack trading cards.
In order to compensate Ed for the use of his artwork, to cover the costs of printing, packaging, assembly, and shipping, we need to collect a small amount to make sure the product is worthwhile for everyone involved.
The good news is that SideKick has a long history of trading card production, and is a well-oiled, fine-tuned machine. SideKick produced Buff Monster's Melty Misfits cards, Topps' Mars Attacks: Occupation, Bobby Aker's "Blood Drive" series, plus many projects for major companies such as Skybound ("Outcast"), Fox ("Bob's Burgers"), PopCap ("Plants vs Zombies"), and many many more!
While this is SideKick's second foray on Kickstarter, Tom & Adam have previously been part of numerous campaigns, most notably running the massive Mars Attacks: Occupation campaign, which had over 500 backers receiving dozens of different pledge reward items.
This campaign is a much simpler project, and all logistics have been carefully considered and planned for a smooth production and fulfillment.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (21 days)