Castle Seeks Worthy Knights & Princesses
Castle Seeks Worthy Knights & Princesses
Castle Mont Rouge requests aid of True Princesses & Noble Knights to save it from ruin. Grand rewards & Titles of Nobility are offered.
Castle Mont Rouge requests aid of True Princesses & Noble Knights to save it from ruin. Grand rewards & Titles of Nobility are offered. Read more
Do you know someone with the Noble Spirit of a Worthy Knight or a True Princess? Perhaps that person is you. It is time to be officially recognized, and to collect your Just Rewards.
Your chivalry is urgently requested. Castle Mont Rouge is in ruins. Even a small gift on your part may save the day! In gratitude, we shall bestow glorious treasures upon you. First and foremost, let us send you beautiful Grant of Knighthood or Princess Certificate. Your name will be hand-penned in calligraphy on acid-free, cotton paper. It will look something like this:
Grant of Knighthood
These illuminated documents reflect the true you! They are signed, dated, sealed, and embossed.
Once upon a time, the towers of Castle Mont Rouge rose toward the sky. But through various adventures and happenstance, it was never completed. Abandoned, it fell into ruin. In time, brigands even stole copper from the roof!
Today, Castle Mont Rouge might only be saved by the urgent action of stout spirits and noble hearts. You have the power to restore order and bring peace to troubled minds.
The Errant Sculptor who designed and constructed the castle, lo these many years ago, seeks to return and finish it. The Errant Sculptor now even has two young children, aged 4 and 7 years. They have never set eyes upon the castle, let alone know the shelter the of its walls.
The goals of the present campaign are modest. They are to stop the rain's penetration and to add the modern technology known as "glass" to the breezy openings in the Castle's walls.
Of the $65,000 goal, about half will go to paying the rewards, Kickstarter & Amazon Payments fees, and taxes. The other half will go toward simply "drying in" the castle. Then let's throw the castle gates open for a great feast of celebration & gratitude.
I'm Robert Mihaly the sculptor. I am not the Romanian Robert Mihaly who was arrested for selling his kidney (yet). I carve marble and limestone. This photo collage shows some of my sculptures.
I've been chiseling stone for 26 years. I always endeavor to provide as much value as I possibly can for my clients. The Castle of course, ruins or not, is another sculptural work. When my marble sculptures are left outdoors they erode at maybe 1/16" of an inch per century. The Castle is eroding much faster.
With this Kickstarter campaign I intend to do the same thing. Hopefully I am not offering so much that there won't be much left for the castle. (This is how I conduct some sculpture commissions.) But the plan is for this to work out for both of us. I've tried to create a lot of cool products, some of interest to adults, and plenty of interest to kids.
Without You, all would be lost! With your help, Castle Mont Rouge can be brought to glory (or at least exist!). In return I wish to bestow great treasures upon you. These treasures include marble sculptures, swords, brass tools, and glittering tiaras!
The most glorious treasures are Grants of Nobility. Each certificate is an investment-grade work of art. But the perpetual honor enshrined in these documents outshine their mere material attributes. They are a reflection of your noble, romantic spirit.
Now is the time. Seize your destiny! Glorious treasures are within Your reach:
a note to parties outside the USA: I am friends with and love people all over the world. I am happy to ship any rewards anywhere in the world. Unfortunately I am afraid of paying $40. to ship a $20. reward. Bottom line to non-domestic parties: You cover exact shipping costs, I'll ship anywhere. Sorry for the hassle, thanks for understanding.
Want to customize your reward tier? Add the following on to your pledge using the Manage Pledge button at the top of the Project Eternity Kickstarter site. Note: Add-Ons require $12 tier and above:
• 10 Wooden Nickels +$5
• 100 Wooden Nickels +$5
• Mug $+15
• First Class 49 cent USPS stamp +$6
• Brass Compass +$20
• Stamp, Mug & Scrapbook +$22
• Digital book on how to carve marble and limestone +$20
• Fire-branded wooden box, mug, and 3 wooden nickels +$30
• Knife, Candle, and two wooden nickels +$30
• Carved initials in limestone block +$30
• Ceramic Beer Stein +$30
• Tiara, bunny, ribbon, stickers & 3 wooden nickels +$40
• Tiara, wooden sword, ribbon, stickers & 3 wooden nickels +$40
If you know someone with the heart of a princess or soul of a knight, it is their turn to shine.
I carve grand and elaborate sculptures for clients. But like a shoeless cobbler, I wander far and wide, without a proper roof above my head. This campaign is not to create a luxurious palace. It may not even be to make yonder ruins legally habitable with a Certificate of Occupancy. The budget and scope are flexible, but the immediate goal is modest. It is to stop the Castle from deteriorating away to nothingness.
That's where the good Samaritan, you, comes in.
Chivalry, or the chivalric code, is a code of personal behavior. It predates Gene Autry's "Cowboy Code"! It developed with the medieval institution of knighthood. Chivalry promotes the knightly virtues of honor, loyalty, courage, courtesy, generosity, mercy and service to others. To be chivalrous is to always endeavor to act properly. The chivalrous protect the weak and innocent. They stand up to evil and injustice, yet have a gentle appreciation of love and beauty.
This campaign's rewards make imaginative gifts to show someone you care. Aside from being fun and attractive items, the whole knight/princess concept ties them in with a behavioral and ethical code that 1.) validates who they already are, and 2.) encourages them to live to this high standard.
Notes on the Rewards:
• Bunny: The Stuffed Animal is huge! It is 11" inches tall. The Castle Mont Rouge logo is printed on its royal purple t-shirt. Sometimes when a brave knight or even a princess is far from the Castle, it can be a great comfort to snuggle up to an old pal from home.
• (Physical) Worthy Knight & True Princess Certificates: These certificates are frameable works of art. Each name is hand-penned in calligraphy, on 100% cotton, archival paper. Obviously this is a necessity.
• (Digital) Worthy Knight & True Princess Certificates The digital versions are pdfs.
• Website: Your Knight or Princess will be proudly listed on the Castle Mont Rouge website unless you request otherwise. 'Tis further recognition of your Noble Spirit.
• Postcard: (This is not the final design!) We promise it'll be prettier! We'll thank you for your support on the postcard. We'll mean it. It is of and from the Castle. We'll send it by first class mail. If first class USPS mail is for any reason unavailable, we'll send it in a royal carriage. You are worth it.
• Magnet: The magnets are glossy, business-card size photos of Castle Mont Rouge. These actually stick quite well to both suits of armor and ye olde fridge.
• Pencils: They are shiny gold-colored & branded to Castle Mont Rouge. We'll use one to send you the postcard. Feel free to use one to send us a postcard if it pleases thee.
• Wooden Nickels: They are real wood, 1.5" inches in diameter. Don't leave home without them.
• Greeting Cards: The greeting cards are on a nice, thick cardstock with envelopes included.
• Medallions of Knighthood and Princess Medallions: Colorful Medals with neck ribbons. THESE ARE ENGRAVED WITH YOUR NAME: example: "Sir John Smith, Knight" or example: "Princess Chloë Smith". Obviously this is the only place in the world to get these. You absolutely deserve it, and more! You are the one of the few, the greatly magnanimous, helping in our time of dire need.
• Embroidered Patch: Neat, huh? It's because you belong. Mi Castle, su Castle.
• Stickers: It's a sticker sheet of Castle Mont Rouge and some related imagery. I said there were grand treasures!
• Mug: It's ceramic with a graceful, elegant form. Like thee. Well, not the ceramic part.
• Scrapbook: The scrapbook is big, 13" x 10". It has a writing pad, 2 card holders, 2 CD holders plus pen loop, 5-section accordion file, etc. When your in distant lands, keep your scrapbook safe. We'll be sure to get it started with a few mementos of our deep appreciation for you. I mean YOU. Thank you so much, forever will we be at your service.
• Wooden Box: The Castle Mont Rouge logo is fire-branded, burned into the top of the wooden box. The fire-brand is at least 1.75" across.
• Book: (Digital) book on how to carve marble and limestone by Robert Mihaly.
• Stamp: This is an actual, collector's United States Postal Service $.49 First Class Stamp.
• Invitation: invitation to Castle-Warming Party. We greatly look forward to meeting you!
• Brass Compass: This should help you find your way where you need to be in life. For starters, point it to the Castle-Warming Party.
• Name or Initials: 3.5" x 5" x 1" piece of hand-carved, natural limestone with your initials upon it. We will ship this to you. Alternatively, or additionally your name/initials might be chiseled by hand into the exterior stone the Castle wall.
• Stein: Mountaintop refreshments taste best from a traditional stein. It will certainly cure what ails ye. But steins are even more sublime when it is a stein from the Castle YOU helped build. Thank you so much.
• Ornament: 3.25" inches in diameter, shatter resistant ornament.Great for Christmas and other wintry holidays. But certainly appropriate at any fine feast.
• Candle: 3 oz. frosted custom votive candle holder. Bring warmth and life into your nights.
• Tiara: May we humbly present this fine metal and rhinestone tiara? You Absolutely earned it!!!!! We humbly thank you for your support.
• Knife: Brass, Rosewood, and Stainless Steel Pocket Knife with a 2.375" Locking Blade. The rosewood handle is engraved with the Castle Mont Rouge Logo. None but the best for you, our generous benefactor.
• Wooden Sword: This wooden, practice training sword/dagger is 16-17" inches long. The Castle Mont Rouge name and/or seal is fire-branded onto it. This fine tool is perfect for fighting dragons, windmills, or general knightly tournament practice.
• "Gargoyle Ascending Castle Mont Rouge" Sculpture This sculpture is available in three sizes/forms: As a SIGNED 48" inch tall limited edition, cast sculpture, a SIGNED 24" inch tall limited edition cast sculpture, or a 6" inch figurine. I am so proud of this and you can be too. It is the perfect gargoyle representation of your support of Castle Mont Rouge.
• "Angel of Castle Mont Rouge" Sculpture This sculpture is available in three sizes/forms: As a SIGNED 48" inch tall limited edition, cast sculpture, a SIGNED 24" inch tall limited edition cast sculpture, or a 6" inch figurine. I am so proud of this and you can be too. It is the perfect representation of your angelic support of Castle Mont Rouge.
• 16" Hand-Carved Gargoyle: 16" hand-carved, original one-of-a-kind Limestone Gargoyle + you get on Castle Christmas card list. 26" Hand-Carved Gargoyle: 26" hand-carved, original one-of-a-kind Limestone Gargoyle + you get on Castle Christmas card list.
• Original Marble Sculpture: hand-carved, Original Marble Sculpture available in three sizes: 36", 48" 72"
• Throne: 60" inch tall, hand-carved, original Full-Size Marble Throne. We'll design and carve it custom, to your specific needs, taste, motifs, etc.
Alas, my sculpture work has been featured in The Washington Post, The National Enquirer, Chicago Sun Times, The Daily Mail UK, Art Daily, The Independent Weekly, The Baltimore Sun, The Wall Street Journal, Stone World, Rome's News Tribune, NY Arts Magazine, Associated Press, Reuters, etc.
I just search-engined Castle Mont Rouge , such as it is, and found it mentioned on the following blogs:
http://www.infibeam.com Cheap Apodicticism blog diydetective.com http://www.primidi.com/ wn.com fellowshipoftheminds.com http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/castle-mont-rouge http://www.dupontcastle.com/castles/montroug.htm http://rs.locationshub.com/location_detail.aspx?id=001-10009281&user=1 https://plus.google.com/photos/+jordandavisphots/albums/5991423882680110513
Here are more photos:
If I have not made it super clear, I am very grateful for any help you can offer. Thank you so much.
update: Here's some real-life Cinéma vérité. I just spontaneously took my children to see Castle Mont Rouge for the first time:
Risks and challenges
The biggest risk to the completion of this campaign is that something would happen to me personally. Were I say, struck by lightning, this project would play out differently. My mother would see to it that all the rewards are produced and properly delivered to the contributors.
Fortunately, I have never become deceased in the midst of a prior commission(!) However, if necessary, I've authorized my mother to commission the carving of the sculptures according to my designs and models. Please don't get any ideas, but should a dreadful end befall, the value of all my art would immediately increase in value. This includes the artworks and other rewards in this campaign.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)