Perigon HD Digital Mirror: Drive safer with no blind spots
HD digital mirror eliminates blind spots and increases driver visibility. Perigon lets you see as well behind you as you do out front.
The world currently has over a billion vehicles on the road - and with so many drivers out there, safety is more important than ever. The Perigon HD Digital Mirror is the first high definition display system designed to enhance driver visibility by an average of 3-4 times that of a traditional rear view mirror, while eliminating blind spots and other obstacles from view.
Good drivers aim to always be aware of their surroundings, and we offer you a system that greatly enhances your view to the rear and sides of your car, effectively giving you the same view out the rear of your vehicle as you have out the front- all installed with DIY simplicity. No alterations to your car or professional installation needed.
POWER AND CAMERA CABLE INSTALLATION
See how easy the cabling is to install for Perigon!
Here is a newer and improved video showing the installation process for the cables, as well as the standard interior camera. There is also a short part showing the alternative external camera mounting procedure for SUV's and hatchbacks (note: you only need to mount one or the other- not both!). We hope this helps show how easy installation is!
- Perigon was originally designed for use in race cars. Professional drivers love the expanded view and real-time imaging, with many opting to also use Perigon in their own personal road vehicles. Quite simply, once you use it, it’s hard to go back to an old style mirror.
- Perigon is perfect in the cars of new drivers, teens with their learner’s permit and those who are just starting out in the parking lot. Driving becomes much simpler from the start!
- Perigon can provide peace of mind for moms and dads with families riding in the backseat. Safer defensive driving can keep your family safe and other families on the road out of trouble.
- Are you a taxi, Uber or Lyft driver? Driving is what makes up your job and Perigon is here to help make it easier, safer and even easier to see others around you.
- Drive a big food truck, giant delivery van or bulky vehicle in general? Perigon seeks to provide you with a clearer image no matter what size vehicle you drive. When you’re able to easily see what’s around you, the less likely an accident is to occur.
- Going on a road trip? You know how scary it can be to have a car packed to the roof and not be able to see out your mirrors. Don’t worry, Perigon has your back!
- Big family? It always seems like the person sitting in the middle is the tallest and always in the way of seeing what’s behind you. With Perigon, you won’t have that problem anymore!
- Inclement weather can make it hard to see out of all your mirrors, but Perigon has the features to make it easier to see in even the toughest of weather conditions.
- Maybe you’re a competitive athlete, day tripper, avid carpooler or you just find yourself with a vehicle packed to the brim more often than not - Perigon is designed to help you become more aware of your surroundings without the obstacles in your car getting in the way.
- Stuck in rush hour traffic every day? Stop worrying about whether it's safe to change lanes. Perigon allows you to easily see all vehicles around you and know when it's safe to change lanes.
- 9.8” LCD panel
- White LED backlight
- Horizontal 700:1 high contrast ratio
- 1500 nit high brightness HD display
- 95° wide angle, 25° vertical angle
- 6 element high-quality glass lens
- Fixed focus: 1.34mm
- F-Theta distortion rate under 13%
- 12V/500mA for display
- Up to 6.6W power consumption
- Camera powered by display
- 2x CVBS, 1x LVDS HD video input
- Supports picture-in-picture functionality, should you wish to add dash cams, side view, or backup cameras
- Resolution up to 1280x800 pixels
- Up to 98db high dynamic range (WDR)
- Up to 0.1 lux high sensitivity
- High stability automotive grade CMOS sensor
- Perigon automatically detects suitable lighting and adjusts itself
- Auto, low, middle, high level options
- 10 x 3 x 0.5 inches / 25.3 cm x 7.3 cm x 1.2 cm (W x H x D)
- Won't interfere with your vehicle sunvisors
- Weatherproof automotive grade camera, waterproof and works in extreme temperatures from -40º to 185ºF (-40º to 85ºC)
- Perigon allows a wide viewing angle of 95° - that’s 3-5 times more than most standard rear view mirrors
- Perigon also has a vertical viewing angle of 25°, enabling you to see potential obstructions that a normal mirror would not allow
- 9.8” ultra wide viewing angle LCD monitor
- Works with any vehicle with an inner rear view mirror; Perigon easily clips to your existing mirror, while the camera easily mounts to any style rear window. Alternatively, the waterproof camera can be mounted on your vehicle exterior in the included housing
- Perigon provides 1280x720 pixel HD crystal clear images behind your vehicle
- Perigon can display up to 3 video sources, including side view cameras, a rear view parking camera or dashcams, using the picture-in-picture technology
- Anti-Glare Technology: Perigon’s proprietary WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) algorithms automatically filter and reduce glare
- Perigon uses VisionClear™ technology to enhance visibility in foggy or misty conditions. VisionClear™ intelligently and automatically recovers video degradation caused by fog, rain, snow, haze, sand storms and even dust that may be on the window or camera lens
- VisionClear™ also uses motion adaptive 3D noise reduction algorithms to effectively remove noise from video commonly seen in low-lux conditions of high gain and poor interpolation
- Our proprietary, auto-grade HD video screen enhances visibility, ensuring a brighter and much clearer view than your standard mirror
**ANY KICKSTARTER BACKER WHO WISHES TO ADD A REVERSING CAMERA TO THEIR PACKAGE CAN DO SO, SIMPLY ADD $40 TO YOUR PLEDGE AMOUNT**
Jerry grew up in Canada and is an engineering graduate from Lehigh University, one of the top rated engineering schools in the world. He’s been a serial investor in technology for many years, with a long track record of success, including investment in Seeways Tech, an industry leader in vision enhancement technologies. Seeways is currently a co-development partner for Perigon, with research and development facilities in the Neihu Technology Park in Taipei, Taiwan. Jerry founded Perigon in 2012 and served as Chairman until also assuming the CEO mantle in 2014.
Brian was raised in New Hampshire and is a graduate of Phillips Exeter Academy and Kenyon College. He spent a majority of the past 20+ years in the Asia-Pacific region, running the sourcing and product development programs for IC Intracom and CompUSA. He later started working on product development projects for other brands, including Callaway Golf, Gibson Guitars, Monster Cable, plus private label projects for many major electronic retailers. Brian began working with Perigon in 2015 and serves as our Director of Business Development.
Based in Silicon Valley, Jason has over 20 years of experience in ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuitry) design, plus several years of in-depth work on Automotive Specific Video Related Systems. He’s a veteran of the IC industry, having worked with C2 Microsystems, Kolorific, co-founding Panstera, plus ITE, Silicon Graphic, Oak Technology and Unichip. Jason joined Perigon in 2012 to spearhead Automotive Camera Systems, Around View Monitoring Systems and Mirror Display Systems as our Chief Technology Officer.
Jimmy earned his masters in electrical engineering from the University of Southern California and has spent his career specializing in developing chips and systems that have focused on advanced image processing. He has managed engineering teams for notable technology companies such as SONY, Cirrus Logic, Linkup Systems, NeoMagic, Kolorific, and TSSI. Jimmy joined Perigon in 2012 and is the Director of Image Quality and Verification.
Risks and challenges
We’ve been planning for the risks and challenges that we may come across during our campaign, and preparing for them the best we can. We have had factories and suppliers lined up and ready to roll for some time, and are just waiting to open housing tools for the display and the camera. We’re aware that some issues can’t be foreseen, the same way you might not see a fender bender coming. Should any issues arise with manufacturing or shipping, we have a variety of tactics set in place to keep things moving and on track- primarily by having multiple supplier options for each component. Our team has set safe shipping dates so that if any speed bumps arise, we should still be able to meet our deadlines. We don’t anticipate any major speed bumps, but we’ll be sure to keep you updated every step of the way no matter what.
At Perigon, we’re all about clarity, both literally and figuratively, and we’ll do our best to address any questions or concerns you might have and keep things moving to get you your Perigon delivered on time. At Perigon, we’ve got your back!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)