Don’t let children struggle with school anymore! VR4E is a tool that complements traditional learning methods to help kids learn in an immersive way with pedagogically-approved experiences to improve their ability to retain information in a fun way.
3rd graders will have the opportunity to learn math, science and history with original and interactive 3D content. They will immerse in 3D worlds depending on each subject.
On this epic journey, students will be helping a group of unique characters to achieve goals while they learn.
- VR4E is a disruptive project with the purpose of revolutionizing the way students learn at school in our country and the whole world.
- We make original content enriched with values so children can be aware of environmental care, helping others, etc.
- Schools can be at the forefront with the best technology for education.
- The educational level of schools will increase with this learning method.
- It has been proved that we learn better by experiences rather than other methods.
VR4E includes 3 different subjects: Math, History and Science. Students put on the VR headsets and immerse into colorful worlds, interacting with the environment and characters while learning in a fun way.
VR4E workbooks are provided to complete the learning experience. All information gathered in the VR lessons are stored for the teacher to have a tangible record of the lessons learned and the improvement of the student.
VR4E is developed using the Oculus Go development kit and assembled in the game engine Unity, a powerful real-time 3D development platform.
Before the journey starts, students meet VAS, their guide along the learning experience who teaches them how to interact and move around in the 3D worlds.
There are two game modes, Normal mode where children are able to learn in an interactive way and Time Trial mode for practicing, having a limited amount of time to solve a question or problem. Students are able to practice as many times as the teacher decides. They are challenged to earn coins and have the option of trading them for interesting artifacts that could help them in the game or trade them for the teacher’s choice like extra points, for example.
Set in Candy Land, the student's mission is to help elf Lonny to gather all the possible candies he can by solving mathematical inequalities. Students need to solve mathematical operations such as additions and subtractions to get to the next level... But watch out! If you fail, your candies may be taken away by the playful elf, Mally.
Students to the rescue! As they become scientists in their own science lab, they help Nico, the invisible kid, to have a body again by putting together his skeleton. They need to be prepared and know what goes where for it to work, though.
Inside the lab students will discover interesting facts, as they bump into a dinosaur, giant DNAs and other scientists. Are they ready for the challenge?
In this journey to the past, students take the role of Christopher Columbus’ assistant and help him convince Queen Isabella I to finance their journey and gather their crew to sail from Palos Port to discover America.
The trip will be filled with interesting facts and the students will be able to take part of it in an interactive manner to enrich their learning. What better way to learn history than living history yourself?!
As for the production schedule, we are in the midst of production and we are looking forward to a march 2019 prototype release.
We are a Mexican startup founded with the desire of a positive change in our country’s education. We believe that virtual reality is not a technology for entertainment purposes only, but it can also help improve and strengthen learning.
Started by 3 co-founders:
- Valentina Flores: Digital Animation Engineer and Producer in La Malinche.
Adriana Torres: Digital Animation Engineer and Management Executive & Strategic Planning in La Malinche.
- Sara Herrera: Digital Animation Engineer and Creative & CGI Director in La Malinche.
Our team is formed by:
- A pedagogue who, with the help of the Creative Director, merges the fun part with the learning aspect.
- Concept artists dedicated to design all the environments and characters and also the textures.
- 3D modelers dedicated to do all the characters and environments in 3D.
- Riggers and animators who make characters come alive with movement.
- An audio composer who makes original and learning oriented music for the game.
- And last but not least, programmers dedicated to implement all the game mechanics in the video game engine and the VR implementation.
Combining all their talented skills we are getting to an awesome result that is VR4E's prototype.
This is the way we are splitting up our funds when we reach our goal:
Important: The money raised will be destined to finish the prototype but as more funds are raised, it will help us to make the complete version faster, so share it with your friends!
We do have some stretch goals ideas but we will get to it as soon as we reach our goal!
We will handle the shipping after the campaign is complete, based on actual shipping costs. Shipping will be handled and collected using the pledge manager. We will do our best to ensure that wherever you are, we will either ship directly or through our hub to a lower cost.
Risks and challenges
We are aware that technical difficulties are common in every production so our main concern is time and getting behind schedule, but we are very passionate about this project and we are confident that this project will revolutionize the way kids learn. That is why we have created a very strict production plan, and we leave room for any setbacks we could come across with so we can get to the deadline punctually.
For further contact please send us a mail to email@example.comLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)