Razorsedge Films have just come off an incredible accomplishment, creating a Feature Film called Hobbes & Phil vs Zombies for only $8,000 dollars.
People in the industry, such as Lance Henriksen (Aliens) and Alec Gillis (Oscar nominated F/X guru) were blown away with what we created for such a miniscule amount of money. RazorsEdge Films have always prided themselves on creating the most...with the least.
This time around we have created what we believe to be a very solid and polished script. A vampire film called The Blood Hunter, starring Timothy Patrick Quill and Iryna Rodionova.
The Blood Hunter follows a broken man named John Deckard. Deckard has nothing going for him; he has lost his brother, wife, job and now a group of blood thirsty vampires are after him. Deckard joins an elite group of vampire hunters called the Blood Hunters, and finds redemption along the way as we see him rise up and become the man he was meant to be.
The Blood Hunters are comprised of:
Vinnie (Timothy Quill):
The charismatic leader of the Blood Hunters. He has made a lucrative business out of hunting vampires and pulling their teeth. When ground up and ingested, these teeth have amazing regenerative properties for humans, who are willing to pay top dollar for Master Vampire teeth.
Vinnie's son. He is the muscle of the group. Strong willed and impulsive. He has recently become addicted to Vampire blood which makes him even more impulsive and hotheaded.
Poker is the step son of Vinnie's. He is suave and cool headed. Like an old west gunslinger, he wears a cowboy hat and two six shooters filled with silver bullets.
The love interest of our Protagonist, Deckard. She is athletic, sexy and mean as a pit bull.
He is the "every man", struggling to get through life. He continually makes bad choices and screws up, until he has nothing left. His life in shambles, he stumbles across the Blood Hunters, where he finds a new path in life and becomes the man he was meant to be.
THE SET UP:
Vampire have become nearly extinct, as only a Master can turn another vampire. The Elder vampires have hidden "Blood Obelisks" throughout the world that contain the Blood of the Elders. This Blood not only allows sub vampires the ability to walk in sunlight, but also allows them to be able to create new vampires. Unbeknownst to Deckard, he is in possession of one of the obelisks. A blood thirsty cult of degenerate vampires have discovered this and are desperate to get their hands on it. The Blood Hunters have been tracking this group of vampires migration and find them in the tiny town of Pleasant View, where Deckard is employed as a High School Teacher.
The beautiful and talented Amy Truax will be playing the role of Moxie-athletic, bad ass Blood Hunter and love interest to Deckard.
So if we are able to create so much for so little...what do we need help for and what will the money go towards? we could write a 10 page budget for you to analyze...but realistically the three big areas we could use a little help in are:
1) F/X --we want to be able to push the project up even another notch over past projects. That means, blood, makeup and F/X must be spot on, especially since we are filming in 4K Raw.
2) Locations-some of the locations we need will require set building...because we want to destroy the sets. YES!!
3) More high caliber actors! We have some letters of intent from other actors, but it means raising a little more income!
4) Food-in the past we have had some amazing donations in the food department. It takes an army to create a film...and unfortunately it costs to feed that army. We have donations coming in...but a little extra in the food department never hurts!
What we can promise you:
If we raise the amount listed as our goal, we can guarantee you that we will 100% make and finish this film to the best of our abilities. If you enjoyed some of the scenes we showed you from our $8,000 film (Hobbes & Phil) than I can GUARANTEE you, that you are going to absolutely LOVE The Blood Hunter, which has a MUCH LARGER budget! PLUS...CHECK OUT THE REWARDS!!! They are amazing! You definitely get back your donation's worth and then some!
Risks and challenges
As many of you know, there are risks involved in an Indie film not being completed. That will not happen on this project. I have ALWAYS completed something once I begin, as proven by my track record. One of the reasons I can do this, is because I carefully analyze the budget and the crew before I begin any project. Our budget came in slightly below the funds we had available on this. So, rather than "risk it" and jump into Production, we decided to Crowd Fund a small portion to ensure that production goes as smoothly as possible.
TO MAKE YOU FEEL EVEN MORE COMFORTABLE, if the unthinkable happens and we cannot complete the project, I am more than willing to refund every last penny within 30 days of determining the project a failure...but that won't happen.
This isn't our first rodeo. We have successfully completed 4 other feature film projects, and have attracted media coverage and peer support on every one of them. The "risk" is basically zero, since I will personally guarantee a refund if worst case scenario did occur. I have a degree in filmmaking...which truth be told does not mean a whole lot...but what it does mean is that I have extensive practice and training in actually working around "Murphy's law" and problem solving the unthinkable when it does occur. It also means that I have been trained in every aspect of the filmmaking process, from camera, to sound, to editing, to budgeting, etc. etc etc. so that I can actually think through the problems when they do occur. And they ALWAYS occur.
Rest assured, we will create an amazing project with your support!
Challenges are what makes filmmaking fun, if you ask me!! I LOVE challenges. The bigger the challenge, the more it excites me!! So I say, "BRING IT ON!"
Specific challenges for this picture:
1. Shooting 4K RAW-that takes A LOT of space and comes with its own unique challenges. We have a dual set up in place with SSD drives, and CFAST 2.0 cards, so we should be more than covered.
2. Remote locations-no power, or sanitation facilities or running water. That was basically how we shot all of "Hobbes" so we know how to work around these issues
3. Sound issues-shooting by railroads, highways, factories, etc. Yep...we are used to working around less than optimal sound conditions-that's how we have shot 80% of our films.
4. Blood-ALL THAT BLOOD and GORE means sticky massive messes!! Yep-that's how we roll. Being our 4th Horror film, we are used to the mess, and have protocol in place to keep the locations pristine.
5. Set Building-since there are certain rooms we want to destroy, it will require some sets to be built. We have some construction workers on our crew, already itching to build!
- (30 days)