Michael Scott designed Ultimate Soldier in 1992 for his family and friends. The first edition was hand inked on cardboard and laminated. Since then, thanks to computers, designing a game has become more economical and efficient. Today, after countless revisions and years of testing, Ultimate Soldier is finally ready to be printed for the masses.
If you are military(or former military) or are purchasing the game for someone in the military we will give you the custom wood ammo box for free. We will not question you on this, please be honest our service men and women deserve it. You will also receive a special gift only for the military pledgers. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.
1. Soldier Cards (16)
2. Training Cards (Common) (32)
3. Action Cards (Common) (60)
4. Weapon Cards (Common) (10)
5. Sniper Cards (Common) (2)
6. Intensity Cards (Common) (4)
7. Special Cards (Common) (9)
8. Victory Cards (40)
9. Rules of Engagement: Combat Reference Card (6)
10. Game Manual (1)
About the GAME:
The game is for two to six players and is played in rounds. There are usually 3-4 rounds in a game. Game play lasts 20-40 minutes. It is a quick paced game involving strategic combat. Outwit and outmuscle your opponents to become the Ultimate Soldier. This game has been in development for 20 years. We are excited to be able to publish the game in the highest quality possible.
To begin each player will start with 1 Soldier card, a Reference card, and eight Common cards. To begin the first player draws a Common card. They can make one of three moves during their turn.
1. Play a Training Academy card (When the equivalent of four Training Academies is met, they earn another Soldier card).
2. Mount an assault against another soldier, which can include enhancements from Weapons and Intensity cards (If your soldier dies and you do not have another one trained, you cannot mount an assault).
3. Discard because they are unable to make another move.
The game is played in rounds; the first player to either earn or have four soldiers alive, or win in three separate combats, wins the round. Players then get to draw Victory cards for winning the round or surviving the round with a Soldier card. The first player to earn seven Victory cards wins. If a player loses three or more battles during a round, they must surrender a Victory card.
The game is designed to keep everyone involved throughout the game even if it is not their turn. For instance, during combat, a player can use a Deflection card to send the assault to someone else. During combat, if a player doesn't have cards to retaliate, but has a Radio for Help card, they get to draw two cards from anyone not in combat. There are also plenty of surprises, so don't leave the table for anything:
The Sniper: a card that can be played at any time even when it is not that player's turn. The sniper takes out a soldier without recourse. However, if the player being shot by the sniper holds a Mirror card, they can use it to reflect the light into the sniper's eyes and survive.
The Bomb: a card that can be played at any time, even when it is not that player's turn. The bomb kills one soldier in every player's hand, unless they hold a Dud or Super Dud card. The Dud card saves the soldier of the player that holds it. The Super Dud saves all the soldiers on the table. If you are on the way to victory, you might want to just hold onto the Super Dud and watch your foes explode.
The Zombie Soldier is an exclusive Soldier for the Limited Edition first run for the Kickstarter campaign.
Kick Starter Exclusive Pixel Soldiers
Expansion Pack 1, Wild West Pack:
You will receive a copy of the 13 card expansion set, including, 6 Wild West Soldiers, 6 Wild West Weapons, and a Custom Wild West Sniper Card.
Expansion Pack 2, Civil War Pack:
You will receive a copy of the 13 card expansion set, including, 6 Civil War Soldiers, 6 Civil War Weapons, and a Custom Civil War Sniper Card.
Expansion Pack 3, Revolutionary War Pack:
You will receive a copy of the 13 card expansion set, including, 6 Revolutionary war Soldiers, 6 Revolutionary War Weapons, and a Custom Revolutionary War Sniper Card.
Private: The Game Ultimate Soldier
Sergeant: The game and the 1st expansion set.
Sergeant Major: The Game and expansion sets 1 & 2.
Lieutenant: The game and all 3 expansion sets
Captain: The game all 3 expansion sets and the Wood Ammo Box.
Major: Custom Soldier Level,
Colonel: Design Staff
2 Star General: Full Custom Expansion
All backers will receive weekly e-mail update on the project.
All backers will get their name included as a backer in the instruction booklet.
All backers will get their name included as a backer on the website.
Ultimate Soldier Card Game, limited edition first run.
$12 CUSTOM HAND MADE AMMO BOX:
Each box is hand made in the USA and custom fit to the deck and expansion sets ordered. To add the ammo box simply include an extra $12 to whatever reward level you select.
WALL BUDDIES, MOVABLE WALL STICKERS:
3' x 18": $50
Mini Buddies 12" x 5" (1) for $15 (3) for $35
You can choose any character you want for a wall buddy.
please add $10 for international shipping.
Custom Patches $5:
Add either of these to your reward by adding $5 to your pledge. Patch 2 is included to all backers $42 and up.
Military discount on these will be buy 2 get 1 free.
Patch 1 is 2" x 2"
Patch 2 is 2" x 3"
They are fully embroidered.
Dog Tags $8:
To add a set of dog tags simply add $8 to your pledge. The tags come in either stainless or black. Silencers and a chain are included with each set. The tags are personalized to each backer including; Name, Pledge Level, and Pledge Date. The tags are included as part of the reward for levels $78 and up
To add a t-shirt simply include and extra $20 to the reward selected. T-shirts are available in any size toddler to 2X. If you need 3X or above please add an additional $7.00, Thanks!
Ultimate Soldier was Table Approved by Tabletested.com
Table tested review:
CUSTOM DESIGN EXPANSION SOLDIERS:
1. Full Pixel Soldier Expansion Set: Once 100% funding is reached, the Dynamite Pixel Soldier and his weapon will be added to the game. When the first stretch goal of $5,500.00 is reached every backer at the sergeant level or above will receive a full set of 5 more Pixel Soldiers, 5 more pixel weapons and a pixel sniper.
2. Premium Blue Core Printing: The game will be upgraded from its already 300gsm quality stock to blue core, premium card stock. Also every game will receive a kickstarter exclusive Special Stealth Assassin Card.
3. Victory Tokens: All backers sergeant level and up will receive will receive victory tokens to use during the game. The tokens will be used as a marker for each combat won in a round.
4. Limited Edition Miniature: We will have a vote to decide on which Soldier will be made into a miniature. Every backer at Lieutenant level and above will receive the limited edition miniature.
Home Run Games is a proud sponsor of the Wounded Warrior Project. A portion of proceeds from every game will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Project.
music in the video by: songsbydano.com
Risks and challenges
The final design process is finished and the game is ready for manufacturing. The only challenges are timely printing and logistics of shipment. We are in contact with several quality game printers and fulfillment centers. We will be working with them to ensure quality timely manufacturing so that we can send out the game as efficiently as possible.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (39 days)