About this project
About the exhibition:
The ''In the air'' exhibition is a solo art show by emerging artist Nathan Gilbert. It will be held in the heart of Miami Beach during the most important and most influent art related event in the world. It will also be the artist's (NG) first international solo show.
The show will be open from 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM on December 3, 4, 5 and 6. It is open to public and free of entry, RSVP at email@example.com is still strongly recommended since the places are limited.
The artwork exhibited:
About the rewards:
Backers of this project will receive some very exclusive and unique content from the photo collections used to make the exhibition's artwork. Including limited edition prints, personalized message from the artist and even some custom pieces.
Those limited edition pieces can only be obtained by funding this project wich makes them unique very valuable. Whatever your budget is, this Kickstarter gives you a great opportunity to invest in the ''Art game''. Keep in mind that every reward is unique and that any images used for this project will only be printed in limited quantities.
About the different collections:
The ''In the air'' Miami & New York print and painting collection / The images in that collection were taken in the air by the artist himself on many private helicopter tour over those cities during the summer of 2015. Viewing major urban areas from the sky really changes the subject's perception. They are unique to the exact place and time that they were taken in terms of angle, lighting and cropping.
Some of the images in that collection were selected, printed and painted over by the artist and will be the main artwork displayed his exhibtion. The technique used by the artist for the realisation of those pieces is unique; The photos are printed on a stretched canvas wich is mounted on a wooden frame, like a regular painting. The artist then work over the photo with paint, plaster, epoxy and other materials to increase the detail level and bring out the colors.
The ''Beyond Boudaries'' collection / This collection was the one used in the last show by NG (june 2015). It's composed of several images from all over the world, putting the emphases on how connected our world actually is and how the urban sprawl and transport network stretches far beyond boundaries. There is a limited amount of 15 images available for backers to choose from, wich shall all be printed only once.
About the printing process:
High qualiy print on photographic paper / This printing process is the most simple offered but also the cheapest. Even at a low price, the quality is not compromised. The colors are stunning and the edges are sharp. The printer and paper used to make those prints are industrial, professionnal grade equipement that requires a lot of knowledge and competence to operate.
- Low price, high quality; This material is not very pricy yet it's still of a great quality. It keeps the resolution and colors of the image very neat and well detailed (much more than regular photo paper) and has a semi-glossy finish.
- Very verstatile; This printing process makes a very versatile product that can be framed, laminated or simply pinned to a pin up board.
High qualiy print on photographic paper mounted on ¼'' Sintra PVC board / These ''ready to install'' artistic photo prints are made of a high quality photographic paper wich is then glued to a PVC panel of ½'' with epoxy glue. Once the glue has dryed up the edges of the panel are sandblasted for a smooth finish. At the end, a scratch/graffiti proof high gloss varnish is applied to make the piece much more durable and resistant.
- Great value; Stunning finish and resistance at a very reasonable price.
- Easy to install/hang; Two little hooks on the back of the Sintra PVC board makes it easy to hang the piece(s) on any wall.
Lithography on aluminum panel / The lithography on metal, more precisly aluminum is a very complicated and unique process. It requires a lot of equipment and knowledge to achieve but has by far the best look and finish of any process currently available on the market. Other than being the most esthetic process of them all, it's also the most resistant.
- Sleek and lightweight design; Printed on a thin aluminum panel of 1/16''. The aluminum is then glued to a smaller ⅓'' Sintra PVC board allowing the edges of the artwork to stay at 1/16''.
- Colors and resolution fidelity; The process used to print with this material allow the maximum fidelity of colors and detail level on the market. Your print is going to look just the same as it looks on you computer screen, even better !
- Weather resistant; This material bare any weather from a cold nothern winter to a sunny southern summer, without fading, bending or scratching.
- Easy to install/hang; Two little hooks on the back of the Sintra PVC board makes it easy to hang the piece(s) on any drywall.
Why are the funds needed ?
The funds raised will only help the artist cover a part of his expenses in relation with the exhibition.
Those may include :
- Two (2) Plane tickets (artist + 1 helper)
- Lodging/ Hotel for 2 (artist + 1 helper)
- Transport of artwork from Montreal to Miami
- Space rental
- Catering and beverages for guests
How to reach the artist ?
- Instagram page:
- Facebook page:
- Twitter account:
- Linkedin account:
*Don't hesitate to contact the artist for any questions/comments you might have about this project or anything else concerning his work.
You can easily reach him by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Past exhibitions or collaborations by the artist:
''Beyond Boundaries'' / Galerie 203 (Montréal, Qc, Canada) / 5th Solo exhibition / 2015.06.18
''Chasing light'' / Galerie 203 (Montréal, Qc, Canada) / 4th Solo exhibition / 2014.05.15
''Scratching the surface'' / Galerie 203 (Montréal, Qc, Canada) / 3rd Solo exhibition / 2012.06.14
''On the move'' / Galerie SOHO / (Montréal, Qc, Canada) / 2nd Solo exhibition / 2011.09.08
''Cityscape'' / Atelier 6684 (Montréal, Qc, Canada) / 1st Solo exhibition / 2010.11.18
Risks and challenges
When it comes to art exhibits, there are always a lot of risks and challenges. From production the actual artwork to managing the event in every little details. If anything unexpected happens, two thing are more important than any others and have to be the main focus; The respect of the deadline and never compromising the quality of the work.
Aside from being a huge production challenge, these kind of events need a lot of preperation and experience to host. A good thing is that this is not my first time around. Over the years I have acquired the resources I needed to now take this project forward! I am planning to work as dedicated and as hard as I did for my last shows wich were all success.
NGLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (31 days)