Update #38: The Castle Biome!
[Note: This is live on Steam now, and will appear on Humble later this evening.]
Today's update adds a new environment type, our fifth and final. As we promised way back in the mists of Kickstarter, we now have a biome type for each of the islands: Rural, fens, industrial, mountains and castle. The castle biome places a huge ruined tourist attraction across one part of the map - a familiar sight for people who live in certain parts of the UK.
Behold! A video:
As such this update represents the marvelous conclusion of the major content updates for the alpha. We have another patch coming up to rejig some biome elements and add an end sequence, but this nevertheless delivers all the single-player content we'd planned and promised during our initial fund-raiser. It's a fine feeling to have come this far. But it is far from over! We need your feedback to continue the great dance of balancing and bug-stomping. So let us know what you find, over on the forums.
- NEW - The Castle Biome (New island option in world creation.)
- NEW - Soundtrack (Related audio slider in game options.)
- NEW - Menu scenes including the world's greatest menu pheasant.
- Scarecrow pathing reworked.
- Landowner collider altered to improve pathing.
- Squire audio altered to reflect movement.
- Z-fighting on buildings and rock formations. (OMG!)
- Slagheaps no longer have paths over them in Industrial biomes.
- Fixed mesh combination at World Generation.
- Fixed information window and V/O playing on fire use.
- Pub sign taller to avoid collision with landscape and scenery.
- FOV pop on binocular equipping.
- Controller reworked in all menu situations.
- Fixed erroneous mouse inputs during menu use.
- Seabeast particle effect errors fixed.
- No more crashes on rider death.