Today we're serving up the 1.1 patch for you all, which fixes a bunch of minor issues but also adds a custom biome and a global robot manager.
The robot manager allows you to select global values for how enemies appear in the world, which should allow you to make it harder or easier as you prefer. You can even remove all hostile NPCs from the world (the pheasants and rabbits stay!) and consequently add a "Walking Simulator" mention to our Steam tags...
The custom biome means that you can create some non-standard worlds that go way beyond what the five standard biomes allow. You can switch that on in Game Options. But wait! We know that the first thing you'll do is make the maddest worlds you can, so it's important to stress that the permutations this world generator provides are so extreme that they might make teleporter fragments inaccessible to you, which means there's a chance the crazier levels can't be completed.
If you don't want to risk that for a proper playthrough, then stick to the standard templates or spend some time experimenting with a myriad of valid worlds. If you're happy just to see what you can make, however, that's what the custom biome is for. Remember that with the robot manager you can also now tour these worlds in safety. There's even a world code function in Game Options so you can share your creations with others. (Paste these codes in the Custom biome editing screen to get that exact world!)
Here's a video to explain more:
- NEW: Custom Biome (activated in Game Options.)
- NEW: Global robot spawn manager.
- NEW: Added graphics option to disable God Rays.
- NEW: Colour picker for robot visors (Colour blindness support).
- Robot step height tweaked.
- Fences no longer appear over seriously sloped terrain.
- Audio-based distraction of robots now more reliable.
- Robots can no longer spawn inside pylons.
- Shots Fired stat now accurate.
- Starting gear item count now matches menu list.