About this project
Time is getting over and we are not going to reach our goal.
First at all I like to thanks to all participants, helpers and backers of this project.
I also like to write this note just in case it is helpful for people that is willing to publish a new project on KS.
Analizing the campaign I find the following issues;
- Lack of precampaign. For a sucessful campaign it is necessary a previous hard work to promote and difusse the product before launching KS.
- High price of product. Attention!!!. I don´t say it is an expensive product. Every single penny of the rewards are worthy and justified.
The average range of KS rewards are betwen $5 to $500.
- Video. Maybe too slow at beginnning and focused only in the product. It doesn´t transmit the uses of IKKUT neither who is behind.
- Lack of targeted audience. As Clay Hebert twitted me, IKKUT is out of common KS user. And I responded him;
IKKUT = Great tool for marketing & commercial purposes.
Anyway it has been a positive learning trip.
I hope I see you soon in new projects. With kindly regards,
IKKUT...A giant iPad?
IKKUT is a new way to showcase your products, your company, or your projects, as well as for having fun. All that you need is a projector and your computer. Use a single USB connection, and you’re ready to go.
Multi-touch experience in a large display.
In today´s world, everything is turning into a touch-enabled device. Smartphones, tablets, and pretty much every new gadget is features a touch interface. This is now the way we interact with machines. So why not have a large screen where you can work, play or showcase something in a very intuitive way?
IKKUT presents an exclusive and modern aesthetic design just for this. The interaction is made possible by an IR Touch Frame, a well-known and tested use of infrared technology.
- Built in a steel structure that uses a 6 mm security tempered glass display
- Structure presented in a black powder coated paint
- Display position adjustable from 0º to 90º for your convenience
- Laser cut lateral design
- 40 “ IR Touch Frame
IR Touch Frame Technology - Main Features:
• True Multi-Touch. No Ghost Points.
• Single USB Connection
• 16:9 Format
• Response time of 7- 13 ms
• Accurate and Reliable
• Landscape Orientation
• Input: Finger, Gloved Hand or Stylus (with a diameter ≥ 5mm)
• One-Time Calibration.
• Friendly Interface• Compatible with Windows 7/8, Mac OS X, Linux*, Android
• Supports TUIO/Flash Protocol and Windows Native HID
- First ideas and sketches (December- 2013)
- Prototype (April-May – 2014)
IKKUT is now a reality.
We are looking to do a 50 units production run, and we need the funding to bring this product to you.
Our plan for production is as follow.
Duty and Taxes outside of Spain
You must be aware that duty, custom tariffs, value added tax (VAT), and other similar taxes and fees might be charged by your country once your IKKUT is delivered. The specific amounts for each of them will depend on our country’s regulations, and therefore you should directly contact your country’s customs office to learn more about this.
Risks and challenges
As is the case with anything that has to be manufactured, packaged and shipped all over the world, there are certain risk and challenges that need to be considered for a project such as this, as there are certain elements that are out of our control.
Since everything is built locally, we can have greater control over the production process, and this will allow us to oversee all details during the manufacturing, assembling, testing, packaging and shipping processes.
We will make sure to apply all of our experiences, expertise and skills to reduce all delays to a minimum, and you can rest assured that in the end you will receive a product of the utmost quality.
And we must make it clear that any delay in shipping times are truly beyond our control since they depend on the policies of each delivery company, as well as on your country’s regulations on imports.
Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
All you need to make the most of your IKKUT is one computer and one projector.
Any computer will do (Windows, Mac, Linux and Android). Just install the specific driver for your Operation System, and plug the single USB connection.
Tip. You can use a SlimPC and integrate it into the IKKUT thanks to the tray holder.
Any projector with Rear Projection mode will get the job done. You may use a short range distance projector and install it at the tray holder that is integrated in the podium. For medium and long range distance projector, we provide an exterior tray holder.
No! The podium is sent to you pretty much pre-assembled. The lateral legs are assembled, and all you have to do is place the middle tubes, reinforcement pieces and the tray holder. Finally, just place the glass over the steel structure, plug it in, and your podium is ready to use.
IR Touch Frame technology does not require any type of maintenance, and the IR Touch Frame even includes a two-year warranty.
There are many uses for your IKKUT podium:
• Retail Display • Showrooms
• Education & Training
• TV Studios
• Fairs, Conferences and Presentations
• Museums and Exhibitions
• At home for entertainment
• At the office for professional work
The podium is manufactured, built and shipped from Spain. Costs for shipping will be calculated once the campaign has been completed.
Due to the unique design and structure of IKKUT, shipping costs must be calculated once your unit is ready to ship. The shipping and handling cost will not be more than $450 total, and any cost over said amount will be covered by Azkenmedia.