Life in Bunker is a vault-building sim, where you are in charge of a small bunker with a handful of resources and a bunch of residents. You’ll have to manage daily routine of the bunker residents, expand and protect the bunker and, of course, overcome all challenges and dangers of the underground life.
Will the new generations ever see the sunlight again or will they be doomed to disappear in the cold, concrete corridors of their underground home? The answer depends on your decisions and thoughtful management.
1) eight level bunker - each world consists of eight ground layers where you can expand your bunker.
2) complex infrastructure: electricity, water, oxygen - almost everything in the bunker requires either water or electricity (sometimes both) to operate. And of course clean air for the residents.
3) randomly generated world - every new game you have a new world to dig in.
4) research and upgrades - you can improve existing equipment and open the new ones.
5) residents management - all residents have different stats and can acquire only certain professions.
6) ageing - you need to carefully plan the life of your residents because as time passes they getting older and become less efficient.
7) events system - random events which bring extra challenges and bonuses into the bunker
You can grow up to 4 different kinds of food to keep the ration balanced.
Protect your home against unwelcome guests.
And do all other activities in your spare time
Anton and I (Alex) met about six years ago on a forum dedicated to development of video games, since then we've been working together on different small projects mainly as a hobby. For the last three years we've been working as independent game developers. Our most prominent project is Frozen State .
Alex (Satori) Prokhorov
Game design and art
Game design and code
Life in Bunker started as a small side project to test some of the ideas we had in minds, steadily our prototype has grown into something interesting and fun to play.
Everything you see has been made by only two of us in our spare time. However, with your support we will be able to hire the talents we are currently lacking and finish all the features we have planned.
The money from this campaign will go towards:
- Music and sound design - very important parts of any game, and we want that LIB would have awesome sound effects and music that to match and enhance the atmosphere.
- Finishing and polishing the game - make LIB as good as it possibly can be.
Take a closer look at the awesome rewards we have prepared for you.
These t-shirts will be available only for the backers.
Risks and challenges
We are a very small team and all responsibilities lie on the shoulders of just two men. There is a slim chance that if anything bad happens to one of us, the final release may be delayed.
It's also not a secret that making video games is a complex and laborious task with many risks involved. This particularly applies to the games at very early stages.
However LIB has already gone through the prototype stage and almost all features of the gameplay are in place. If LIB is successfully funded we will give access in two months, after campaign is finished. And we expect to release the full game in February 2016Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)