Cautionary Fables and Fairytales: Oceania Edition is a fairytale comic anthology full of awesome comics inspired by folklore from Hawaii, the Philippines, New Zealand, and more, by cartoonists hailing from all around Oceania!
- Jonah Cabudol-Chalker & Kate Ashwin - The Night Marchers
Rob Cham - The Alan and The Hunters
- Yiling Changues - The Legend of the Coconut Tree
- Paolo Chikiamco & Tintin Pantoja - Thousand Eyes
- Diigii Daguna - The Tyrant has Horns
- Brady Evans - Left in the Canefields
- Mark Gould - The Ibalon Epic: a Retelling of Baltog
- Genevieve Huddy - Nanaue the Sharkboy
- DJ Keawekane & Kel McDonald - Pele and Poliahu: A Tale of Fire and Ice
- Sloane Leong, Kate Ashwin & Meredith McClaren - Kapo'i and the Owl
- Nicole Mannino - The Story of Benito
- Mariel Maranan - Putri Ganigan and the Demon King Lawana
- Kim Miranda - The Legend of Apolaki and Mayari
- Iole Marie Rabor - Tabi po
- Cy Vendivil - The Turtle and The Lizard
- Tokerau Wilson - Below Raro
- Nick Iluzada - Cover art
- Koi Carreon - exclusive print
Dana Paresa - exclusive print
- Lucia Retamales - Kickstarter video and music
The artwork is complete, we just need the funding to pay all the wonderful artists and get it to the printers.
The Cautionary Fables and Fairytales series has been chronicling folktales from around the world for several years now, and this Oceania edition will be our fourth volume. All of the previous volumes covering tales from Asia, Europe and Africa are available through this Kickstarter, and you can find more information about them, including sample pages, on our site cautionaryfables.com!
We're asking for $32,000 dollars, most of which will be paying the artists taking part. The rest will be going to pay for the printing and shipping. If we're lucky enough to overfund, the artists will all receive bonuses, check the stretch goals section for more information on that!
- High-res digital copies of Cautionary Fables and Fairy Tales: Oceania Edition will be available, along with the previous three volumes.
- A print copy of Cautionary Fables and Fairytales: Oceania Edition, which will be roughly 270 pages long, black and white, and 6 x 9 inches in size.
- Along with a copy of Cautionary Fables and Fairytales: Oceania Edition, you can get a bookplate signed by all three editors- Kel, Kate, and Sloane!
- Print copies of all four Cautionary Fables books are up for grabs too- they're all black and white, 6 x 9 inches, and run between 200-300 pages long.
- There are also some fantastic art prints! From Koi Carreon, Dana Paresa, Brady Evans, and Tokerau Wilson.
At $37,000, super book packs from Kate, Kel, and Sloane will become available.
At $42,000, a backer level with digital commissions by Tintin Pantoja will be added.
More to be revealed as we get funded.
On top of stretch goals, we follow the contributor bonus system pioneered by Spike Trotman, allowing our artists and writers to earn bonuses as funding gets higher!
If the Kickstarter reaches $35,000, each contributor/team will collect an extra $50.
If the Kickstarter reaches $40,000, each contributor/team will collect an extra $100.
If the Kickstarter reaches $45,000, each contributor/team will collect an extra $150.
And so on. There is no cap on the artist bonuses, so the more we fund, the better it is for everyone!
Kel and Kate are handling fulfillment as a team. US-based Kel is fulfilling orders within the US, while UK-based Kate is handling the rest of the world, thus allowing us to offer you the best possible shipping prices. All art prints or originals will be sent from the US. There will be no extra shipping charges after the fact.
Thanks for your time, and we hope you'll consider helping us to make this book happen!
Risks and challenges
Between us we've fulfilled around 20 kickstarter projects total, so we understand the process pretty well at this point. There's always a risk of unforeseen shipping disasters, but if such things occur, we'll keep backers appraised at all times while we rectify any issues!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (52 days)