After nearly five years in the Boiler Room (launched June 2009), we believe it is time to release the sounds of the Burn Greenville community that have come out of our little prayer room. God's heart has been sung, played, prayed, shouted and cried over the course of thousands of hours of worship and prayer.
We want to capture the essence of our community's worship. We are going to do a professional recording, but we also plan to capture the raw, spontaneous, prophetic nature of our worship times. We have some pre-written songs that we plan to sing, but we are also hoping to capture a few magical, unplanned moments as well.
The presence of God in the Boiler Room has transformed lives, cities and campuses. We believe that as we capture and release these sounds, that others will be caught up into the life-changing presence of God as well!
- We will be gathering at the end of May to record at the Boiler Room 5-year anniversary worship night
- Tentative album title is "Let Incense Rise"
- Tentative release dates are October 17-18 at the Phenomenon Conference w/Sean Feucht in Greenville, NC
- Matthew Lilley will be the primary worship leader. Franklin Boone, Michael Etheridge and Scott Bircher will contribute songs as well. The songs in the background of the video are Let Incense Rise (Matthew Lilley), Yahweh (Michael Etheridge) and Perfect Love (Franklin Boone). These and other unrecorded songs by Matthew will be featured on the album.
- The backing band will be Alan Asby, Derek DeCarlo, Sam Crider and Marcus Barefield.
- John Harrell from the Sound Barn in Kinston, NC will be overseeing the recording process, as well as mixing & mastering the project. John's work carries a modern, polished sound. He has recorded tracks that have been in the top 5 on Christian Rock charts and used on cable TV shows.
The $3500 will cover the costs of recording the audio - including musicians, venue, equipment rentals, engineers, mixing and mastering, digital distribution (itunes, etc.) and printing the first 250 CDs. This is VERY cheap thanks to some support from our friends.
Any funds raised beyond $3500 will go towards video recording.
If we happen to raise a ridiculous amount of money, the excess will go towards funding Christian missions work.
Risks and challenges
Well first of all, we must raise at least $3500 or we do not get ANY of the money! This is all or nothing!
Once we are funded, there are potential setbacks that go along with doing a recording project, especially a live recording project.
Obviously the "live" element of recording involves risks of bad performances or technical glitches. However, we have planned to do two recording sessions so that we have two "takes" of everything.
Whenever you are dealing with a production, there are potential delays in the mixing, mastering and packaging stages. This would mean delay in the album release and delay in getting rewards to everyone. We have given a lot of time (recording in May, releasing in October) to get everything covered, but you never know!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)