"If you wish to forget anything on the spot, make a note that this thing is to be remembered." Edgar Allan Poe
***TALES OF POE Official Movie Trailer*****
To all of our TALES OF POE's Backers.
As promised for the 13th of July, TALES OF POE's official trailer is now released to all of you!
CLICK HERE: http://youtu.be/aweZW2z1E3s
Finishing Funds for TALES OF POE.
TALES OF POE is a feature film anthology based on the writings of Edgar Allan Poe. TALES OF POE readapts three classic Poe tales: "The Tell Tale Heart," "The Cask of Amontillado," and "Dreams." Produced by Alan Rowe Kelly and Bart Mastronardi. Alan Rowe Kelly wrote and directed "The Cask." Bart Mastronardi wrote and directed "The Tell Tale Heart," and also directed "Dreams" from a script by Michael Varrati. The anthology boasts a cast of genre greats that includes Adrienne King, Amy Steel, Caroline Williams, Debbie Rochon, Lesleh Donaldson, Randy Jones, Desiree Gould, Brewster McCall, Alan Rowe Kelly, Bette Cassatt and Cartier Williams.
The good news is TALES OF POE is completed and wrapped! We are only asking to raise the finishing funds for the film so we can ensure a great quality anthology for the Poe enthusiasts, the horror genre fans and YOU!
TALES OF POE is asking to raise $10,013.
Where is the money going to?
- Tales of Poe's Music and sound mix artist, Tom Burns. Tom has been mixing and scoring our projects for years now. He is a hard worker and dedicated musician. Like all artists, Tom, deserves to be payed for scoring and mixing the final third of the anthology. Yes, he loves Alan's cooking but that isn't paying his rent. Paying Tom would certainly allow him the time to properly score and mix the entire film.
- Festival fees. Sending out a feature film to a film festival does get costly with submission fees, administration costs, and the film needs to be mass produced into Blue/rays, DVDs or other formats required by the film festivals. This would allow the film to go to many festivals worldwide and play properly for the projectionist.
- Merchandise. Horror and movie fans LOVE merchandise. Cool swag is the best way we can promote TALES OF POE as it screens at festivals, conventions and tours the world. Wear a TALES OF POE T-shirt! Picture a TALES OF POE poster on your wall! Isn't that is a great poster?
- The Blue Ray/DVD. We want to go full out and make a great collector's Blue Ray/DVD disc for you, our backers. This will include a gorgeous high resolution digital picture with qualtiy sound, commentary from our cast and crew, behind the scenes, deleted footage, BHS photos, and footage from TALE OF POE's Red Carpet event at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood. We really want to give the Blue Ray/DVD a full collector's treatment. Your funding would help in the process.
- Supporting independent filmmakers. TALES OF POE is true independent filmmaking. Following three years of production, we have assembled a dream cast, designed sets and costumes, and adapted our screenplays from a master story-teller. With your support TALES OF POE will allow us to maintain our film's artistic integrity and complete the film on our own terms and agreements.
- Why $10,013 and not $10,000? 13 is THE number!
There you have it. TALES OF POE is a wrap. We just want to ensure the film receives the final funding by asking you to help by donating.
Continue to scroll through the rest of our Kickstarter for what TALES OF POE has already achieved.
NEWS FOR TALES OF POE
**TALES OF POE will have its WORLD PREMIER SCREENING on August 20, 2014 at the historic Egyptian Theater in Los Angeles, CA. on Hollywood Blvd to the cast, crew, invited guests and possibly you.**
Do you want to attend this Hollywood Red Carpet event? Look to our REWARDS!
**On August 19, 2014 Dark Delicacies has invited some of the TALES OF POE cast and crew for a free signing of our movie poster! Plus we are giving away 100 free tickets to attend the Egyptian Theater screening in Hollywood on August 20, 2014**
Who's signing? Keep reading!
- Randy Jones
- Caroline Williams
- Adrienne King
- Amy Steel
- Cartier Williams
- Joe Zaso
- Alan Rowe Kelly
- Lesleh Donaldson
- Michael Varrati
- Brewster McCall
- Bart Mastronardi
- more to come
“True! - nervous - very, very nervous I had been and am; but why will you say that I am mad?” The Tell Tale Heart
Keep scrolling for more info!
Meet some of our cast from TALES OF POE!
Fangoria Article Issue #313
Interview on Shriekfest Radio with Alan Rowe Kelly and Bart Mastronardi (Denise Gossett host) http://tobtr.com/s/6477853
AWARDS and REVIEWS
BUFFALO SCREAMS HORROR FILM FESTIVAL 2011
Best Director- Bart Mastronardi
Best Actress - Debbie Rochon
Best Editing - Alan Rowe Kelly
Best Short -Bart Mastronardi/The Tell Tale Heart
MACABRE FAIRE HORROR FILM FESTIVAL -2012
Best Actress - Debbie Rochon
Best Actor - Alan Rowe Kelly
Audience Choice- Bart Mastronardi/The Tell Tale Heart
THE TERROR FILM FESTIVAL
Best Actress - Debbie Rochon
Best Supporting Actress/Honorable Mention- Lesleh Donaldson
Best Cinematography- Dominick Sivilli
Best Director - Bart Mastronardi
HOT SPRINGS HORROR FILM FESTIVAL 2013
Best of Festival / Special Award -Tell Tale Heart: Tales of Poe
NEW YORK CITY HORROR FILM FESTIVAL 2012
HORROR NATION http://www.thehorrornation.net/film-reviews3/the-tell-tale-heart
HACKED IN THE HEAD http://hackedinthehead.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/the-tell-tale-heart-2012.html?zx=2662ec5879f1cfb0
ANYTHING HORROR http://anythinghorror.com/2011/10/18/the-tell-tale-heart-2011/
ANYTHING HORROR http://anythinghorror.com/2012/01/02/best-horror-short-films-of-2011/
DAILY GRINDHOUSE http://dailygrindhouse.com/reviews/the-shorts-of-alan-rowe-kelly
FANGORIA/GAY OF THE DEAD
TALES OF POE T-SHIRTS! Want one?
The team of TALES OF POE
- Nicole Alexis-Kane Executive Producer
- Robert Kupier Executive Producer
- Mike Watt Executive Producer
- Amy Lynn-Best Executive Producer
- Azmi Mert Erdem Cinematographer
- Dominck Sivilli Cinematographer
- Tom Burns Music and Sound Mixer
- Lee Simms Demon makeup effect
Follow "Tales of Poe"
"We loved with a love that was more than love." Edgar Allan Poe
Risks and challenges
'Tales of Poe" is literally 95% completed. The only other 5% is us asking you to be a part of the film’s final completion process.
"Tales of Poe" is made due to the passion Poe had for his writing. He never gave up and he certainly struggled with living his life as a writer. Poe's passion for telling dark stories through the written word is what inspired us to make our adaption of his works through the beauty of cinema. We do not know where on the success ladder "Tales of Poe" will ascend to, but rest assured with the hard work, accolades, festival screenings, a celebrated ensemble cast, dedicated crew, and now you, we are confident the film has already begun its ascent.
We fully believe with backers like you "Tales of Poe" will reach its goal and beyond.
"Tales of Poe's" biggest challenge was to figure out reasonable rewards for your generosity. We hope you will enjoy the rewards we have provided as they are commemorative merchandise from the film. By backing us, you join in with us as part of the contributing team on "Tales of Poe."
Please feel free to contact us on any of our social media networks listed or email us at email@example.com.
*All audience members must be 18 or older or must be accompanied by an adult.*
*Rewards given to Associate Producer and Executive Producer require additional signatory paper work.*
- (40 days)