About this project
How the idea was born
In our family, we had always dogs and cats that we would adopt from the streets of our native town of Znojmo. My daughter saved two cats. She found one young cat in a city park and she took it home. She also saved a small kitty which she found in a terrible condition on the street. Now they are big cats and my daughter enjoys her moments with them. That inspired me to do a project which will be cheerful and optimistic. I think I succeeded because a doctor friend of mine told me the following: Your collection is the best antidepressant available on the current market!
The best thing is thatyou do not need to ask your doctor if Cats in the Kitchen are right for you!
The Cats would like to say…
…that the fate of this project is in your hands! Only with your support can the Cats project belong to the successful ones! And if you like these cheerful and playful hand-made ceramic pieces, please, support it! Share this project on Facebook, Twitter or send an email to your friends who might have an interest for it. The author (and the Cats!) thank you and wish you a great day.
Our Cats Trio :
Humorous stylization, hand painted, this decorative piece is usable in the entire apartment, office and kitchen. It can even be used to decorate to the flowerpot – you simply stick a wooden stick into the flowerpot and put a cat on it!
Our Bowls Trio:
- Elegant and practical design.
- Bowls can be stacked into one another to save some space.
- Bowls have a protruding edge, multi-colored lines in pastel colors that harmonizes neatly whit most kitchen design.
- The various colored lines are a great distinguishing feature
- Humorous print of a cat paw inside the bowl.
- Creator's signature at the bottom of the bowl.
Can be used for coffee, tea, sake, soup,
fruit/vegetable salads, dressing, puree
- Capacity: 8 oz.,
- Colorful pastel lines
- Manual signature at the bottom
- Cat paw prints on the outside wall
Espresso (or children!) cup:
- Content 3 oz.
- Size fits into most household espresso machine.
characteristics are the same as in mug classic.
Our Place Mat:
A cool solution to an old problem!
If you don’t have a saucer under your mug or bowl you will have nowhere to put your spoon! If you don’t want to have a mess on the table or counter top, you can put the spoon on our innovative mat! Usable for all items of cutlery and tool used in cooking. And, of course, our mats have our cool signature paw print!
A small, joyful ceramic disk with a powerful magnet that can easily hold even a large sheet of paper! Can be used to attach a message on any metal surface. Every Cat is hand-painted so it is both unique and original!
See more details in this video below.
Something about the author
The author of this project is Mr. Jindrich Dudziak – Czech ceramic artist and avid cribbage player! This is his third Kickstarter project. Cats in the Kitchen can be placed somewhere at the intersection of artistic craft, utility pieces and interior design. In this project, Jindrich Dudziak once again relies on his perfectly mastered craftsmanship to propose a collection that combines a sense to detail, humor, poetry and cheerful use of colors.
The collection is produced in the studio of Czech ceramic artist and designer Jindrich Dudziak in Mont-Saint-Hilaire near Montreal. The pieces are made of porcelain and high-temperature transparent glaze, both of which are food safe. The objects are fired in a kiln at a temperature of 2,300 F and are all hand painted (after they cool down!)
- Big cat: Height: 16.5 cm
- Medium cat: Height 13.0 cm
- Little cat: Height 10.0 cm
- Large bowl: Height: 8,5 cm Diameter: 11.5 cm Volume: 8 oz
- Medium bowl: 7.5 cm 10.5 cm 6 oz
- A small bowl: 6.0 cm 9.0 cm 4 oz
- Magnet: disc diameter 5.5 cm
- Place mat: length of 4-5 cm
- Classic mug: Height 9 cm capacity 8 oz
- Mug for espresso: Height 4 cm capacity 4 oz
At this time we have single basic molds which we used to create the prototypes. We have to produce a matrix to produce forms and then we will use these forms for the actual production. Also we have to buy porcelain, glaze, and packing material. Our production plan is as follows:
- Production of matrix and forms ................................... 1 month
- Production of individual orders .................................... 2 months
- Product packaging and sending................................... 1 month
- Mr. Murphy's buffer................................................……1 month
We guarantee that you will receive your order within 5 months from successful completion of the Kickstarter fundraiser!
Risks and challenges
With over 25 years of experience in the production of ceramics we can guarantee that all stages of production are under control. We only use top-quality food safe materials we have a lot of experience shipping ceramic pieces to backers and customers.
Both bowls and mugs can be used in the microwave and are dishwasher safe.
Thank you in advance for your support!
Support this project
- (50 days)