Hi! My name is Diana and I love drawing houses!
I'm just finishing my Architecture degree and during the last months of my exams, I've been also working as a freelance illustrator and taking commissions. I love doing all kind of illustrations, but one of my favorite things to draw are houses! They combine my love for Architecture and Art in a perfect way and in the same time allow me to make people happy with what makes me happy!
Everyone's home is unique in the same way the people living there are also unique. I believe that a home's character lives in the details and the effort that people put into them - the way the curtains are moving when the windows are open, that plant you planted with your grandma by the entrance when you were a kid or even the light you chose in Ikea for your shared apartment room.
A "Home Portrait" is a way to keep a memory, to share the excitement of buying your first home, an awesome housewarming gift or something to celebrate and honor the story of your own home!
If you choose to commission a home portrait this is how we are going to do it:
1. You choose a nice picture (or pictures) of the house you want me to portray. If you don't have a picture - that's okay, we can also use Google Maps, but make sure that you have checked before if the images are up to date. Remember - any personal information I will receive during your commission is confidential, no names or addresses will be shared! Also - I would love to share my process with my backers and keep everyone excited for their commission, but if someone asks me to keep their home portrait in private, I will fully respect their wish!
2. After you have chosen the picture - we talk about it! What has this home to tell, who are we making happy, do we make the sky blue or purple, the trees green or pink - any bits and bobs that might be relevant for your home's portrait. Also if you want to include a personal message, quote or a "my home is better than yours" - now is the time!
3. I do your sketch and show it to you, so you can make small changes if you don't like something, before starting inking or adding colors. It is extremely important to me that we communicate our wishes to get the best home portrait ever!
4. Your home portrait is ready! I pack it carefully and send it to you whereever you are and in the mean time you get a nice high quality digital version of your home portrait sent to your email.
5. You tell everyone about it and I continue drawing, because that's what I do! <3
You can follow my process at https://www.instagram.com/diaart/
Note: If my project reaches it's goal and I get to start drawing, I will do it in chronological order - meaning that the first people who contacted me will get their drawings first! Shipping will be done every day and no time will be lost in waiting!
Risks and challenges
Recently I have been challenging myself to take my skills on a professional level and to work as much as possible on commissions. For me not only doing art but also communicating with clients, managing deadlines and coordinating different projects at the same time has been such a rewarding and motivating experience. This project will allow me to learn by doing and to grow as an artist and person.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)