Silicone Ball / Mason Jar Drinking Bottle (Canceled)
Silicone Ball / Mason Jar Drinking Bottle (Canceled)
Re-usable Silicone wrap stretches on&off 24oz glass Ball Jar for easy filling. Made in Maine
Re-usable Silicone wrap stretches on&off 24oz glass Ball Jar for easy filling. Made in Maine Read more
About this project
What sets our design apart from similar water bottles?
- Wrap Stretches On/Off: No un-screwing your lid! Our wicked cool silicone jar wrap design stretches on/off for easy liquid filling, yet fits securely on the jar to prevent leaks. Teamed with our silicone cap, your gym bag will stay dry and spill free!
- Use for any 24oz wide-mouth Ball jar - using your jar for all your mason jar Pinterest ideas? Just strap the wrap onto another 24oz wide-mouth jar and you're good to go. (Please see our note in the FAQs section for info about buying silicone wrap only)
- Silicone and Glass ONLY- Truly Plastic-Free! We challenge you to find other water bottles without ANY plastic components- there are very few.
- Made in USA: We are passionate about local manufacturing! All Silicone components will be Made in Maine, USA at our ISO Certified factory. The Ball Jars are produced in Indiana, USA. We will contract one of our preferred US toolmakers to fabricate all three molds needed for this project.
- Environmentally Friendly: A stylish and fun drinking bottle encourages people to drink local tap water reducing PET plastic bottle waste.
- Healthful Drinking: Silicone And Glass Only! Ball Jar glass is free from toxins i.e. Bisphenol-A (BPA), Phthalates, Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), and Polycarbonate. Glass does not leave a residue or generate a metallic taste. Liquid Silicone Rubber (FDA Approved, Class VI Healthcare-Grade) produces a safe drinking wrap, spill-proof cap, and carrying strap.
- Design: Together, our industrial design team- Liz, Bob and Andy- with engineering input from Rick, have achieved a stylish, utilitarian design. For more information about our Silicone Wrap design process to date, please see Casco Bay Molding Jar Poncho Development Page
- Acting Locally: We were fortunate to team up with our local high school, Sanford Regional Technical Center. Our Kickstarter video was produced by graduate, Ema Jane Hutchins / Beatnick Branch Productions, our two factory cameramen, Sanford Technical Center students Devin Dulide and Zach Gagnon, all under the direction Mr. Joe Doiron!
What we need now:
Here is a breakdown of the projected costs:
1. Mold Production:The vast majority of the requested funding will be invested in purchasing three molds to produce the three components: the drinking wrap, spill-proof cap and carrying strap.
2. Part Production: The remaining balance of the funds will be used to pay for silicone (raw material), Ball Jars and the labor of our hourly employees to produce the parts- about 4,500 3-part Silicone Jar Wrap assemblies total.
All in all...We would expect to begin production 12 weeks after reaching our goal. (delivery time from US mold maker)
Breakdown of Perks:
The Jar and Silicone Drinking Wrap: Each includes:
- 1 24 oz. Glass Ball Jar
- 1 Silicone Carrying Strap
- 1 Silicone Drinking Wrap
- 1 Silicone Spill-proof Cap
Colors Available: Translucent Blue, Translucent, Matte Black.
For the love of JAR! Get involved! Heres how:
- Pledge: We would greatly appreciate any and all contributions & participation - get one for yourself or become a distributor!
- Name: We need an awesome name for our new Ball jar wrap. Please submit your ideas via the message board attached to our campaign! Don't let this elegant design forever be known as "The Jar Poncho!" (Liz's Vote)
- Share: If you can't contribute, no problem! We'd appreciate your help just getting the word out! Please tell a friend via link, facebook, or twitter, or Kickstarter share tools.
We hope you'll help us to follow our own product development dream to a better, safer drinking bottle.
Who, What, and Where is Casco Bay Molding?
Who? Our Team is comprised of:
What? Casco Bay Molding is an ISO Certified, Maine based manufacturing company specializing developing Silicone Rubber & Plastic products and components. Our company is a blend of experienced injection molding insiders and young design & quality conscious personnel.
Where? Good ol' Sanford, ME. (About an hour and a half north of Boston, MA)
Risks and challenges
We are hoping too many orders will be a problem...But really, our biggest hurdle is funding.
We make thousands of products daily for our customers, so now we want to start developing more of our own products.
All silicone manufacturing will be done here, at Casco Bay Molding. Our experienced staff is ready and efficient- from machine set-up to part production to putting the shipping label on the final box.
Besides tooling, we do not depend on any outside sources for production. Only machine time for previous orders will will be a variable for the part production schedule.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
That's great! Please email email@example.com for more information and pricing.
Yes you can! Kickstarter does not allow us to sell multiple units so we need to stick to the existing rules. We are purchasing a pad printer to print silicone ink and anticipate doing Customer Logos / Branding / Ad Specialty going forward. Of course, if you have a large volume opportunity we are pleased to discuss pricing, colors and custom printing.
No we choose the 24 oz, "cylindrical - straight walled" Ball Jar mainly because it fit in a higher percentage of car cup holders.
We have no issue selling Silicone caps, straps or wraps separately, but only after we have achieved our Kickstarter goal.
Yes, but not yet. We limited the Kickstarter color selection to three popular colors. If we get funding we are pleased to do special colors for orders of 500 or more Silicone Wrap, Caps or Straps.
Yes Please! We are a factory and would prefer to work with a couple of good marketing partners to assists us closing sales.
We injection mold all of these Silicone products at our ISO Certified Factory in Sanford, Maine USA. We purchase the Ball Jars made in Indiana. Most of the Healthcare Grade, Class VI, FDA Approved Silicone (raw material) we use is produced in Michigan.
Yes - basically it is like Baby Bottle nipple material. Our Scuba customers have been biting down on our Healthcare Grade, Class VI, FDA Approved Liquid Silicone Rubber for 13 years.
The silicone wrap (Liz is still calling it a Poncho) is made from high elongation Healthcare Grade, Class VI Liquid Silicone Rubber. It easily stretches on and off the Ball Jar.
Support this project
- (30 days)