Silicone Ball Jar Water Bottle
Re-usable silicone wrap stretches on/off a 24oz Ball Jar for easy filling & washing- Eco-aware, Stylish, Rugged. Made in Maine, USA
What sets our design apart from similar water bottles?
- No un-screwing your lid! Silicone Wrap Stretches On/Off for easy filling, yet fits securely on the jar to prevent leaks. Teamed with our spill-proof cap, your gym bag will stay dry and spill free!
- Use for 24oz wide-mouth Ball jars - using your jar for all your Ball jar Pinterest ideas? Just stretch the wrap onto another 24oz wide-mouth jar and you're good to go. (Please see our note in the FAQs section for info about buying silicone parts only)
- Healthful Drinking: Silicone and Glass ONLY - Truly Plastic-Free! Glass and Healthcare Grade Silicone are safe and free from toxins- no BPA, PVC, and other chemicals; no residue or metallic taste.
- Environmentally Friendly: A stylish and fun Ball jar water bottle reduces disposable plastic bottle waste and encourages people to drink local tap water.
- Designed for Your Active Lifestyle: Our team has worked hard to incorporate key features, such as: ease of use, portability, wash-ability, being leak-proof and impact resistant.
- Entirely Made in USA: We are passionate about local manufacturing! All Silicone components will be Made in Maine at our ISO Certified factory. The Ball Jars are produced in Indiana. We will contract one of our preferred USA-based toolmakers to fabricate all three molds needed for this project.
- Acting Locally: We were fortunate to team up with our local high school, Sanford Regional Technical Center. Our Kickstarter video was produced by graduate, Ema Jane Hutchins of Beatnick Branch Productions. We would also like to thank our two factory cameramen, Sanford Technical Center students Devin Dulide and Zach Gagnon- All under the direction Mr. Joe Doiron!
For more information about our design process to date, please see Silicone Ball Jar Drinking Bottle Development Page
For the love of JAR! Get involved! Heres how:
- Pledge: We greatly appreciate any and all contributions & participation! Every bit counts!
- Share: If you can't contribute, we understand! We'd appreciate your help just getting the word out!
What we need & What you get:
Your Pledge will make it possible for us to invest in the necessary tooling to begin silicone part production!! Upon successful funding, we will be giving the go-ahead to our US-based toolmaker.
Here is a breakdown of the projected costs:
1. Mold Production: The majority of the requested funding will be invested in purchasing three molds to produce the three silicone components.
2. Part Production: The remaining balance of the funds will be used to pay for silicone, Ball Jars and the labor of our employees to produce the parts- totaling about 5,000, three-part Silicone Jar Water Bottle assemblies.
All in all...We would expect to begin production 12 weeks after reaching our goal and receiving funds. (delivery time for molds)
Breakdown of Perks:
One Silicone Ball Jar Water Bottle includes:
- 1 24 oz. Glass Ball Jar
- 1 Silicone Carrying Strap
- 1 Silicone Drinking Wrap
- 1 Silicone Spill-proof Cap
In your choice of color. Chose from: Translucent, Matte Black, Translucent Blue, Day Glow Pink, Orange.
Who, What, and Where is Casco Bay Molding?
Who? Our Team is comprised of:
Liz: Design/Kickstarter Video Talent
Bob: Outside Design Consultant
Rick: Plant Manager/Engineering
Chuck: Quality Management
What? Casco Bay Molding is an ISO Certified, Maine-based manufacturing company specializing developing Silicone Rubber & Thermoplastic products and components. Our company is a blend of experienced injection molding insiders and young design & quality conscious personnel.
Where? Good ol' Sanford, ME. (About an hour and a half north of Boston, MA)
Thank you for taking the time to review our project!
We pledge to Kick it Forward
Risks and challenges
We are hoping too many orders will be a problem...But really, our biggest hurdle is funding.
We make hundreds of products daily for our custom molding customers, so now we want to start developing more of our own products.
All silicone manufacturing will be done here, at Casco Bay Molding. Our experienced staff is ready and efficient- from machine set-up to part production to putting the shipping label on the final box.
Besides tooling, we are not dependant on any outside sources for production. Only machine time for previous orders will will be a variable for the part production schedule.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)