4/28/15: Aetaltis Launch Day!
Today is the big day! The Heroes of Thornwall PDF goes up for sale on DriveThruRPG and the print version is available for order through our site. And don't worry - all backer orders get fulfilled first!
Press Release & Reviews
Before I get into the usual update stuff, I wanted to mention a couple things.
At the end of this email is the official press release for the release of the book. If you read it, you'll find more information about our next Kickstarter. I hope you guys will be as excited about it as I am!
Also, if you downloaded the book, it would be a HUGE help if you can post a star review at DTRPG and an even bigger help if you can post a text review. The more eyes we can get on the book, the better the chances that I can make even more great Aetaltis products for you!
- Print Update: Printer emailed to say the proof will be ready tomorrow and books are on track for pick-up on May 7th!
- Poster Maps: Printer emailed to say that they will be ready this Friday (May 1st)!
- Short Story for Ambassadors: I didn't forget you! It's coming!
- Sketchcards: Yep - I remember these as well. I'll email those of you who are getting them with details!
That's it for now! I've got a big day today, so I'm off!
Press Release For Immediate Release
GAMERS, GET READY TO BE HEROES!
Mechanical Muse Announces New Pathfinder® Compatible Role Playing Game and a Star-Studded Surprise!
April 28, 2015—Role playing game publisher Mechanical Muse is pleased to announce The Heroes of Thornwall, a new game book set in their world of Aetaltis.
With goblins on the loose and the nearest royal guard post more than three days’ ride away, the town of Thornwall needs help! Complete with gorgeous color artwork and maps, players will be able to visit the amazing world of Aetaltis as they never have before. This game book includes everything heroes need to complete their next Pathfinder campaign, including a detailed town environment, a classic fantasy tavern to serve as their launch pad to adventure, more than twenty non-player characters to help and hinder them, and a high-stakes adventure that plunges heroes right into the action.
Created by Marc Tassin, a published author and editor with years of experience in the gaming industry, Aetaltis is a world that embraces well-loved fantasy elements while breathing new life into them. Part of the initial idea of the world was to create a property that would be able to support a variety of creative endeavors across many platforms, including games, fiction, comics, and art. With that in mind, there is another upcoming event Aetaltis and fantasy fans everywhere won’t want to miss.
On May 11, Mechanical Muse will launch a Kickstarter campaign for its new fiction anthology, Champions of Aetaltis. This anthology will feature original fantasy stories from some of the biggest authors in roleplaying game and fantasy fiction today, including stories from:
- David Farland (New York Times Bestselling Author)
- Ed Greenwood (creator of the Forgotten Realms fantasy world)
- Larry Correia (New York Times Bestselling Author)
- Elaine Cunningham (New York Times Bestselling Author)
- Michael A. Stackpole (New York Times Bestselling Author)
- Elizabeth Vaughan (USA Today Bestselling Author)
- Mel Odom (Shadowrun, Award-winning Author of The Rover trilogy)
- Jean Rabe (Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms)
- Dave Gross (Pathfinder Tales)
- Lucy A. Snyder (Bram Stoker Award winner)
- Cat Rambo (Nebula Award nominee and World Fantasy Special Award winner)
- Bill Willingham (Creator of the Fables comic)
Along with many more equally talented and experienced authors. The anthology will be edited by John Helfers, who has edited more than one hundred anthologies for major publishers such as DAW Books, Tor, Baen, and many others.
Readers will experience the world of Aetaltis in the shoes of characters facing deadly dangers and long odds. They will discover what lies within the mysterious tower of the Golden God, test their courage in the monster-infested halls of the Deeplands, and accompany dwarven stonesailors as they brave the perils of the Blade Sea.
To learn more and to receive all of the latest news in the world of Aetaltis, please visit www.aetaltis.com, and follow @aetaltis on Twitter.
For media inquiries, please contact: Melanie Meadors, Publicist, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pathfinder and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc., and are used under license. See paizo.com/pathfinderRPG for more information on the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.